Glastonbury 2017: Johnny Depp hints at Trump 'assassination'

webfact

Glastonbury 2017: Johnny Depp hints at Trump 'assassination'

Actor Johnny Depp appeared to threaten US President Donald Trump during a speech at the Glastonbury Festival.

"Can you bring Trump here?" he asked the audience, as he introduced a screening of his film The Libertine.

After receiving jeers from the crowd, he added: "You misunderstand completely. When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?" 

"I want to clarify," he added, "I'm not an actor. I lie for a living [but] it's been a while. Maybe it's about time."

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40377075

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-06-23

I don't get why the audience jeered at the mere mention of our President's name. Is he not loved and respected abroad as he is in our more landlocked States?   Color me baffled...just don't color me too much, I might be jailed for deported. Good heavens!

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What a liberal buffoon... this overrated clown  should stick to

joke about his wired love life and his

dwindling fortunes than making a stupid remarks such as this...

Is that with his wife, wi fi or with a robot?/:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Jeremy Corbyn is speaking on one of the main stages there over the weekend.....pretty much says it all really....the organisers assume the crowd is mainly made up of labour and momentum type supporters. 

Glastonbury is not catnip for lefties especially; rather it is something positive in outlook and unashamedly contemporary, which successfully captures the imagination of young people of all persuasions and backgrounds. 

While the Young Tories is clearly a thing, laughable as it may be, I think it is fair to say that they, like their seniors, are very much out of step with the thinking of the majority of the people who are going to be the future of our country. That is why Corbyn, not May, will be welcomed at Glastonbury.

I have to say, though, that the comments from Johnny Depp were ridiculous and childish in the extreme - trying to stay relevant?

Edited by RuamRudy

Trump is the most hated President in history. Depp's comments are merely one example. Trump's death would be no loss if there weren't a plethora of worse Republicans waiting in the wings. Pence is a frightening choice but not as loathsome as Paul Ryan. Orrin Hatch is the only sane possibility. The entire Trump administration is rotting America from the inside.

I'm beginning to see why Amber Heard divorced this idiot. Kathy Griffin is more his type.

Both are now likely to have made the Secret Service watchlist for those issuing death threats against the President. There could well be repercussions. Deservedly so.

52 minutes ago, Camelot said:

I'm beginning to see why Amber Heard divorced this idiot. Kathy Griffin is more his type.

Both are now likely to have made the Secret Service watchlist for those issuing death threats against the President. There could well be repercussions. Deservedly so.

Let's get back to the real world.

Griffin didn't issue a death threat.

She did a performance piece.

You do know the difference, right?

Depp made a weird flippant comment, but do you actually believe any rational person would take as an actual death threat? 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I called him fascist. Don't go there with fake accusations.

I call him a fascist based on his support for Marine La Pen.

Thank you for clarifying. Actually, that's what I thought you meant. You knew I was only joking, shirley?

Paul Joseph Watson a fascist though? Nope, only a true fascist would think so. PJW makes a cogent case that liberals are the new fascists, inasmuch as they the ones coercing people with the actual or implied threats of violence - exactly as Depp has just done - and have been bulldozing society by political correctness with dire consequences, such as rampant immigration and the erosion of culture. PJW mainly stands for the ability to say things straight and get forthright debate out into the open without it being effectively outlawed by social justice warriors and other liberal crusaders. Of course, liberals can't stand that, so they call him a fascist.

It's quite likely he'll put up a video on Depp within a day or two. I don't agree with everything he says by any means, but he's always worth a watch - in fact, he's really the only antidote to today's cry-baby society.

28 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

Thank you for clarifying. Actually, that's what I thought you meant. You knew I was only joking, shirley?

Paul Joseph Watson a fascist though? Nope, only a true fascist would think so. PJW makes a cogent case that liberals are the new fascists, inasmuch as they the ones coercing people with the actual or implied threats of violence - exactly as Depp has just done - and have been bulldozing society by political correctness with dire consequences, such as rampant immigration and the erosion of culture. PJW mainly stands for the ability to say things straight and get forthright debate out into the open without it being effectively outlawed by social justice warriors and other liberal crusaders. Of course, liberals can't stand that, so they call him a fascist.

It's quite likely he'll put up a video on Depp within a day or two. I don't agree with everything he says by any means, but he's always worth a watch - in fact, he's really the only antidote to today's cry-baby society.

Surely, you're joking.

Who's Shirley? Is that your idea of an anti-gay slur? 
Yes I definitely think that internet dude that you admire is totally a fascist. I've seen his videos and finding that he strongly supported La Pen confirms it. Sorry, I'm allowed  to have that opinion. 

As far as the violent nature of U.S. political divisions, yes there is blame to go around on different sides, but I think the BULK of the blame goes to the insane clown president. To wit --

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Poor taste.

Yeah, it was, but bottom line Depp is not going to be on the no fly list because anyone can see he was just fooling around. Emphasis on fool. 

Also keep in mind Depp isn't running for president.

trump did and tragically won, and he's said and done much worse than Depp. 

That's who we should be worried about. The insane clown president with the nuclear codes.