Online campaign to oust American YouTuber “My Mate Nate” is gaining momentum

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, chilli42 said:

I tend to agree that he is a bit of a fool.  That said, nobody is forced to view his videos.  Seems that there are many who do so by choice. 

At first I jumped on the TvisaF band-wagon. Then I watched some of his vids. They are really quite good. Especially the science based stuff. The slow mo is superb! The vid of the durian smashing the water-filled balloon is outstanding.

He could be a Thai secret weapon for teaching in schools. 

The vid where they dropped the cats was fascinating.

Edited by owl sees all

12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

1) He is setting a drastically wrong exemple to young kids who would try to copy his stupidity and risk getting either hurt or killed

2) This fool is giving a despicable image of farangs in Thailand - unfair for the expats who do their best to integrate in Thai society

3) Deport the chap and carry on to other new issues

4) One can miss the point in venerating this clown just because he has xxx followers or xxx views......even if he had a million followers/admirers, his actions would remain nevertheless totally wrong!

I think this is an overstatement. Do you judge all Thais by the behaviour of a few?  If his actions gives me a "despicable image" in the eyes of Thais then that's just too bad, however I'll try and give them credit for a bit more common sense.

If this guy insults the right powerful people in Thailand, he will be deported swiftly, until then

we can all get to see him slowly bug enough people that he may go home in a box. If that happens

then Som Nom Nah to him.  Bad Karma can lead to bad conclusion.

Geezer

19 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

He isn't making it harder.

The Thais are making it harder because they don't want us here unless you are excessively rich and can be easily controlled/manipulated. They would also prefer you to have limited intelligence so you don't fully understand the people or how their society works.

It has been getting progressively worse since before Nate was swimming about his Dad's balls. 

Hilarious. If you really believe that then I guess you'll be off soon. For the record. Most Thais are very nice welcoming people. I'm sorry that you never saw that. 

He has an American Passport.

I am an American.

We don't talk like him in the USA.

He is a 100% phony piece of dog doo.

Deport the piece of shit OR just flush the toilet on him.

Just now, themerg said:

I am an American.

Nah. I think he likes it here. Learnt the language. Soon to have Thai family. As much as you dislike him I'm afraid he's here to stay. Stop the hate. It doesn't get you anywhere putting other people down 

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Leave the guy alone, you moaning old farts.

The big problem with the majority of TvisaF members is that their average age is probably treble that of Nate's followers. Different wavelength completely.

Let him perform his art in peace... Or better still actually watch his vids and then comment.

Edited by owl sees all

13 minutes ago, themerg said:

I am an American.

Deport him for what? USA has enough youngsters kicking up without Nate's influence.

Remember Mythbusters; "let's blow something up".

20 hours ago, owl sees all said:

He has a great following. Surrounded by youngsters. Who knows what they can get up to without Nate at the helm

Has worked with the police in Khorat on a vid.

He has adopted two little cats which he is experimenting with.

We were young once and had narrow waists and broad minds. For most on TvisaF it seems that the waist and mind have swapped places.

Give the poor kid a break!!

"Experimenting with"? We know what he does with cats - gets them to fight scorpions!

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Experimenting with"? We know what he does with cats - gets them to fight scorpions!

Yes experimenting. Have you seen the vid where they are dropping the cats? There is more to Nate than scorpions!!

Pointing out one little thing in 300 vids is narrow.

Edited by owl sees all

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

We have a saying in our neck of the woods - don't know if it's used countrywide:- 

"Gobs***e!" Quite appropriate for some one who talks a croad of lap!

Yes I am familiar with the saying. Maybe it originated from the north west of England!

Why don't you watch a couple of his vids before condeming him?

I don't mean this personally Sambun but to all TvisaF members that are verbally abusing him.

Edited by owl sees all

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes experimenting. Have you seen the vid where they are dropping the cats? There is more to Nate than scorpions!!

Pointing out one little thing in 300 vids is narrow.

No I haven't seen the vid of "them dropping cats", but I presume it's to show that cats always land on their feet? (If it is - Yawn - been done before)

And I suppose that if Nate happened to pour boiling water down someone's underpants in just one video out of 399, then that would be OK?

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes I am familiar with the saying. Maybe it originated from the north west of England!

Why don't you watch a couple of his vids before condeming him?

I didn't condemn him - that's just you jumping to conclusions! Read my post again!

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

And I suppose that if Nate happened to pour boiling water down someone's underpants in just one video out of 399, then that would be OK?

That soldier hurt the little boy not so long ago by doing something like that.

For me it would not be appropriate to do that but in one vid they fire loads of sparks at each other to see who can withstand the pain for longest.

The really funny thing is about this mate fella. All those judging him and saying he gives foreigners a bad name and has no respect for Thais or their culture really don't know this place too well.i think most have underestimated him. He's actually one of the few that gets this place perfectly well. Yeah. He's a knob. But he plays the game very well. The Thais are a very forgiving bunch if you get to know them. Keep calling for his deportation(some) but remember when you are gone as this country isn't the place for you, He'll probably still be here ; )

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

No I haven't seen the vid of "them dropping cats", but I presume it's to show that cats always land on their feet? (If it is - Yawn - been done before)

It is to show in super slow mo how quickly cats turn over in the air.

BUT it was meant for kids not TvisaF members who might have seen it before.

You just don't get it do you TvisaF members.

7 hours ago, newatthis said:

I think this is an overstatement. Do you judge all Thais by the behaviour of a few?  If his actions gives me a "despicable image" in the eyes of Thais then that's just too bad, however I'll try and give them credit for a bit more common sense.

If he was the only and sole farang to misbehave in Thailand, I could have abided to your point. But we all know that there are a certain amount of farangs, publicized in media,  who misbehave, are wanted by the authorities in their countries and so on.  This clown adds to the list and it can create stigmatization. As for the track coin issue, well I would not want my kids to watch such stuff and try to copy, even if we all feel that our kids are not like others...

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

If he was the only and sole farang to misbehave in Thailand, I could have abided to your point. But we all know that there are a certain amount of farangs, publicized in media,  who misbehave, are wanted by the authorities in their countries and so on.  This clown adds to the list and it can create stigmatization. As for the track coin issue, well I would not want my kids to watch such stuff and try to copy, even if we all feel that our kids are not like others...

Do you teach your kids to copy everything they see on YouTube. Farangs misbehave? Yep. So do a lot of people. There's a strange kind of racist paranoia that some people feel here. Keep yourself in check and you'll be judged on your own merit. I promise 

9 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Do you teach your kids to copy everything they see on YouTube. Farangs misbehave? Yep. So do a lot of people. There's a strange kind of racist paranoia that some people feel here. Keep yourself in check and you'll be judged on your own merit. I promise 

You have an interesting line of thought...

If you approve of cruelty towards animals and minimize the issue, free for you..

Kids tend to copy and nobody can be behind their back 24/7..they ultimately end up in doing certain questionable things. My advice to you would be to grow up a bit, mature and you will understand many things better before making hasty comments of the sort. I promise.

Edited by observer90210

Just now, observer90210 said:

You have an interesting line of thought...

Kids tend to copy and nobody can be behind their back 24/7..they ultimately end up in doing certain questionable things. My advice to you would be to grow up a bit, mature and you will understand many things better before making hasty comments of the sort. I promise.

I'm already grown up. Your kids may copy things. It's a part of life. I doubt very much they'll die from it. Just tell them not to go near train tracks. Inthought that was a given. My comments aren't hasty. They're actually quite serious. I promise