Koh Tao Death: Police Say Final Frame Shows Tourist Buying Ticket Off Island

webfact

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

Good point,  what did the staff at The Poseidon Resort have to say about her?

No news  about that  at all.

But I venture things are not bizarre if her mental state was in turmoil. She got off the ferry leaving her main luggage on to go to Chumpon. She changed her surname herself, she refused to give her passport number. These suggest the actions of someone either displaying the symptoms of paranoia or someone in a panic to escape someone.

Then there is the fire.

She changed her surname herself

Did she?

she refused to give her passport number

Did she?

These suggest the actions of someone either displaying the symptoms of paranoia or someone in a panic to escape someone.

Only if you can provide proof of the above two points.

Then there is the fire.

Yes, there is. Is there any cctv or imdependant witness evidence of her being on the other side of the island after the fire (as in: other farangs interacting with her), other than that still image of a stocky-looking person (which isn't her) which was released by the island's hillybilly Deliverance police?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Khun Han said:

She changed her surname herself

Did she?

she refused to give her passport number

Did she?

These suggest the actions of someone either displaying the symptoms of paranoia or someone in a panic to escape someone.

Only if you can provide proof of the above two points.

Then there is the fire.

Yes, there is. Is there any cctv or imdependant witness evidence of her being on the other side of the island after the fire (as in: other farangs interacting with her), other than that still image of a stocky-looking person (which isn't her) which was released by the island's hillybilly Deliverance police?

So you don't think the handwriting of her rewritten surname is her own?

You don't believe the words of the staff at the bungalow or the reporter?

Up to you.

I wonder why no farangs have come forward to say anything about her at Poseidon Resort. As far as I know there have been no reports from either the staff or people staying at the resort at the time about her movements in the last days of her life. One would think with all this worldwide bad publicity as some people like to point out, someone staying at the resort would have come forward with some information. But up to now, nothing.

Maybe she did just wander off into the jungle....

Elise's signature.jpg

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

So you don't think the handwriting of her rewritten surname is her own?

You don't believe the words of the staff at the bungalow or the reporter?

Up to you.

I wonder why no farangs have come forward to say anything about her at Poseidon Resort. As far as I know there have been no reports from either the staff or people staying at the resort at the time about her movements in the last days of her life. One would think with all this worldwide bad publicity as some people like to point out, someone staying at the resort would have come forward with some information. But up to now, nothing.

Maybe she did just wander off into the jungle....

Elise's signature.jpg

What 'reporter'? All the reports I've seen are reports of what the police said &, I'll say it again, they have zero credibility.

Who knows whether Elise or someone else wrote her details in the register - there's been no handwriting check of her handwriting elsewhere.

That no one has come forward is not an argument that nothing happened. The locals know that keeping quiet is good for their health and any tourist that knows about Koh Tao's reputation knows that too.

It is standard practice for the BIB not to investigate suspicious 'suicides' too closely - there's no money involved, except for 'look the other way' bribes sometimes -  and given their history on Koh Tao the latter seems par for the course.

Just now, khunken said:

What 'reporter'? All the reports I've seen are reports of what the police said &, I'll say it again, they have zero credibility.

Who knows whether Elise or someone else wrote her details in the register - there's been no handwriting check of her handwriting elsewhere.

That no one has come forward is not an argument that nothing happened. The locals know that keeping quiet is good for their health and any tourist that knows about Koh Tao's reputation knows that too.

It is standard practice for the BIB not to investigate suspicious 'suicides' too closely - there's no money involved, except for 'look the other way' bribes sometimes -  and given their history on Koh Tao the latter seems par for the course.

Do you think tourists know about Koh Tao's reputation? If so and they still go there, then they can't seem to fear the 'mafia'.

If they don't know about its reputation, then they can't be afraid to come forward, especially if they are back in their home country and they saw something suspicious.

But so far, zilch.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Not a murder in my opinion, she was clearly mentally ill as already been confirmed when she tried to kill herself a few weeks earlier.

I think you'll find that the story about Elise's earlier 'suicide attempt' has changed to her having a funny turn whilst standing too close to the edge of the train platform.

13 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I think you'll find that the story about Elise's earlier 'suicide attempt' has changed to her having a funny turn whilst standing too close to the edge of the train platform.

Her 'funny turn' of standing too near the tracks was deemed serious enough to warrant a 4 day stay in a psychiatric hospital.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Her 'funny turn' of standing too near the tracks was deemed serious enough to warrant a 4 day stay in a psychiatric hospital.

Which was eventually diagnosed as disorientation caused by heat exhaustion/dehydration.

12 hours ago, bannork said:

Do you think tourists know about Koh Tao's reputation? If so and they still go there, then they can't seem to fear the 'mafia'.

If they don't know about its reputation, then they can't be afraid to come forward, especially if they are back in their home country and they saw something suspicious.

But so far, zilch.

Not quite zilch:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/koh-tao-thailand-dark-side-car-crash-murders-mafia-suspicious-deaths-a7824171.html

1 hour ago, balo said:

A British tabloid , is this the best you can come up with ? 

You're getting desperate. The article contains direct quotes from Elise's mum which address the points about the train station incident which bannork was questioning.

59 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

You're getting desperate. The article contains direct quotes from Elise's mum which address the points about the train station incident which bannork was questioning.

"She was found by the police at the railway station? She seems confused, they said she tried to cross the rails but she told the embassy she just was too close to the rails.  "She was suffering from dehydration and confusion that day and taken to hospital.

Ahhh, that clears that up....sounds like perfectly normal scenario/behaviour.

5 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

"She was found by the police at the railway station? She seems confused, they said she tried to cross the rails but she told the embassy she just was too close to the rails.  "She was suffering from dehydration and confusion that day and taken to hospital.

Ahhh, that clears that up....sounds like perfectly normal scenario/behaviour.

Sounds like a perfectly normal 'wobble', Sweet. One which the RTP badly misinterpreted, and which the psychiatric unit where the police took Elise quickly made the right interpretation after a short observation, and released Elise.

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Mum, who wasn't even in Thailand, doesn't explain why her daughter went to a psychiatric hospital for 4 days rather than Hua Chiew hospital which is very near Hualampong.

But yes, April is very hot, and dehydration, sunstroke  and disorientation, is possible,  even in a city with buildings to shelter in from the heat if one wanders around outside for hours, oblivious to the heat.

But Elise  had been in Asia for a year and a half- she shouldn't be getting dehydrated in the middle of Bangkok. It's possible  that is the story she told her Mum.

What makes me really wonder about Elise's state of mind is her decision to abandon her luggage and get off the boat at Koh Tao.That just doesn't make sense. She had been travelling for 18 months i believe, one report said she had 3 suitcases. There must have been souvenirs and stuff from her travels that she really wanted to take home and yet she just abandoned the luggage. Perhaps the bags were just full of old clothes but that decision to forget the luggage makes me wonder what was going through her head.

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Sounds like a perfectly normal 'wobble', Sweet. One which the RTP badly misinterpreted, and which the psychiatric unit where the police took Elise quickly made the right interpretation after a short observation, and released Elise.

4 days- a very quick release.

8 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I'm glad there was mention about the image. I had looked at it many times. The build and shoulders look like a male body. He's obviously wearing jeans, I don't know what to make of the see through skirt, but I'm sure that's a man. 

4 hours ago, bannork said:

Mum, who wasn't even in Thailand, doesn't explain why her daughter went to a psychiatric hospital for 4 days rather than Hua Chiew hospital which is very near Hualampong.

But yes, April is very hot, and dehydration, sunstroke  and disorientation, is possible,  even in a city with buildings to shelter in from the heat if one wanders around outside for hours, oblivious to the heat.

But Elise  had been in Asia for a year and a half- she shouldn't be getting dehydrated in the middle of Bangkok. It's possible  that is the story she told her Mum.

What makes me really wonder about Elise's state of mind is her decision to abandon her luggage and get off the boat at Koh Tao.That just doesn't make sense. She had been travelling for 18 months i believe, one report said she had 3 suitcases. There must have been souvenirs and stuff from her travels that she really wanted to take home and yet she just abandoned the luggage. Perhaps the bags were just full of old clothes but that decision to forget the luggage makes me wonder what was going through her head.

I understand the mother spoke to the treating physician

5 hours ago, bannork said:

4 days- a very quick release.

For a psychiatric patient who has just allegedly tried to jump in front of a train, yes, it's ridiculously quick. Which indicates that Elise was assessed as not being suicidal.

5 hours ago, bannork said:

Your comments on dehydration are complete nonsense. Acclimatisation does not prevent an individual from becoming dehydrated. Dehydration is caused by a lack of water and can be contributed to by a number of factors

58 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Your comments on dehydration are complete nonsense. Acclimatisation does not prevent an individual from becoming dehydrated. Dehydration is caused by a lack of water and can be contributed to by a number of factors

A lack of water in central Bangkok? It doesn't make sense.