Who are those uneducated scumbags who walk into people's houses with shoes on?

Topah

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Remind me not to invite you into my house.

I didn't know I was on your list.........cheeky-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif.68aeb60cfc758997251a49a316f51b2d.gif

Whilst you are here, can you answer this. I have been in LOS many years, at first I went along with all the cultural stuff until I had had I think 6 Verrucas, one I ended up on the operating table. In my long life I never had one. So did a bit of reading on the causes (google), after reading l changed my attitude to shoes off with bear feet...Not had one since. Have a read up...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Antonymous said:

It happened to me. I was quite amazed to see what was extracted during the surgery. According to the podiatrist who did the surgery it is all too common in Thailand and he had recently done surgery on a Thai lady whose foot was so badly infected that it almost required amputation and he had to send her to hospital. In that case it was a long human hair. The hair digs into the soft flesh if stepped on at the right angle and if not noticed immediately can get sucked in. ask a podiatrist in Thailand if you can't find this phenomenon mentioned on Google.

For anyone still reading this be warned. Always wear footwear in the house. You can leave your muddy shoes at the door and then wear house shoes. My earlier post pointed out that in some commercial premises 'house shoes' are not available and in those cases I will wear my shoes regardless.

ill take my chances.

46 minutes ago, transam said:

I didn't know I was on your list.........cheeky-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif.68aeb60cfc758997251a49a316f51b2d.gif

Whilst you are here, can you answer this. I have been in LOS many years, at first I went along with all the cultural stuff until I had had I think 6 Verrucas, one I ended up on the operating table. In my long life I never had one. So did a bit of reading on the causes (google), after reading l changed my attitude to shoes off with bear feet...Not had one since. Have a read up...

So now your problem is with "bear" feet. You'll be the center of attention at the next party. Transam the dancing bear, with feet to match. :wink:

1 hour ago, transam said:

Never seen a verruca out here, not even on a bear. I'm definitely going to read up.

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Never seen a verruca out here, not even on a bear. I'm definitely going to read up.

The local hozzy has a Laser gun to take them out....I have cut them out myself but the biggy required an op and stitches....:sad:

Think folk maybe surprised how you get them....

6 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I'm sorry that you didn't comprehend the difference between a physical condition like having no feet (the example you gave) and a temporary physical condition caused by a foreign body entering the skin as a result of walking barefoot in a Thai house, as I wrote in an earlier post and explained at greater length subsequently. You responded aggressively and personally as a result of your miscomprehension and now continue to be hostile in your latest by calling this 'nonsense' and further telling me that I am undecided, etc.

My story has been clear and consistent since my first post in this thread.

I hope that the information I have shared is both relevant and helpful to other people at least.

I am intrigued to know how you could possibly know, that this offensive hair that you claim got under your skin,

was picked up from someones floor and was not already in your foot ware when you put it on?? I know my wife's

hair gets everywhere in our place. I think the hair in shoe is much more likely as stepping on a hair on the floor,

lifting your foot generally would dislodge any hair or foreign body from the foot, but if you have your foot in a shoe

or sandal or slipper with a hair in it it will be pressing the hair into your skin the whole time you are walking, a much

more likely scenario IMO.

So it may be that keeping your shoes on might have caused your grief?? 

11 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Not necessarily. That would depend on the state of the feet and the overall health of anyone padding around the house barefooted. Including any animals. Not to mention the cleanliness of the floors themselves.

And the solution is...

Leave your outdoor shoes outside the door and change into house shoes inside.

Round about where I live there are numerous shophouses that have commercial activities downstairs/front of house and living areas upstairs/back. Most have a sensible approach of shoes on in the commercial area, but a few, including a vet and hairdresser and a couple of convenience stores have a shoes off policy that I find ridiculous. They do not provide any alternative 'house shoes'. These are in the minority though.

Just like you I used to be unable to understand some smart things.

Then I improved.

It could happen to you, don't worry.

Interesting read on some answers.  In Asia is a definite courtesy, and cultural thing.  I lived in Canada and the States.  To say only the low levels take their shoes off I find odd.  The people I know use common sense.  There often is a mud room to take your shoes off.  During breakup your footwear is wet and muddy.  To walk on someones rugs when your footwear is wet and muddy is an insult, and should be told to go to the barn and talk to those that know better.

I feel bad now about having my shoe rack inside the front door.  Sometimes I don't take my shoes off till after I've wheeled my bike over to the balcony - I feel like such a barbarian.

at least I try to pretend like I'm not a judgemental <deleted>, though I appreciate that I'm kidding no-one but myself.  We all have to pretend we have some virtue, Or at least a vice that we lack

On 7/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ace of Pop said:

So it would be fun if the Guests left them outside Hotels.Same thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In my condo, I don't take my shoes off till I get inside my apartment.  In hotels, I don't take my shoes off till I get to my room.  

Archived