Pregnant In Thailand To A Thai/ Where to have baby? Australia or Thailand??

Hi,

I have few questions i need help with.

Im currently pregnant with a thai, and I am unsure on whether im best to have baby in Thailand or Australia?

We have decided that in future we are moving to Australia for my childs schooling ect but the hospitals here are supposbly better when giving birth?

Is it easy to get an australian citizenship if my child ia born in thailand ?

What if my child was born in Australia would it be hard getting a Thai Citizenship?

And am i correct its better for my child to grow up with schooling ect in Australia?

Im only 21 and i have great concern on whats better and whats not and thought this would be the best place to ask.

Thankyou [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, I agree with two former posters.  Save yourself a lot of worry.  Things often don't go to plan in Thailand.  I have had disasterous treatment at Bumrungrad Hospital.  The doctor made an error which caused me complications, but when I formally raised the matter and presented evidence, the doctor lied about the events which took place.

• Like 2

Also recommend ascertain if doctors can advise if cesarean may be required, if so do not have baby in Thailand as really bad scarring is an outcome, even in private hospital - you can see by asking some Thai women to show the results.

Do you have a Thai registered official marriage? Remember women's rights in Thailand are very minimal to non existent if in a de-facto relationship. Your husband / boy friend does not have automatic right of residency in Australia - current cost for visa for residency is about AUD7k and takes roughly 9-12 months to process. If you both decide to relocate to Australia, your partner must be able to obtain work as he will not have access to government welfare, except for Medicare, for a minimum of two years.

Edited by simple1