B300K of counterfeit goods seized from Phuket OTOP market

rooster59

B300K of counterfeit goods seized from Phuket OTOP market 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1501310880_1-org.jpg

Officials show of their haul of counterfeit goods. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The Phuket Department of Intellectual Property raided the OTOP market in Patong at 4:30pm on Thursday (July 27) and seized 485 counterfeit items said to be worth about B300,000.

The raid was led by Phuket Provincial Defence Office Chief Sivach Rawangkul who was joined by Col Anan Yuprasit of the Phuket office of the military’s Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) national security agency, Maj Surasak Pungyaem Department of 25 Royal Thai Police, and other relevant officers.

The raid was ordered under the direction of Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong, Commander of the 3rd Marine Division, Phuket Provincial Permanent Secretary, Commander in Chief of the 5th Infantry Division, Deputy Commander of Phuket Provincial Police, Commander of Phuket Provincial Police and Phuket Department of Intellectual Property.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/b300k-of-counterfeit-goods-seized-from-phuket-otop-market-63241.php#BGOSDQZmc2wmai2A.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-29

May I wonder why our taxes need to be spent on finding goods that are produced for sale with a lower price,

and called counterfeit because they tend to look like the overpriced stuff produced, probably, in the same factory by the same underpaid workers?

I think it is disgusting our taxes are used to pay authorities to do work for big companies.

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

May I wonder why our taxes need to be spent on finding goods that are produced for sale with a lower price,

and called counterfeit because they tend to look like the overpriced stuff produced, probably, in the same factory by the same underpaid workers?

I think it is disgusting our taxes are used to pay authorities to do work for big companies.

the taxes you pay in thailand lol 

yeah ,really digraceful .......

5 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

the taxes you pay in thailand lol 

Be careful... some is here actually do submit Tax Returns and pay tax, not just VAT on our Leo or "Elephants' pee in Green Bottles"!!!

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

12 brave military men in the photo. I expect there are some medals forthcoming. 

They do what they're ordered to do.  

Like it or not.  Brave or not.  Agree or not.

...OTOP....and this airport ???

....wow...nothing is sacred...???

...an indication of the level of corruption...and the degree of complicity...???

...at least this small batch was seized...but...???

8 hours ago, wirat69 said:

Be careful... some is here actually do submit Tax Returns and pay tax, not just VAT on our Leo or "Elephants' pee in Green Bottles"!!!

I drink Erdinger and it doesn't come in Green Bottles.... 

You should try it sometime, if you can still afford it after paying all that tax :smile: