90 days report after going home ?

parikesitan

Hi

I'm supposed to do 90 days report this 18th of July,

But last month at 6 June, I went back to my country to have a holiday and come back here at 12th July.

What will happen to my 90 days cycle ?

Do I still have to report on the given day ?

Thanks for the help !

Why is this subject so hard for many people to understand.

You ONLY have to do a 90 day report if you REMAIN IN THE KINGDOM FOR 90 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS.

Leave the kingdom , for any length of time and you no longer need to do a report . return to the kingdom and you are required to do a report 90 days from the date that you return ......with the day of your arrival being day #1.

It REALLY is that simple.

Just another question on this subject. I'm leaving the country on the day my 90 day report is due, do I need to report( it falls on a Saturday anyway) before I go? My guess is not, but just to be sure though. Be back in a month..

6 hours ago, novo58 said:

Why is this subject so hard for many people to understand.

You ONLY have to do a 90 day report if you REMAIN IN THE KINGDOM FOR 90 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE DAYS.

Leave the kingdom , for any length of time and you no longer need to do a report . return to the kingdom and you are required to do a report 90 days from the date that you return ......with the day of your arrival being day #1.

It REALLY is that simple.

Better to ask, than to make a bad assumption.  Of course, if you're asking a bunch of crotchety old self proclaimed geniuses, there is some risk.

Maybe it is that simple.  But throw in the difference between a visa (actually, quite a few variations of visa's), visa exempt, and extension of stay, and how that hooks in with a work permit, and the different requirements for those married to Thai's, supporting Thai families, and those on their own- and how ages and nationalities are treated differently.

Not hard to see where someone could be confused.  

Edited by impulse

35 minutes ago, perthperson said:

The topic concerns 90 day reporting and nothing else so why attempt to divert from the topic ? 

2 noobs have asked perfectly reasonable noob questions.  In addition to the helpful information by some posters, both of them have been berated for not knowing the answers.  Probably by guys who have been here for years and forgotten what it was like to be a noob and wonder about immigration issues. 

I believe that responses like that are not helpful, and discourage participation in this forum.  And I wonder how much good information that we, as a community, miss out on when people choose not to post here because of the abusive responses like those.

Edited by impulse

On 7/14/2017 at 6:52 PM, parikesitan said:

Thank you so much for your help !

Much appreciated !

You could visit and say hello to everyone in immigration and give them all high fives! I'm sure they would appreciate your initiative.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Got another one.

I returned from PI on July 4.

I got my new extension of stay July 12.

What date do I use for my 90 day report?

If you didn't do a 90 day report at the time of doing the extension (they are not automatically linked) then it will be 90 days from4 July.

When you enter Thailand from abroad you have to visit your immigration office for a new TM 30 (proof of residence)

they will also tell you and change the 90 day report slip  in your passport or at least change the date stamp on it.