Ducati 939 Hypermotard - Purchased

soihok

14 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Heavy and no ABS, no thanks and my V is very comfy too.

Sorry of topic,  Z got abs in 2016 l believe not that l use or rely on abs & 229 only 19 bags of sugar heavier than my V.  :biggrin:

25 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The Z800 luckily is no more. It has been replaced by the Z900 at the end of last year which is a better bike in every regard imho.

Yeah cheers maybe in answer to Ducati & Yam 900,  lighter than a V :biggrin: but more dosh.  

15 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Korat has Starbucks?

Yep. Turn right at Cliche Cafe. I believe they have special parking for Honda Waves, but only if you are wearing sandals, over 50 and sporting a Tesco pisspot helmet. 

You should be fine :)

Sorry more off topic stuff, I am quite happy with my V650, it's very fast up to 160-170km/h and I find that enough for my needs, no need for a Z900.

One can easily be bitten by the HP syndrome, I need more more and more HP.

OP soihok's new bike is without a doubt a very good one but for my needs it's overkill.

If I was buying a new bike today, I will get a Triumph T120, love how it looks, a real bike in my book.

That being said, I tried a Hyper821 at Ducati Pattaya app 2-3 years ago and I was grinning from ear to ear when I did, boy it was funny to ride man. The new 939 will likely be even more (no not likely, it will) fun to ride but at 55 years old now, I am not so wild as I used to be and prefer something comfy.

Lastly, my salary have dropped some 20% over the last 2 years due to very hard times in oil off-shore, so now is not the time spending big bucks on nice to have items but not strictly needed toys, my family always comes first. 

Yes as JonnyF wrote; a lot of non Ducati owners slams Ducati as they do with HD. I am ex HD owner and are speechless when I read the posts from some posters here. Ignorance of highest order, or should I say: envy?

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Sorry more off topic stuff, I am quite happy with my V650, it's very fast up to 160-170km/h and I find that enough for my needs, no need for a Z900.

One can easily be bitten by the HP syndrome, I need more more and more HP.

OP soihok's new bike is without a doubt a very good one but for my needs it's overkill.

If I was buying a new bike today, I will get a Triumph T120, love how it looks, a real bike in my book.

That being said, I tried a Hyper821 at Ducati Pattaya app 2-3 years ago and I was grinning from ear to ear when I did, boy it was funny to ride man. The new 939 will likely be even more (no not likely, it will) fun to ride but at 55 years old now, I am not so wild as I used to be and prefer something comfy.

Lastly, my salary have dropped some 20% over the last 2 years due to very hard times in oil off-shore, so now is not the time spending big bucks on nice to have items but not strictly needed toys, my family always comes first. 

Yes as JonnyF wrote; a lot of non Ducati owners slams Ducati as they do with HD. I am ex HD owner and are speechless when I read the posts from some posters here. Ignorance of highest order, or should I say: envy?

I don't know who would envy a HD owner

I like a lot of different bikes but a "Hardly Ableson"  is not on my rader

Too much money and too less performance, crept for the noise

On 7/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, soihok said:

Will post some photo's of the great day next week when my posse collect it.

Bike collected from Korat Ducati today.

Happy?

I should say so!

received_1431211180290391.thumb.jpeg.ca7fd0199b9216cc86b2eaad60fb10d2.jpegreceived_2082559111971274.thumb.jpeg.152dce643c479f956a62daf3248f2ae6.jpeg

Edited by soihok

As I've said before on other posts....you lucky lucky bastard!

Ok I'd imagine luck has nothing to do with it. More to do with your current job etc....

Well done good sir. Very nice bike.

7 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

As I've said before on other posts....you lucky lucky bastard!

Ok I'd imagine luck has nothing to do with it. More to do with your current job etc....

Well done good sir. Very nice bike.

Thanks very much.

You are correct, it is the fruit of hard work (as well as some luck thrown in, as in being at the right place at the right time, sort of thing).

• 4 months later...