Do the laws of physics not apply to Thai girls on motorcycle taxis?

Kinnock

We've all seen them, perched effortlessly on the back of motorcycle taxis, sitting side-saddle,, messaging on her phone, one shoe hooked over her toe, a respectful gap between her and the rider.

But whenever I take a motorcycle taxi I'm hanging on tight, teetering between falling off the back, or bumping into the rider. 

I've tried relaxing, using my legs, leaning forward, but there's no way I can ride without at least one hand having a vice-like grip on the grab rail.  How do they do it?

I guess relative mass has something to do with it?  Thai girls have very little mass, and if I remember my school Physics properly, the formula for Kinetic Energy is KE=1/2 m.v, but this seems to suggest speed is more important than mass.  Perhaps their mass is more centralized, as us chaps tend to be taller, or perhaps Thai Girls don't have any mass, like a boson or something?

When you're born, suckled, carried like a bag of potatoes on one, ride standing up in the front or back, learn to ride/pilot one when you're 9-12 years old & ridden them to school with 2-3-4 on one, commuted on them to high school  = it's probably as close to 2nd nature as it possibly can get.....

But whenever I take a motorcycle taxi I'm hanging on tight, teetering between falling off the back, or bumping into the rider.

I hope you don't keep falling back and then bumping into the rider continuously many times. He might be gay and enjoy the bum bum action you are giving him.

13 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

They are able to grip the seat cover with their buttock muscles.

Or, maybe they wear velcro knickers.

Run that bit about gripping with their buttock muscles by me one more time. I would like to know more.

They are just used to it, just observe a 5 year old kid with their parents on the next bike ride. No helmets of course and everyone is so relaxed . Give them another 20 years on the bike and this is the result. If they survive that long. 

You have the formula wrong that's why it looks so strange to you. 

There is also a different formula for hot Thai girls on a moto taxi vs fat ugly ones. 

The hotter the chick the less the effects of force and gravity affect her.. the fatter the chick and the uglier affects their ability to side side saddle and they usually cozy up to the taxi driver.

search google its all there.. not sure what to put on the search though as each time I put hot Thai chick side saddle I get stuck on a website for 2 min and I am down a bunch of tissues. 

Edited by wow64

I've now amended my 'Theory of everything (to do with Thai girls)' after scribbling some equations in black marker pen on a Bangkok bus shelter.

I think this key issue is 'relative centers of gravity'.

We know that forces act on the center of gravity, and for felang men, our tendency to think too much, (for example; heavy thoughts about Brexit, visa runs, North Korea, Trump etc) results in a centre of gravity somewhere around our stiff-upper-lip.

Thai girls in contrast, tend to think about their next meal, their last meal, shoes, handbags and kittens, and these light thoughts result in a C of G around their buttocks.

It was the 'Velcro knickers' post that led to my revised theory.

So if we want to ride a motorsai like a Thai Girl, we need to follow their advice and not think too much.

Edited by Kinnock

15 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I've now amended my 'Theory of everything (to do with Thai girls)' after scribbling some equations in black marker pen on a Bangkok bus shelter.

I think this key issue is 'relative centers of gravity'.

We know that forces act on the center of gravity, and for felang men, our tendency to think too much, (for example; heavy thoughts about Brexit, visa runs, North Korea, Trump etc) results in a centre of gravity somewhere around our stiff-upper-lip.

Thai girls in contrast, tend to think about their next meal, their last meal, shoes, handbags and kittens, and these light thoughts result in a C of G around their buttocks.

It was the 'Velcro knickers' post that led to my revised theory.

So if we want to ride a motorsai like a Thai Girl, we need to follow their advice and not think too much.

And, in my case, lose 60 kilos @ 6'4" (110k)....Next to never ride on our Click = just feels too top heavy....

Edited by pgrahmm

8 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

And, in my case, lose 60 kilos @ 6'4" (110k)....Next to never ride on our Click = just feels too top heavy....

Talking about top heavy - I often see tiny Thai girls with enormous farang on the pillion seat. In slow traffic, even at traffic lights, the farang invariably keeps his feet up on the pegs and the 45kg lass has to balance the whole ensemble.

Now that really is challenging the laws of physics.

Talking about top heavy - I often see tiny Thai girls with enormous farang on the pillion seat. In slow traffic, even at traffic lights, the farang invariably keeps his feet up on the pegs and the 45kg lass has to balance the whole ensemble.

Now that really is challenging the laws of physics.

I think the massive gut keeps the bike balanced

3 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Speaking of which....I have wondered many times why all motorbike taxi drivers seem to think that all foreigners are looking for a motorbike taxi?

It is the same in Bali except it is taxi drivers who cannot fathom that anyone would actually like to walk anywhere. Every taxi slows and toots/beeps.

Anyway this has been a fun post, so thanks Kinnock.

I find it helps, to watch the road, as if you were driving,, leaning back when he's about to slow/brake, and leaning forward on take off,, also, holding onto the grab rail, "thumbs in",, pointed to each other,, makes bracing on take off easier,,, 

13 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

I find it helps, to watch the road, as if you were driving,, leaning back when he's about to slow/brake, and leaning forward on take off,, also, holding onto the grab rail, "thumbs in",, pointed to each other,, makes bracing on take off easier,,, 

There is something in what you say, regular bike riders make good passengers, as others have said thais have been doing it since 5 years old.

The real answer is Cosmic Energy:

Seconds after birth of a Thai female baby, a Cosmic Energy Ball forms in the baby hand, within 3 minutes this energy ball flattens into a ( life long ) mobile phone.  This mobile IS the center of energy for the next 60+ years. This energy is what holds a female on a motorcycle as it darts, swings and sways thru traffic via Cosmic Tethering.  Take away ( if you dare ) the mobile, her life would never be the same!  ( killed 2 birds with one stone )

Edited by edwardflory
spelling correction

And then again, most Thai girls have a lower centre of gravity than many Western lassies who's centre of gravity is situated about 1/2 a meter higher.   (Reported strictly in the strictest interests of furthering scientific investigation.)

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

There is something in what you say, regular bike riders make good passengers, as others have said thais have been doing it since 5 years old.

Yup... do as I was saying,,, leaning with the driver,,, have had many scooter taxi guys say,, "You good rider",, with a smile,, makes their job easier,,, 

The title of this thread caught my recurring amazement and questions exactly.  Maybe this is why many have flat backs on their heads.  If they Try the uncatchable fall backwards once and your dead or learn I imagine.   I must admit it looks so classy.  I should add that skill to my scoring spreadsheet!  Minor importance I admit but me thinks worthy of an Excel row. 

2 hours ago, thaiowl said:

Notice that these girls have the ubiquitous "branding" where their lower leg has touched the exhaust pipe of the motor cycle.

Thanks OP for starting this post.  I have observed this confident, side saddle style to and always wondered. And it even had some good commntesh

3 hours ago, thaiowl said:

Notice that these girls have the ubiquitous "branding" where their lower leg has touched the exhaust pipe of the motor cycle.

Maybe they grip the bike like a horse rider grips the horse..., but with legs dangling out of the stirrups, sorry stands. Think about those muscles! 

On 6/30/2017 at 3:20 PM, pgrahmm said:

When you're born, suckled, carried like a bag of potatoes on one, ride standing up in the front or back, learn to ride/pilot one when you're 9-12 years old & ridden them to school with 2-3-4 on one, commuted on them to high school  = it's probably as close to 2nd nature as it possibly can get.....

YEA----Good one !!!!!