Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who writes these headlines?

Tourists "who act like Australians"?

Hopping around with babies in their pouches?

Puttin' a shrimp on the barbie?

Have corks dangling from their hats?

Chinese actually spend the most on a daily basis but only stay for a week. Australians and NZ (oceania) spend a lot per day but they stay 1-2 months. Can see why they are popular.

spend.JPG.66158bceb38b3095fc0065242fe4c7d9.JPG

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

That would cut down on the number of tourist entries entering the computer.

Exactly - and it would be in line with the strategy outlined in the article: "the government is shifting strategy. It’s now targeting a minimum increase in tourism revenue of about 5 percent annually instead of a particular number of visitors"

...as is clearly shown.....

...not humans....and irrelevant what their experiences are like...what they 'get for their money'...safety...security......

....'they' are dollars(baht).....and how many that can be gotten from them...any which way...and the more the better....

...wow....

Any thread mentioning Australians brings out the hilarious Brits and their version of humour.

Repeating a joke 20 or 30 times doesn't make it funnier guys! Particularly since I first heard that wombat thing when I was in primary school, about 80 or 90 years ago!

I also noted one bigoted Canadian used the topic as an excuse to throw in a bit of bile at Australians.

On topic, and reading between the lines, I think what Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul meant was they would like a return to the western style tourist who stays longer and spends more money.  Australians were his example.

Ergo, he is perhaps suggesting that throwing all their eggs in the Chinese basket was not a great decision from an economic standpoint.

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm doing my part, I proudly hum Advance Australia Fair as I hand over my dollars changed into Baht.

I changed $10,000 last week when I thought the little Aussie battler was on a high!

However it kept going up to 2 year highs.  I missed out on something like 10,000baht on the exchange if I had a crystal ball and waited!.

I was singing a different tune!

Just now, Micbozy said:

It's getting off topic now, most people here are foreigners/outsider to Thailand, yet they are still living an arrogant life and being racist unintentionally.

If the Australians that you have ever met are mostly drunks or sex addicts, you should consider quit doing/hanging the same things/places that they do!

Racist? 'Australian' isn't a race you drongo :saai:

2 hours ago, seajae said:

As an aussie I have to be honest, too many drop kicks coming from Australia these days, they get here and act like idiots, the lay back attitude aussies had years ago of "she'll be right mate"  is long gone. Too much overseas influence with the young now, aussie get here and make total fools of themselves. Then again so do many others.

In fairness we act like idiots in Australia too.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I would like to know how they come up with the figures of how much people of different nationalities spend. Aussies 5,831 Baht, British 4,376. But hang on. I don't see a figure telling us how much the Chinese spend, or should that read don't spend.

LOL. They probably ask a few and accept what they say as reality.

When I was at Wat Po a group of uni girls came to ask me to answer a survey. When it came to "what activities do you like in Thailand" I replied looking at temples, tours and shopping. Of course the reality was rather different.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Any thread mentioning Australians brings out the hilarious Brits and their version of humour.

Repeating a joke 20 or 30 times doesn't make it funnier guys! Particularly since I first heard that wombat thing when I was in primary school, about 80 or 90 years ago!

I also noted one bigoted Canadian used the topic as an excuse to throw in a bit of bile at Australians.

On topic, and reading between the lines, I think what Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul meant was they would like a return to the western style tourist who stays longer and spends more money.  Australians were his example.

Ergo, he is perhaps suggesting that throwing all their eggs in the Chinese basket was not a great decision from an economic standpoint.

Over the years I haven't seen many Aussies compared to other ethnicities. I assume Bali is more their destination of choice.

7 hours ago, carlyai said:

Yeah, the Poms are cheap charlies. emoji39.png

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Don't you know?

POHM (not pom) stands for Prisoner Of His Majesty.

Oies are the POHMs.

To those non Aussies casting hilarious remarks about Madam Tourism Minister's desire for more visitors in the mould of Aussies ......... bad luck.

Jealousy is a curse.

She's a smart cookie. She knows us Aussies.

With our convict and boat people heritage .... what's not to like ?

Actually, I'm forever grateful that my distant relatives were petty thieves and crooks, and consequently got transported to Oz some 230 years ago.

Had they stayed in UK, I guess I'd now be a Brit  :shock1:

Geeezus .......... I need to lie down and think that one through.

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Streuth ............I will have to have a Dicken's cider.

Never understood this about your language. Cider is unfiltered/unpasteurised  apple juice (essentially). Why do you guys insist on dropping the "hard" (hawd if you must) adjective? 

7 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians

These guys sure act like Australians:

I recall going through security at Sydney airport once in 2000. My pockets were empty & the guard started asking me "E-oohaveaobile?"

He said it about 5 times. I apologized profusely & told him we theoretically spoke the same language, but I couldn't understand him.

I finally got it..."Do you have a mobile phone?"

Edited by jaywalker

5 hours ago, farcanell said:

Nice one... ?

but just to be clear.... we don't actually have an accent... Americans have an accent, and the poms have completely forgotten how to speak the queens english.

Ö  oh year maaate.

Ged uz sum feesh and cheeps on tha way home darlz  555

38 minutes ago, electric said:

To those non Aussies casting hilarious remarks about Madam Tourism Minister's desire for more visitors in the mould of Aussies ......... bad luck.

Jealousy is a curse.

She's a smart cookie. She knows us Aussies.

With our convict and boat people heritage .... what's not to like ?

Actually, I'm forever grateful that my distant relatives were petty thieves and crooks, and consequently got transported to Oz some 230 years ago.

Had they stayed in UK, I guess I'd now be a Brit  :shock1:

Geeezus .......... I need to lie down and think that one through.

You are a Brit, The Queen reigns and she's on your money, ?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Over the years I haven't seen many Aussies compared to other ethnicities. I assume Bali is more their destination of choice.

It is closer and cheaper. But filled with many larrikins.