Hand grass seeder

Hi,

Looking to buy a hand grass seed spreader.  

Have tried searching internet, only get offers from China, or countries which do not post to Thailand. Prefer to buy here in thailand, if available.

Need to seed 3 Rai of land with grass seed. Yes, I am aware can do this by hand, however its a hit and miss job. We just seeded a small area, by hand, even raked it in. However patchy and not what we were hoping for.

Hence the need to buy a hand operated seeder. Appreciate if anyone knows where to buy in THAILAND.

Thanks

3 rie ,you could get someone in with a tractor and drill , but  you would need plates in the drill  for grass   seed ,you might be able to use  ,a plate from something  like  mungbean seed still maybe a bit big ,the seed rate would be high ,you could mix some  dry sand  with the grass seed ,would make the seed go a bit further.

Then  Thai seed drills  are  mainly for maize  ,with a 30 inch spacing, to wide for grass seed ,you would have to drill a row , then go down the  middle of the rows again, giving you a narrower row spacing needed for grass  seed ,seen that done over here, works well to wide a row spacing ,and the growing weeds could chock  out the  growing grass seed

Or drill the  seed one way , then  cross the field again ,seen that don in the uk  works well .

The above may be a headake ,but i have never seen a hand seeder over here .

A ps, something I have been thinking about  for a while now  ,a  Thai drill  with  discs  ,and direct drill the seed in , it would act  like  a slot seeder ,for grass seed (Google slot seeder for grass  seed ).

Have you verified you can get the seed? I've only ever seen turf (sod) for sale.

Our 1.5 Rai "lawn" was "planted" by simply cutting what grew naturally, the good bit was an experiment by Wifey, she simply pulled out anything she didn't like the look of.

EDIT Just for an example of what you can do for zero cost, this is our "good" lawn, not a bowling green but fine for croquet when it's been cut :smile:

Image00001.jpg

Hi,

Thanks to all the above comments and suggestions, Very helpful and much appreciated. 

Bought one of the blower machines. Hopefully it will work with the 3 rai of grass seed we intend to sow. It will spread fertiliser and liquid, so not the end of the world if it do not work with the grass seed.

With regards to the seed. This is grass for cattle feed (Mombasa and Mulato II) we have already bought the seed from Ubon Ratchathani university.

Regards.

• 3 months later...
3 rie ,you could get someone in with a tractor and drill , but  you would need plates in the drill  for grass   seed ,you might be able to use  ,a plate from something  like  mungbean seed still maybe a bit big ,the seed rate would be high ,you could mix some  dry sand  with the grass seed ,would make the seed go a bit further.
Then  Thai seed drills  are  mainly for maize  ,with a 30 inch spacing, to wide for grass seed ,you would have to drill a row , then go down the  middle of the rows again, giving you a narrower row spacing needed for grass  seed ,seen that done over here, works well to wide a row spacing ,and the growing weeds could chock  out the  growing grass seed
Or drill the  seed one way , then  cross the field again ,seen that don in the uk  works well .
The above may be a headake ,but i have never seen a hand seeder over here .
A ps, something I have been thinking about  for a while now  ,a  Thai drill  with  discs  ,and direct drill the seed in , it would act  like  a slot seeder ,for grass seed (Google slot seeder for grass  seed ).

Are there seeders available i thai for rice? 1 u put on the rear of the tractor where the disc comes of,so controlled by the hydrolics.
Any ideas
Cheers thanks

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app