Never Stop at an 'accident' at Night

Laab Muu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This scared the crap out of me. I would had put my foot down and ploughed right through them, but who knows when faced with that kind of situation?

Anyone know the full story?  What happened to the girls, did they survive this attack?

Edited by cyberfarang

Pretty sure it's a short movie. It has what look a lot like credits at the end, and the police would not be there that quick, and there's no reason why the camera would stop rolling but the sound continue working.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 minute ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Pretty sure it's a short movie. It has what look a lot like credits at the end, and the police would not be there that quick, and there's no reason why the camera would stop rolling but the sound continue working.

50% of me was thinking the same. It looked just like a scene from a horror movie and probably that`s exactly what it is.  Nice one OP, had me going for a moment there.

Luckily i have not seen an accident day or night yet in real life, (Clip is part of a movie cliped to fit agenda).

However i would find it really difficult not to stop and give aid if i could. 

Easy to say sod that im not stopping but i could never square that with my conscience.

I would hope if god forbid i was involved in an accident someone would stop and try to help me if required.

I once saw an accident happen right in front of me while waiting at a red light in Udon, a car clipped a motorbike in an illegal right of way move. With the women writhing on the ground in front of me, I instinctually got off my bike to lend assistance. Within seconds I was surrounded and held by a group of locals all pointing and angrily screaming at me, immediately assuming I was to blame.

I waited several anxious minutes until the woman could finally muster a response and indicate that it was not me! Thankfully she waved them off me. Before the days of CCTV,  I can imagine the mess I would have been in if she had not clearly responded.

Its a shame, as I will never stop to do the same again. Not worth it. Sadly, I'll just drive off next time.

47 minutes ago, Cisco said:

I once saw an accident happen right in front of me while waiting at a red light in Udon, a car clipped a motorbike in an illegal right of way move. With the women writhing on the ground in front of me, I instinctually got off my bike to lend assistance. Within seconds I was surrounded and held by a group of locals all pointing and angrily screaming at me, immediately assuming I was to blame.

I waited several anxious minutes until the woman could finally muster a response and indicate that it was not me! Thankfully she waved them off me. Before the days of CCTV,  I can imagine the mess I would have been in if she had not clearly responded.

Its a shame, as I will never stop to do the same again. Not worth it. Sadly, I'll just drive off next time.

I was informed years ago from a Thai friend that you never stop to assist at an accident. Even if you're not at fault but the person dies then the family will blame you for the death and demand money from you.

6 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Looked a bit phoney to me too....notice the way the guy runs after the lady who went to the motorcycle at first. It's like a bad actor pretending to run as fast as he can to catch her when in fact it's just a lot of exaggerated movements.

have seen my share of accidents here including a couple of bodies on the road, I will not stop because as others have stated if you do you are blamed, my wife tells me to keep driving. She has lossed a friend in a similar situation, someone simply fired a gun into her friends car at night to make her stop but they hit her then they stole whatever they could from the car and left her to die. The other one they do is to throw big rocks off an overpass onto cars or into its path to cause them to have an accident then steal everything from them/their bodies and whatever is in the car. My wife would never drive long distances especially in the country of a night unless I was with her and there are still certain roads she makes sure we avoid. What the video depicts does happen, people need to be aware of it.

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It's the very first post; guessing you are using Tapatalk.

No. It's someone's FB page and the video was posted more than 8 hours ago so if you want to view, you have to scroll down through loads of other similarly puerile rubbish.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

No. It's someone's FB page and the video was posted more than 8 hours ago so if you want to view, you have to scroll down through loads of other similarly puerile rubbish.

I just watched it on the first post, wasn't that interested to track it back to facebook.

9 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

This scared the crap out of me. I would had put my foot down and ploughed right through them, but who knows when faced with that kind of situation?

Anyone know the full story?  What happened to the girls, did they survive this attack?

9 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

fake

9 hours ago, JohnJay said:

Looks like a movie clip to me. This can't be real.

6 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Fake video clip and bad actresses.

3 hours ago, curtklay said:

Obviously a staged film clip, but the message is clear and should be taken seriously.

3 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Prank movie 

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Looked a bit phoney to me too....notice the way the guy runs after the lady who went to the motorcycle at first. It's like a bad actor pretending to run as fast as he can to catch her when in fact it's just a lot of exaggerated movements.

It's a government public information/warning film.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It can be viewed in the OP for most people.

I've got a "cousin-in-law" who is a Lieutenant with RTP.  He told me a long time ago, that despite my training and background, never, EVER stop to help an accident victim, no matter what, or it could end up costing me everything. 

9 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

I've got a "cousin-in-law" who is a Lieutenant with RTP.  He told me a long time ago, that despite my training and background, never, EVER stop to help an accident victim, no matter what, or it could end up costing me everything. 

This is exactly what the new staff at a certain British international school in Bkk are told during their orientation day. Sad but true.

(Probably most other int. schools as well.)

This Video is a short movie made by Chakorn Chaipreecha (Director) and perpetuates a common fear amongst the easily frightened and timid. 

Link to the Original with Credits (in Thai at the end).

OK.. So on to the Topic of 'Dont stop in an accent'...

DON'T FORGET YOUR HUMANITY !!! .... those who do become part of what is bad in the world today... 

....ALWAYS assist those in need when safe to do so... 

In Thailand it may mean that we need to be more careful of when its safe to do so, don't put family or yourself in danger, but in most cases, the benefits of rendering assistance by far outweigh the limited and paranoid risks. 

IF alone at night on a dark road, of course think twice. 

IF there is a threatening group of people, of course think twice. 

IF you have a dash-cam you can prove you are not involved. 

I witnessed an accident a few years ago. 

I saw a drunk motorcyclist riding at speed hit a sign on the central reservation and spun around in the air like a rag doll. 

We stopped, I rendered assistance. A handful of Thai's came to the scene, I asked them to turn the lights on on their phones and go back down the road to warn on coming traffic (about 5 people). I asked another to call an ambulance. 

The injured party was unconscious and breathing, the back of his head scalped. I didn't want to get blood on me, he wasn't bleeding excessively, I didn't move him and instructed others not to touch or move him. 

The ambulance & medics arrived, I got back in the car and left.

Was involved in a major construction project near the Thai border in Kelantan, Malaysia during the early 90's. The expats involved at the start of the project were given a talk by the local government transport officials. One of the points they made very clear to us was: if you have an accident on the local roads and are still able to drive, leave the scene of the accident and head for the nearest police station.

They also advised not to stop and render any assistance if we came across any accident and mentioned numerous instances of serious harm, and worse, being meted out those who only wanted to help.

If you are willing to take the risk of stopping, that is a personal choice. As for me, I prefer to take local advice on board. It is given for a reason.  

This type of crime has been happening from time to time mainly on the outskirts roads where usually a girls car or motorbike is broken down or a setup accident and when you approach and stop to help men come out and rob you.