Cowboys! - firm knocking down Pattaya hotel slammed in the Thai media

webfact

Cowboys! - firm knocking down Pattaya hotel slammed in the Thai media

71pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

PATTAYA: -- Furious Thai and foreign residents in South Pattaya have called in the media after great lumps of corrugated iron have rained down on a small soi.

A Thai firm are currently being paid 2.9 million baht to dismantle the Boutique Paradise Hotel that was illegally extended in Soi V.C.

Residents were initially angry when the company doing the work failed to stop dust spreading in the area.

But this week large sheets of corrugated iron have come loose. One foreigner pointing in our picture said that one night "it all came down".

Sianchon news went to the area and filmed large sections of supposedly protective iron waving precariously in the wind and rain.

One large section was lying by the side of the soi.

Residents were scared and convinced the whole lot was going to fall on their heads.

A sign at the scene says the work is being carried out by "Tairano Construction Co Ltd" and warns people to keep out.

73.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

The 13 story hotel was the subject of a court order to tear it down after it was shown that the owners had exceeded height regulations.

Source: Siamchon

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-18

But this is Thailand. Just a simple case of cowboys and bandits.  If Farangs are stupid enough to invest where the country is run by the bandits and the rip offs by  cowboys, then more fools them. Until this country is wiped clean, starting from the highest echelons down through all departments, then don't complain about your own stupidity In thinking Thailand is civilise and honest.  Never will be without a civil war.

2 minutes ago, esprit said:

But this is Thailand.

Says it all. One reason I like the place.

It makes one keep their wits about them....Maybe not the balcony divers, but it keeps me on my toes.

6 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Says it all. One reason I like the place.

It makes one keep their wits about them....Maybe not the balcony divers, but it keeps me on my toes.

Agreed kemosabe.

regards Tonto

5 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

Wait until they try to demolish Waterfront.:sleep:

They could probably fly a couple Airbus A380's into that monstrosity & nobody would notice...Except those of us that wish it had never been (halfway) built.

2 hours ago, esprit said:

But this is Thailand. Just a simple case of cowboys and bandits.  If Farangs are stupid enough to invest where the country is run by the bandits and the rip offs by  cowboys, then more fools them. Until this country is wiped clean, starting from the highest echelons down through all departments, then don't complain about your own stupidity In thinking Thailand is civilise and honest.  Never will be without a civil war.

Surely you don't think civil war is or will bring any solution?

4 hours ago, esprit said:

U r right "

Edited by Mad mick
No reason

9 hours ago, esprit said:

I think the point of the story is about the danger and inconvenience caused by the firm dismantling the building, not warning of investing in the country.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I think the point of the story is about the danger and inconvenience caused by the firm dismantling the building, not warning of investing in the country.

And do you not think that a regulated and uncorrupted industry would be required to dismantle the building in a controlled and safe manner ? or do you think that it is irrelevant and uncontrolled and corrupted companies will put HSQE first ?

So therefore only invest if you condone the behaviour that currently exists and /or you can afford to lose the money. That is the connection.

1 hour ago, esprit said:

And do you not think that a regulated and uncorrupted industry would be required to dismantle the building in a controlled and safe manner ? or do you think that it is irrelevant and uncontrolled and corrupted companies will put HSQE first ?

So therefore only invest if you condone the behaviour that currently exists and /or you can afford to lose the money. That is the connection.

I am not intending to get into an argument with you about this, and not wanting to repeat myself, so I agree with what you are saying, but the topic is not about investing money in the country  - it is an article about the work being carried out in a dangerous and haphazard way.

Edited by sambum

20 hours ago, esprit said:

Agreed kemosabe.

regards Tonto

20 hours ago, esprit said:

Agreed kemosabe.

regards Tonto

Quite impressive safety standard here, just a bit of loose iron not to worry.

What about the people weeding the road divisions with only one traffic cone to warm motorists, TIT.