Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

snoop1130

Just now, ujayujay said:

Nonsense....this Dog was sitting on the Street not running out onto. Idiot Driver was too fast on this small Lane... the Victim could be a Child also......  

The driver hit the dog deliberately...

Dogs lying in the road are easy to avoid - this sick scumbag wanted to kill the dog.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

big door, small hole

won't work

It functions as an exit which is all that matters. The fact that this exit does not close properly might be an advantage. Example, if said exit door were located close to this forum.

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The driver hit the dog deliberately...

Dogs lying in the road are easy to avoid - this sick scumbag wanted to kill the dog.

Apparently some Farangs have difficulty spotting these obstructions become aggressive and extremely negative. Possibly due to age and poor eyesight.

I understand their anger, but in the same week Thai people were killed by silly and thoughtless road accidents.

I love dogs to, but doesn't a human being also deserve sympathy?

Foolish and careless drivers kill innocent people every day on Thai roads.

Let us deal with  that problem first.

16 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I understand their anger, but in the same week Thai people were killed by silly and thoughtless road accidents.

Let us deal with that problem first.

Us? That's the problem with these expat forums isn't it. Too much we own the place.

39 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Nonsense....this Dog was sitting on the Street not running out onto. Idiot Driver was too fast on this small Lane... the Victim could be a Child also......  

As I said, uncontrolled dogs on the soi are a real problem.  Please spare me the what-ifs.

Interesting:

Dog gets run over by a truck and Thais are outraged, nothing happens when dogs are run over by vehicles.  

Dog bites child, child's father kills dog, Thais are outraged, man goes to jail.  

Lessons learned.  If you want to get rid of a dog, run it over.  Yeah, people may be upset, but you don't go to jail.

47 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

silly comment

most children do not have 1 blue and 1 brown eye

40 minutes ago, maxpower said:

It functions as an exit which is all that matters. The fact that this exit does not close properly might be an advantage. Example, if said exit door were located close to this forum.

I like the white light though.

Heard about it before.

37 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Apparently some Farangs have difficulty spotting these obstructions become aggressive and extremely negative. Possibly due to age and poor eyesight.

...or having been attacked by dogs before.

I think those who have commented that there are too many dogs, strays or unleashed,  are missing the point.

1 - Thais claim to be Buddhist, which I believe involves having respect for life.

2 - The pickup deliberately drove over the dog.

3 - No-one, no-one at all, made the slightest move to help or comfort the dog. They just stood there, and the only surprise was that no-one whipped out their phone to record it.

Sometimes I really hate Thai people. I simply can't imagine the same happening in my native UK. What they (weren't) doing is sub-human. I can see no redeeming feature at all with this bunch of uncaring zombies. And I place anyone who writes that the dog deserved to die a painful death in the same bag.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

36 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Let us deal with  that problem first.

Why deal with one problem first?

Why not get rid of both problems simultaneausly?

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

And yet you seem to have somehow survived - unlike this poor dog, who was maliciously and deliberately killed.

yeah - I got lucky - must be the amulets I carry

If the dog did not carry ammulets, well.... blame him (or it's owner).

59 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Attention poster - High level of bottom feeders here. You cannot make sensible comments in this thread.

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think those who have commented that there are too many dogs, strays or unleashed,  are missing the point.

1 - Thais claim to be Buddhist, which I believe involves having respect for life.

3 - No-one, no-one at all, made the slightest move to help or comfort the dog. They just stood there, and the only surprise was that no-one whipped out their phone to record it.

Sometimes I really hate Thai people. What they (weren't) doing is sub-human. I can see no redeeming feature at all with this bunch of uncaring zombies. And I place anyone who writes that the dog deserved to die a painful death in the same bag.

Yes.

But only for cute life.

And only when they feel like it.

Just now, maxpower said:

Attention poster - High level of bottom feeders here. You cannot make sensible comments in this thread.

QUOTE: You cannot make sensible comments in this thread.

I sincerely doubt that you can make sensible comments in any thread.

Tell us about your respect for non-cute life, such as mosquitos, centipedes, leather shoes, steak etc.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sometimes I really hate Thai people. What they (weren't) doing is sub-human. I can see no redeeming feature at all with this bunch of uncaring zombies. And I place anyone who writes that the dog deserved to die a painful death in the same bag.

A few years ago my secretary saw her Labrador run over and she sat on the street with him as he died in the middle of the road, and all the while cars just drove around her. So I suggest add UK people to your hate list along with the rest of humanity. 

1 hour ago, dexjnr555 said:

Lots of heartless (unsurprisingly) creatures on these boards. How would YOU feel if I sat you down on the road and then mowed you down with a pick-up. Yeah, didn't think so. Poor dog, beautiful Husky, RIP.

You won't sit me down on the road.

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

Dogs & Thais are a bad combination. Nothing ever good happens when you combine the two.

And what's with the infatuation for Huskeys? I couldn't think of a more inappropriate breed for Thai to 'own'? 

in all my days of owning dogs,i thought the finest pets were greyhounds[ex racers] but we got our husky when at only 1yr.old he was at deaths door,through lack of understanding how to care for him.never have i seen such an example of not or dont care one iota for a living creature.lucky for him we saved his life,the vet scored him 7,and he said 8 would have been too late.

these do need looking after so when i see them treated badly it saddens me a great deal.

i think the infatuation with owning one stems from the publicity that the love cafe in bkk got,who has 25 who are allowed to mix with customers.

but when health problems start thats when they are left to fend for their selves.

10 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

A few years ago my secretary saw her Labrador run over and she sat on the street with him as he died in the middle of the road, and all the while cars just drove around her. So I suggest add UK people to your hate list along with the rest of humanity. 

was that DELIBERATE.

Just now, meatboy said:

was that DELIBERATE.

Certainly not, but if you read the tread, the reply was towards a poster criticising Thai apathy to the stricken dog.  The point I hope I made was that UK people were no different, in this experience.

15 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Certainly not, but if you read the tread, the reply was towards a poster criticising Thai apathy to the stricken dog.  The point I hope I made was that UK people were no different, in this experience.

read your post,at least the owner sat with her dog in her arms while he died, this owner and those who witnessed the poor defensless animal in agony on the road couldnt care a <deleted>.

31 minutes ago, meatboy said:

in all my days of owning dogs,i thought the finest pets were greyhounds[ex racers] but we got our husky when at only 1yr.old he was at deaths door,through lack of understanding how to care for him.never have i seen such an example of not or dont care one iota for a living creature.lucky for him we saved his life,the vet scored him 7,and he said 8 would have been too late.

these do need looking after so when i see them treated badly it saddens me a great deal.

i think the infatuation with owning one stems from the publicity that the love cafe in bkk got,who has 25 who are allowed to mix with customers.

but when health problems start thats when they are left to fend for their selves.

Good job on saving your Huskey. They are an amazing breed for someone serious about dog ownership....and that basically rules out 90% of Thai....

Similar situation here. My girlfriend and I have two dogs, one small breed which was left to rot away, completely eaten away by lice, maggots and ticks. She has blood parasites as a result and nearly permanent bladder infections. It took one year for her skin and fur to repair itself. Kidney stones as well as a result of eating food inappropriate for dogs. The owner stopped caring for her after a few years, basically only feeding her, so she ballooned to 5kg. The owner and his daughter refused to invest any money into her wellbeing, but picking her up from their house while they were away we did notice a Range Rover and Harley Davidson motorcycle in the driveway. The massive vet bills were for us to pay....you know what they say, life is all about priorities.....

Our other dog was abandoned by her owner when she was still a pup. Caught her walking around the neighbourhood, in distress with absolute blind panic in her eyes. She has separation anxiety as a result and cannot be left alone for longer than 1 hour. Think about the logistics involved with that situation...

You seldomly see a healthy, happy, well-cared for dog in Thailand and it really pisses me off.

Edited by Bassosa

yep we do love him dearly,both of us have devoted our lives to looking after him,after over 30yrs.together he is all we have.
i got to admit i do give HIM many kisses EVERY DAY.
meatboy love me love my dog.

Wow a 30 year old dog...you should call Guinness Book of records.