Farmers Plant Rice In Middle Of Flooded Road As Protest

webfact

Farmers Plant Rice In Middle Of Flooded Road As Protest (Photos)

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%997-696x392.jpg  

Residents of Loeng Nok Tha district, Yasothon province, plant rice in the middle of a muddy road Thursday to protest local government’s inaction in fixing the road.

YASOTHON — Residents of a province in Isaan woke up early Thursday morning to protest local government’s inaction in fixing a muddy road – by farming in the middle of it.

Fed up with the muddy and waterlogged main road, residents of Loeng Nok Tha district on Thursday took to planting rice in the middle of the lanes to protest the local government’s lack of action.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/07/13/farmers-plant-rice-middle-flooded-road-protest-photos/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-13

Hope they did not spend much money on building that road,but most likely did,it's only Laterite ,

so once it rains it turns into red mud. no wonder they are complaining.

regards worgeordie

Naaa Fighter jets , submarines and other military hardware is more important...:sleepy:

A true patriot.
Bravo.
Of course the poor, famished, peasants should sacrifice their infrastructure for the good of the armed forces.

Just think when that rice has been harvested the low society folk can make loa cow out of it.

Chin up citizens of the elite. Servants of the state. Herr leader is proud of you.

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its the local government that is responsible.. you know those headmen that make them vote PTP.. and skim all the money. So can't blame the central government here. If you read carefully you will read local government. I did not know these guys bought tanks too.

Perhaps you can post your evidence to back up your claim, the headmans name, who was forced to vote for PTP, how much money was skimmed. Otherwise your post is no more accurate than your exagerated imagination or rhetoric.

1 minute ago, Reigntax said:

Perhaps you can post your evidence to back up your claim, the headmans name, who was forced to vote for PTP, how much money was skimmed. Otherwise your post is no more accurate than your exagerated imagination or rhetoric.

Oh dear you ask me to prove that headmen skim money... are you serious ?

You also ask me for proof that headmen in the north make their voters toe the line or lose monetary support from higher up.

Guess you have no idea how it works in Thailand.  Next you ask me to prove that cops take bribes. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh dear you ask me to prove that headmen skim money... are you serious ?

You also ask me for proof that headmen in the north make their voters toe the line or lose monetary support from higher up.

Guess you have no idea how it works in Thailand.  Next you ask me to prove that cops take bribes. 

No I  asked you for the name of the headman, how much was skimmed to cause the situation that existed in the OP and to back up your claim.

I know exactly how most of Thailand works, from all political sides and government emloyees. You obviously have more information than the author of the article to share with us, so here is your opportunity.

No, I never asked you to prove that cops do or dont take bribes. I fail to see how you would conclude from my post that such may be required except as an attempt to bring another irrelavent issue into the topic to avoid answering fairly simple questions.

26 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

No I  asked you for the name of the headman, how much was skimmed to cause the situation that existed in the OP and to back up your claim.

I know exactly how most of Thailand works, from all political sides and government emloyees. You obviously have more information than the author of the article to share with us, so here is your opportunity.

No, I never asked you to prove that cops do or dont take bribes. I fail to see how you would conclude from my post that such may be required except as an attempt to bring another irrelavent issue into the topic to avoid answering fairly simple questions.

I just put my general knowledge of Thailand in practice, if you have lived here and know how it works you know that headmen skim money. You should also know that the Prayut government (was in the newspaper) had paid money to all the headmen before. So you know money has been paid by the central government. 

Cant link to it but google for 

B15bn granted to supply Village Funds

and then look for the Bangkok post.

Edited by robblok

59 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Errrm I know someone personally that was involved at headman/ Kanman level in a district up north- he has packed in the job as he is sick and tired of the amount of graft that goes on with public money.

This guy is hard working and honest- his loss to the community will not be easily replaced. There are some people out there who DO care about their communities not their pockets.

Edited by Psimbo

29 minutes ago, tifino said:

Expect furrowed frowns from the Dept

Furrowed frowns due to a furrowed road.

Bravo to the locals who planted the rice. Come harvest time, unless the road is graded and surfaced, they will have enough rice for a few gallons of "Loa Cow"sic.......  (Lao Khao)

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just put my general knowledge of Thailand in practice, if you have lived here and know how it works you know that headmen skim money. You should also know that the Prayut government (was in the newspaper) had paid money to all the headmen before. So you know money has been paid by the central government. 

You have again failed to back up your claim that the road referred to in the original post was in such a poor condition due to 

" the headmen make them vote PTP" and  " skim all the money".

If you have such evidence I'm sure the PM would very happy to receive it. If you dont, your comment is nothing more than the same old rhetoric posted by junta supporters to justify their existence.

Edited by Reigntax

26 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Errrm I know someone personally that was involved at headman/ Kanman level in a district up north- he has packed in the job as he is sick and tired of the amount of graft that goes on with public money.

This guy is hard working and honest- his loss to the community will not be easily replaced. There are some people out there who DO care about their communities not their pockets.

Yes. I familiar with similar situations in non PTP support areas also. In fact, based on hearsay, I  believe it is common practice.

However, the OP refers to a particular road and apparently one poster has more knowledge of the situation than we do stating the cause was due to the "headman making them vote PTP" and "skimming money".

slso as the junta have been in power for more than 3 years, I  fail to see how during this period anyone would have been "made" to vote PTP or for any particular political group.

Edited by Reigntax

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

Dear leader likes to micromanage and be the all seeing eye. The saviour of Thais and their happiness. The buck stops with him, I'm afraid. Maybe the farmers with attractive daughters should ask them to put some hot pants on and twerk on the road. That will get his attention for sure. 

Wanna take the credit? You have to take the criticism too. 

36 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Yes. I familiar with similar situations in non PTP support areas also. In fact, based on hearsay, I  believe it is common practice.

However, the OP refers to a particular road and apparently one poster has more knowledge of the situation than we do stating the cause was due to the "headman making them vote PTP" and "skimming money".

slso as the junta have been in power for more than 3 years, I  fail to see how during this period anyone would have been "made" to vote PTP or for any particular political group.

No I was making an educated guess based on available information.

1) money has been given from the central budget (so don't blame the goverment they paid already)

2) Headmen skim (also in non PTP area's)

3) there is no road.. so either no money 

as for making them vote PTP.. think red villages.. you think there was much freedom there. 

So know they skim money... you admit that so your just being combative as usual. 

This is local corruption that happens blatantly in every province in Thailand. The PM has stated that he is cracking down on corruption, it seems to me that many of these crooks would be very easy to prosecute if indeed he wanted too. He has also stopped all elections so these crooks don't even have to worry about getting voted out.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Its the local government that is responsible.. you know those headmen that make them vote PTP.. and skim all the money. So can't blame the central government here. If you read carefully you will read local government. I did not know these guys bought tanks too.

Lived here 16 years and seen and heard plenty of stories of dodgy deals at a local level but have never heard of people being forced to vote for anyone other than their own choice.

30 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Lived here 16 years and seen and heard plenty of stories of dodgy deals at a local level but have never heard of people being forced to vote for anyone other than their own choice.

I have read about the red villages and about headmen having to get a certain amount of votes or else funding was cut. I remember how Thaksin stopped projects in provinces that were not loyal to him. So its not a huge step that I make to assume that headmen make sure the quota are made that are requested.  But I am not saying they put the gun to peoples head.. but I do say they they might promise things or tell things that are not true. 

49 minutes ago, Grubster said:

This is local corruption that happens blatantly in every province in Thailand. The PM has stated that he is cracking down on corruption, it seems to me that many of these crooks would be very easy to prosecute if indeed he wanted too. He has also stopped all elections so these crooks don't even have to worry about getting voted out.

That is one thing for sure that it happens everywhere. I read something that they did not want headmen for life any more and make it a 5 year term.. it was a junta Idea.. (and I like it) but not sure what happened to it. I am certainly not saying that this corruption happens only in PTP area's it happens everywhere. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

No I was making an educated guess based on available information.

1) money has been given from the central budget (so don't blame the goverment they paid already)

2) Headmen skim (also in non PTP area's)

3) there is no road.. so either no money 

as for making them vote PTP.. think red villages.. you think there was much freedom there. 

So know they skim money... you admit that so your just being combative as usual. 

"No, I was making an educated guess based on available information"

No. You were making an uneducated  guess based solely on your dislike of a group of the Thai polulation who support a political group different from yourself. If not, I refer to my previous post where I  asked for you to share with us the informatiin you have that the author of the OP didnt where you state the neglect of the road was caused by the local population being forced to vote PTP and the headman skimming money that should have been used for repairs.

As for your new approach.. "as for making them vote PTP.. think red villages.. you think there was much freedom there." Is even more absurd given the current junta control where no choice, no freedom to discuss political views and with no election in sight except Prayuths yearly promise that it will be next year.

"So know they skim money.. you admit that so just being combative". Incorrect again. My comment stated " based on hearsay" which suggests to anyone with a reasonable command of English that I dont know but based on others advice and experience there is a likelyhood that it does occur.

Im not sure how you could interpret my post any way other than it was intended. But you're welcome to keep trying.

Edited by Reigntax

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is one thing for sure that it happens everywhere. I read something that they did not want headmen for life any more and make it a 5 year term.. it was a junta Idea.. (and I like it) but not sure what happened to it. I am certainly not saying that this corruption happens only in PTP area's it happens everywhere. 

They never had headmen for life in my area, but now the PM has banned all elections except in the case of death or a few other reasons. Our headman is doing very well, his wife also runs the numbers racket in town, and it has been alleged that he is the drug lord also.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I have read about the red villages and about headmen having to get a certain amount of votes or else funding was cut. I remember how Thaksin stopped projects in provinces that were not loyal to him. So its not a huge step that I make to assume that headmen make sure the quota are made that are requested.  But I am not saying they put the gun to peoples head.. but I do say they they might promise things or tell things that are not true. 

Unlike the yellows of course who are pillars of virtue and wouldn't do any such thing.

10 hours ago, Grubster said:

They never had headmen for life in my area, but now the PM has banned all elections except in the case of death or a few other reasons. Our headman is doing very well, his wife also runs the numbers racket in town, and it has been alleged that he is the drug lord also.

Its the PM and theirs that want to do something about the corruption of headmen and have administrative reform. Can say a lot but its the way to go to make sure these guys can be dislodged.