‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

7 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I have heard that story so many times but at least you didn't claim it was you.

Hate to pop your bubble, but while not an offence, it is considered very bad form.

OTOH I did witness a drunker genius sitting in a bar amusing himself by burning the eyes out of the kings image on B20 notes. Presumably the bar staff rang them, because the BIB appeared and he was led away in handcuffs. Reportedly deported.

Edited by halloween

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

This idiot needs a long time in jail. Doesn't he realise a train goung over coins on the track could derail it? There again he is American and a bloody moron.

Once again a coin cannot derail a train I have 30 years in the rail industry before you contradict me

4 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Once again a coin cannot derail a train I have 30 years in the rail industry before you contradict me

So a coun on the railway line can be thrown up at some speed hit a car driving along by the side of railway. Driver shocked looses control swerves into train train and car colide train derails. Far fetched? Who knows so in reality a coin can indeed derail a train. Jesus in the UK they stop trains running if there's leaves on the track.

Just now, jeab1980 said:

So a coun on the railway line can be thrown up at some speed hit a car driving along by the side of railway. Driver shocked looses control swerves into train train and car colide train derails. Far fetched? Who knows so in reality a coin can indeed derail a train. Jesus in the UK they stop trains running if there's leaves on the track.

Thats actually more feasible

Wet leaves can have an impact on signalling nothing mechanical, Stopping is not derailing

4 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

Anyone know what type of visa he has? Does he gave a real job?  Just curious.

An A visa , A for <deleted> A pain in the gonads

Edited by Dave67

17 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I hate to disagree ...

5968e435ddbd7_coin2.jpg.00c473a44e7175644c094c849b046f39.jpg

The largest gold coin weighs 1,012 kg (2,231 lb 1.24 oz), measures 80 cm (2 ft 7.49 in) in diameter, 13 cm (5.12 in) in thickness and is made from bullion with a purity of 99.99 per cent. The legal-tender coin was introduced on 9 February 2012 by the Perth Mint (Australia), with a face value of AUS$1 million (US$992,849.80; £623,930.51). The coin, called the "1 Tonne Australian Kangaroo" features a Kangaroo and was created to promote Australia's official Kangaroo Gold Bullion Coin series. (Guiness World Records).

:smile::sorry:

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I hate to disagree ...

5968e435ddbd7_coin2.jpg.00c473a44e7175644c094c849b046f39.jpg

The largest gold coin weighs 1,012 kg (2,231 lb 1.24 oz), measures 80 cm (2 ft 7.49 in) in diameter, 13 cm (5.12 in) in thickness and is made from bullion with a purity of 99.99 per cent. The legal-tender coin was introduced on 9 February 2012 by the Perth Mint (Australia), with a face value of AUS$1 million (US$992,849.80; £623,930.51). The coin, called the "1 Tonne Australian Kangaroo" features a Kangaroo and was created to promote Australia's official Kangaroo Gold Bullion Coin series. (Guiness World Records).

:smile::sorry:

Hahaha Nice one

9 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I have heard that story so many times but at least you didn't claim it was you.

Probably because it happens frequently. It did happen to me several years ago with a 20 baht note, I trapped it with my foot and got a friendly but very stern reprimand from a couple of locals I was with. 

1 hour ago, Mrjlh said:

Anyone know what type of visa he has? Does he gave a real job?  Just curious.

According to his answers to the backlash on the cat and scorpion video, he works for a school somewhere and has the papers. Surprised to see he's still here.... 

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

Have you seen the state of the Thai railway tracks?

Trust me,  a coin can derail a Thai train :)

The trains derail themselves most days. A 25 satang coin would probably do it. 

11 hours ago, tomwct said:

Where is Thai Immigration? Why hasn't this guy been deported?

Believe it or not , he has a work permit.  He probably bought it from an agent with all the money he earns on Youtube. The rumours are that he earns around $3000 weekly . 

Edited by balo

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Just another attention seeking loser trying to be outrageous and making a name for himself online. 

How do these idiots manage to stay in Thailand? Why is it so easy for them to remain here?

Not sure I'd call him a loser exactly.

Just now, Emster23 said:

He's American, but calling someone "mate" is not. Perhaps call him "My Yank Wank" (I'm 'Merican, so okay). More fitting I suppose.

Yeah, but Americans don't usually say wank.

But jerk doesn't rhyme either, innit? 

2 minutes ago, captspectre said:

as soon as the Thai's are tired of this fool he will be gone! the idiot has to realize that this is NOT a democracy, if big daddy says he is gone, he will be gone.

It's more like his demographic. Thai kids, presumably mostly girls. He's a boy band type phenom. Short shelf life. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Seriously, can you imagine a pasty white 40 year old doing the same type videos?

Edited by Jingthing

YouTube celebrity’s coin prank video goes off the tracks

By THE NATION

8f3b95b3563b3a204c78561c326386cf-atwb.jpeg

YOUTUBE prankster and social media celebrity Nate Bartling, better known as My Mate Nate, continues to court controversy.

After he previously organised, recorded and posted a fight between his own cat and a scorpion, cat lovers sought police action against him, alleging animal cruelty. More than 120,000 people signed a petition to have him arrested.

This time he has turned to train tracks and currency. In his latest video, he and a friend are seen on a railway track, saying they want to test the strength of coins to find out which country’s coins are the strongest. Viewers see him placing coins in rows along the tracks and waiting for a train. They stepped back from the tracks when the train came and after it passed they picked up the flattened coins that left some marks on the track.

When the video was posted, it attracted mostly negative opinions. Some criticised him for searching for fame or having nothing to do. Among them was a Facebook user under the name of “Team Nang Rod Fai Kub Nai Hammun” who warned that coins on a railway track could possibly lead to derailing of a train.

A large number of Facebook users shared the post and Bartling responded by citing a scientific study to support his claim that coins could not lead to a derailment. 

Bartling was adamant that his experiment was harmless while Team Nang Rod Fai Kub Nai Hammun stood by his comment.

However, Bartling said he agreed to delete the video and the page host said it also agreed to delete the statements. Its admin team said it talked to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) and agreed that SRT would be the only party making a statement on the coin testing issue.

The situation seemed to end happily until SRT deputy governor Thanongsak Pongprasert gave an interview in which he said that Bartling’s acts broke the Railway Act and would be punishable in civil and criminal courts.

“Although placing coins on railway tracks did not cause any damage to a train, it would probably lead to copy-cat behaviour that could lead to an accident.

“I already assigned the train police bureau to study the video clip to determine where the incident happened. Those in the clip will be summonsed for questioning and face legal action.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320798

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-15