webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Where would be the profit for the Thais if they just sent them back?

Money number one.

In days past the fine might have been 20,000 but the negotiator's fee ( avoid jail, reduce fine, smooth things over, etc), would have been another 20,000 or more, cash under the table. Maybe it still happens, even today.

10 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Two people caught smoking on an Airplane?

Why is this even NEWS!!!!!!!

It's not really.

But then as "a bear of very little brain" I find it reassuring (and amusing) to hear that there are people even more intellectually challenged than me...

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

They weren't Russian. 

Also the stench from e-cigarettes is just as bad for  those of us who do not smoke. 

If you can't hold out for the length of a flight, don't fly.

The rules are quite clear and when you pay for a ticket, you agree to them. 

The "stench" from e-cigarettes is whatever flavour u have....mostly fruit flavors that smell very good and even if it would have a tobacco taste there is nothing that u could compare to smoke!

I always use them inflight and never anyone even suspected anything....and i go to the freakin toilet like every 45 minutes 555

I also use them in the cinema and never ever was there anybody smelling anything....

point is...u dont know what u talkin about and e-cigarettes should be allowed on long haul flights.

17 minutes ago, nikotin said:

The "stench" from e-cigarettes is whatever flavour u have....mostly fruit flavors that smell very good and even if it would have a tobacco taste there is nothing that u could compare to smoke!

I always use them inflight and never anyone even suspected anything....and i go to the freakin toilet like every 45 minutes 555

I also use them in the cinema and never ever was there anybody smelling anything....

point is...u dont know what u talkin about and e-cigarettes should be allowed on long haul flights.

Wrong. 

They stink. 

You use one near me, where you shouldn't and I will complain. 

Loudly. 

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

These Russian "types" Discovered they can't 

do whatever they please....should have been 

B 200,000

These aren't Russian "types", they're Russian. Part of the many who were moved into Estonia to occupy the country but who stayed afterwards as Russia pulled out after Glasnost and then became Estonian citizens because they like living in Estonia better than Russia. But they are not Estonian, which is a distinctly different Ethnic group with a completely different language.

5 hours ago, buick said:

it would be nice if the fine money was paid to the people nearest the toilet, who had to smell the smoke during the flight.  

Totally agreed to what you said buick. If they made that a law I would be always choose seat next to the toilet, just hoping some money will come my way.

10 minutes ago, madusa said:

Totally agreed to what you said buick. If they made that a law I would be always choose seat next to the toilet, just hoping some money will come my way.

The odors coming your way on a long flight might change your mind after the 1st try,

11 minutes ago, madusa said:

Being resourceful I will pack those odors in special containers and sell them to the Arabs. I say to the Arabs, "these are special dry perfum, never try them before? Try one, here take one only 5 euros." On the package you see "Specially packed for Arab market"

They will love it .

Well, if they bought what Trump was selling last month, I guess anything is possible

8 hours ago, buick said:

it would be nice if the fine money was paid to the people nearest the toilet, who had to smell the smoke during the flight.  

Especially if they were smokers themselves but let's face it the smell of smoking is far better than the stench of about 150 people's turds

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Wrong. 

They stink. 

You use one near me, where you shouldn't and I will complain. 

Loudly. 

Wrong.

They dont stink.

I use one near u,where i shouldnt and u can complain.

Loudly if u want.

5 hours ago, JCauto said:

These aren't Russian "types", they're Russian. Part of the many who were moved into Estonia to occupy the country but who stayed afterwards as Russia pulled out after Glasnost and then became Estonian citizens because they like living in Estonia better than Russia. But they are not Estonian, which is a distinctly different Ethnic group with a completely different language.

Many of the Russians that stayed married Estonia women...i.e.  "Russian types".

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Flight attendants reportedly told police at Suvarnabhumi international airport that the two brother and sister, Alexandr Nikforovx and Mrs Svetlana Galkinax, defied their warnings not to smoke in the plane and allegedly smoked five times in the toilet.

Ans no one attempted to restrain them???

Wonder what would have happened had they been flying United??? probably been asked made to leaver the plane at 40,000' :biggrin:

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

Come on. Don't be silly. It would be impossible to light a cigarette while strapped to the wing of a jet.

not if u dangled it behind the engine exhaust and didnt mind losing an arm or two

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Let them smoke outside, problem solved.

Now that's just mean!

Mind you, we Canadians have to go outside to smoke in -40C. A few of us might give it a go... They are Northern people too, so might also give it a try.

A canister of oxygen/with mask, a parka, a means of tethering to the aircraft...

The combination of oxygen and smoking adding that frisson of fear. And no, a Bic is not going to work. So I guess you would use a vaporizer. Hey, that solves the oxygen/flame problem...

But if it were me, after going to all that trouble, I would have 2 vaporizers. One would have the "special" Stuff.

7 hours ago, JCauto said:

Apparently..... 70% of Estonians are ethnic Estonians... . 25% of Estonians are of Russian ethnic origins ( but that's wiki for you)

so.... high chance they were Estonian types vs Russian types... .. so.... maybe Germanic types might be appropriate, as the area ,historically, had a huge German (crusades and development) influence in an area surrounded by Vikings.

anyway.... once charged, they cannot be recharged in Estonia, and as 20,000 baht is damn cheap, these two can consider themselves very lucky (with  fines up to 5000 for smoking, plus up to 25000 for causing a disturbance on a plane....a million baht up for grabs there)

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Now that's just mean!

Mind you, we Canadians have to go outside to smoke in -40C. A few of us might give it a go... They are Northern people too, so might also give it a try.

A canister of oxygen/with mask, a parka, a means of tethering to the aircraft...

The combination of oxygen and smoking adding that frisson of fear. And no, a Bic is not going to work. So I guess you would use a vaporizer. Hey, that solves the oxygen/flame problem...

But if it were me, after going to all that trouble, I would have 2 vaporizers. One would have the "special" Stuff.

Yorkshire Airways have solved the problem by fitting outside toilets to all their aircraft. But be careful if flying with them, their aircraft never leave Yorkshire, because if it's outside Yorkshire, it's not worth going to.

download (4).jpg

Yorkshire Airways have solved the problem by fitting outside toilets to all their aircraft. But be careful if flying with them, their aircraft never leave Yorkshire, because if it's outside Yorkshire, it's not worth going to.596387249da7c_download(4).jpg.8841d7e93586b7cc5065a2f4dc21e97d.jpg

And for those who have never had the pleasure of flying Yorkshire Airways here is something to Wet ( or whet ) your whistle !!

Apologies for the low definition but expense WAS spared in making this video !!

They are from Yorkshire after all !