Cor blimey! "EastEnders" star said he'd be brown bread but for the Thais

snoop1130

Cor blimey! "EastEnders" star said he'd be brown bread but for the Thais

sedrgfg.PNG

Former EastEnders' soap star Paul Nicholls said he feared he would die but for the intervention of the rescue party of police and medics who found him on Samui.

Paul, who starred in the BBC soap from 1996, fell down at an isolated waterfall and it was two days before the alert Thai police and a group of medics found him then got him out of the ravine.

He had a broken leg and smashed kneecap.

Yesterday the head of the local spa association Sitphasu Thongsuk was the latest high profile visitor giving Paul the opportunity to tell Daily News how much he loved the Thais.

"I could be dead but for their help," he said singling out three policemen and the foundation medics for his top praise.

Paul said he would certainly be back in Samui as he thanked the people for their kind heartedness, warmth and immeasurable kindness to him.

The kerfuffle over the hospital fees at a hospital was all a big misunderstanding, said Paul, who praised both hospitals where he has been treated for their diligence and care.

EastEnders is one of the UK's most popular soaps. On BBC 1, it features life in Albert Square, a fictional part of East London where brown bread is slang for "dead".

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/587592

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-25

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same guy from last week, when the story was (from The "Sun") that the hospital had tried to stiff him with a bill for 5 million baht.

However the hospital said the total would have only been 500,000 (it sounds like that would have included post-op and out patient costs), but he didn't have any money at all and couldn't even cover the 46,000 baht for the initial treatment he'd received.

12 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The same guy from last week, when the story was (from The "Sun") that the hospital had tried to stiff him with a bill for 5 million baht ...

However the hospital said the total would have only been 500,000 ...

Continuing with the East London theme - Seems he's been talking a load of "pony".

Maybe our British members on here can translate, as an Aussie and member of the British Commonwealth I'm not sure what the headline means.  

Brown Bread is generally considered better and healthier for you so is he complaining about thais?  Then I look at the photo and interpret something to the contrary.  What on earth does the headline actually mean?

Edited by Thechook

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

Maybe our British members on here can translate, as an Aussie and member of the British Commonwealth I'm not sure what the headline means.  

Brown Bread is generally considered better and healthier for you so is he complaining about thais?  Then I look at the photo and interpret something to the contrary.  What on earth does the headline actually mean?

"Brown Bread" is cockney rhyming slang for being dead

He didnt actually say that , but he played a soap character from a Cockney TV show

It was the newspapers editors trying to give his TV character a real life spin

11 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Cockney rhyming slang...

Brown Bread rhymes with Dead.

and to answer your next question...

a Cockney is a native of East London, traditionally one born within hearing of Bow Bells

Edited by Basil B

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Cockney rhyming slang...

a Cockney is a native of East London, traditionally one born within hearing of Bow Bells

Yip, hes a pure Cockney alright! 

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

If you had read the full top post you would have had your answer. It's in the final sentence

Edited by monspencer

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The same guy from last week, when the story was (from The "Sun") that the hospital had tried to stiff him with a bill for 5 million baht.

However the hospital said the total would have only been 500,000 (it sounds like that would have included post-op and out patient costs), but he didn't have any money at all and couldn't even cover the 46,000 baht for the initial treatment he'd received.

Hospitals don't smile for a reason. That too coming out with a gift pack is even suspicious.:post-4641-1156694572:

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Cockney rhyming slang...

I met this pommie bloke many years ago and could not understand what he was talking about - guess he must have been a Cockney. I initially thought he was an English person :whistling:

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I met this pommie bloke many years ago and could not understand what he was talking about - guess he must have been a Cockney. I initially thought he was an English person :whistling:

I met this Aussie bloke once, struth sheila, he asked wheres the dunny cobber.

thought he must have been an alien.:cheesy:

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Agreed... maybe in the alternative he would have been toast!

2 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

He has money and insurance, don't read the Sun.

Dont read the Sun, well that is something i have never done.

Sun readers are the people missing their brains.

Gutter press that is the Sun.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The kerfuffle over the hospital fees at a hospital was all a big misunderstanding, said Paul, who praised both hospitals where he has been treated for their diligence and care.

So is he going to (be able to) pay the hospital?

58 minutes ago, shaurene said:

COR BLIMY (BLOODY HELL) WOULD HAVE BEEN BROWN BREAD. (I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD.

Just slang sayings.Like up the stick. (SHE IS HAVING A BABY)

Would of been TOAST = dead or ON TOAST = in deep sh**t

Having a baby = UP THE DUFF 

& I guess who else was going to rescue him as he's in Thailand ? 000