Tesco Lotus shop online !

Farang two dot zero

I would use them more if they just initiated a fill or kill system

I don't need some clerk somewhere deciding that if they don't have chicken in stock they should bring pork.  Too often after delivery,  I still have to go to my nearest Tesco to get what I wanted in the first place

Just now, Langsuan Man said:

I don't need some clerk somewhere deciding that if they don't have chicken in stock they should bring pork.  Too often after delivery,  I still have to go to my nearest Tesco to get what I wanted in the first place

Have never experienced anything close to that - :smile: - in most cases they get something close so if you really need you can accept but if not just let them take it back.  

5 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Which as previously stated forces me to go to the local store to get what I want, thus negating the "convenience" of home shopping and delivery. When I get a frozen entree that is chicken there is no way to pretend that it is "close" to being pork

It would provide substance if you were really hungry.  :smile:  But agree may have been chosen for brand name rather than content - obviously errors are made but for a frozen entree would not get too upset.  Know when I visit store there often is only one or two items of a brand available (almost never my first choice) when they may carry a dozen or more.  Seems they are always short stocked on such frozen items in store (perhaps because it takes up expensive freezer space).  

10 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

I too have never had that problem, nothing like it.

Check the delivery on arrival - in Bangkok at least any "substitutions" are clearly identified by the simple act of putting them in a Green (or Yellow) plastic bag - they are also identified on the Delivery Order but only in Thai which obviously is a problem for many Farang here.

The only real problem I ever had was on one occasion when I ordered 3 x 1 Litre of Chivas Regal and 1 pack of fresh salad greens (OK, weird diet I guess!). Only upon Delivery did the messenger tell me that Chivas 1 Litre was out of stock so, including the Delivery Fee, I ended up paying Baht 129.- for 1 pack of Salad greens! Irritating but not the end of the world.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone
Spelling