How does one turn off location services on fbook

davidst01

I read an article how fbook can track where you are which is information that your friends can use to see your location. 

How does one turn this off if Im using the software on my laptop? I searched everywhere for this but cannot find 'location services'. Where do they hide this functionality?

thanks

I read an article how fbook can track where you are which is information that your friends can use to see your location. 

How does one turn this off if Im using the software on my laptop? I searched everywhere for this but cannot find 'location services'. Where do they hide this functionality?

thanks

Depends which operating system you have. Go to "settings" and search for location.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On the facebook page Go to account settings its in there called location. Turn it on or off.

No i havent got FB but the Mrs has obviously shes thai couldnr survive without it lol

Edited by jeab1980
To add

30 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

On the facebook page Go to account settings its in there called location. Turn it on or off.

No i havent got FB but the Mrs has obviously shes thai couldnr survive without it lol

Its not there under settings. I dont know why I cant find it. 

Right it seems you can only turn of location settings on the mobile app. On a computer you will have to search location privacy settings tap location tap change then off go back to FB.

Location should be off if it requests to use location press no

Edited by jeab1980

On 6/28/2017 at 10:47 AM, jeab1980 said:

Easiest way is just not use FB at all. Tried it for 20 mins once i dont want to see who has what for dinner or a blow by blow account of what people are doing minute by minute. 

is it bc you don't have any friends?

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

is it bc you don't have any friends?

Or because i like to get out and meet friends. You know the real ones with a face to a name. Where real conversations happen. And not one person says oh hang on i must post what im doing on FB. Ive got xillion followers dont you know. 

One of the very worst things to spawn from the internet.