Vaping

Hi all, 

Not sure if this is the right place to post?

I usually travel with family couple times each year for a month and bring my vape pen with me. Usually carry it on myself with 2 spare batteries and liquid in my hold luggage (batteries tapes on top and wrapped in socks and out in shoe). 

When i vape i do it very discreetly and never had a problem in the last 3 years on the trips we have had. Last year i heard they were talking about banning them, but that turned out to be import but you could bring your own for personal use. Is that still the case?

Thanks.

It's my understanding that you can bring it in, but I assume they would limit the amount of refills you could have to assure that you aren't selling it.   I have a small one and have had no problem with using it or getting through customs.  

You can be fined 5000bht for using vapes.

There are a number of reports of people being fined, but also a number of people who say they have used them and not been fined etc.

so you take your own chances. 

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

It's not legal to sell them; doesn't seem to have occurred to extend to usage. Glad you're discreet; as a non-smoker, I find the smoke from these things more intrusive than that from cigarettes.

It's not smoke, it's vapour, and they are 100% safer than smoking cigarettes. The cigarette companies have brought so much pressure to bear, that's why they are illegal in so many places. They'd rather see you die of lung cancer than take a hit on their profits.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's not smoke, it's vapour, and they are 100% safer than smoking cigarettes. The cigarette companies have brought so much pressure to bear, that's why they are illegal in so many places. They'd rather see you die of lung cancer than take a hit on their profits.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/1/14460996/e-cig-vaping-risk-heart-disease-health-jama-study

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

It's not legal to sell them; doesn't seem to have occurred to extend to usage. Glad you're discreet; as a non-smoker, I find the smoke from these things more intrusive than that from cigarettes.

Hows that, exactly ?

....the intrusive bit

Actually,  you can buy on line in Thailand.  Delivered within a couple of days.  I gave up smoking almost 2 years ago, could not have done it without the e-cig.  

Re person who mentioned that it stinks, I don't know, mine does not as confirmed by hubby who was loathe to my smoking for over 40 years.  Guess it depends on the flavour that you choose.  

Guess you can google the info of where to buy on line in Thailand.  Don't want to give out the company name here.  

I travel quite frequently in and out of Thailand, no hassle.  Where I had a hassle was in Dubai, they confiscated my 4 e-cigs and directed me to their tax-free shop to buy cartons of cigarettes!  Guess it has to do with countries not knowing how to deal with taxes on this, since it is not a tobacco product.

5 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I was sitting in a bar beer and the guy next to me starting vaping. The smoke was sickeningly sweet. What was that?

There is no smoke, only vapour. There's a big difference.

I see someone almost every day using an epen in Ubon. Some go outside to use it, some do it at the tables closest to the outside at open fronted bars and restaurants. 

Some I've seen make huge clouds of smoke (vapor) but most are unobtrusive. 

They're not allowed to be imported so they're illegal to sell because no import duty has been paid. 

I've never seen anyone hassled for using one. 

Have no clue why it had such a sick smell.  There are so many flavours of the liquid you can buy.   I have been told that the type I buy is completely odourless.  Ha, ha, I was even in hospital 2 nights after having been scratched by a feral cat and needed antibiotic fluids 24 hours a day.  Reading and puffing my e-cig under the sheets, no one ever knew. 

When I met my wife in Thailand three years ago I had no issues vaping. Even in the airport terminal when a security officer came over and my wife told him it was electric.

While we were traveling around Thailand a coupe of batteries died on me and I found a poor quality replacement in a big electric store in a shopping mall. 

From what I have read vaping has been banned in Thailand but only from what I have read. Banning real cigarettes would have been better but the tobacco companies  probably had something to do with it, if it's true.

The liquid I use is odorless.

Edited by rasg

Just now, rasg said:

When I met my wife in Thailand three years ago I had no issues vaping. Even in the airport terminal when a security officer came over and my wife told him it was electric.

While we were traveling around Thailand a coupe of batteries died on me and I found a poor quality replacement in a big electric store in a shopping mall. 

From what I have read vaping has been banned in Thailand but only from what I have read. Banning real cigarettes would have been better but the tobacco companies  probably had something to do with it, if it's true.

Watch the documentary "A Billion Lives" and you will have no doubt.

i just come in bkk suwanabhum and i has bag 5 vape mod, 2 liter basic liguid, 900ml ready to use liguid, i made diy liguid last 3 year. and battery 18650 has own box 10 pcs and no any proplem at airport . just i has orden new liguid in thailand at post and no proplem come to home all leu. but little pit i must say, i make liguid normally VG 70 pg 30 basic base. and i orden feel life liguid and has all öiguid good strong taste but has PG base liguid all, burn lips and mouth lot and not good liguid,  i want helaty and not smokin gigarette last 2 year now, has better healt and safety than smoking now. not sick newer at liguid. if come sick have liguid wrong, too lot PG base liguid make many people allergen sometime. better vape than smoke sigarette have best way stop smoking and healty way "smoke" not have all 5000 poison what normal sigarette have, e-liguid have healty becvause not have all poison and base öliguid have non poison free liguid have only vegetaple clyserol and taste and propylen glyserol, all not have healty bad or dangerous. if read amerikan document vaping have wery dangerous no believe anythink have smokin corporation payment propaganda and only lie lot. not true newer.

ewery people must understand, sishka not have vaping and have many user use drug too, vaping have drug and smoke poison free vaping system. better than no newer smoke and sishka only non smoke or vaping have healty way "smoking"

6 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I totally agree with you, I prefer the smell from a real cigarette..

Real cigarettes are absolutely disgusting. I don't like being near a smokers at all they stink so bad.

Most vaping doesn't smell at all. All a vaper exhales is water vapour. Just like anybody does as they breathe.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I suggest you try and avoid the vapour from the millions of users out there.

To be honest I much prefer the smell of a good old fashioned tobacco cigarette. Most of the vapers smell like a heavily perfumed Pakistani.