Hanging Pictures On Concrete Condo Walls

Jingthing

I used to use sewing needles on walls to avoid damaging walls with nail holes, but find this won't work with my current condo concrete walls.

Any tips and tricks for this?

So far, I have determined you need to use stainless steel nails and place masking tape on the target area to avoid cracking the concrete. Do you need a sledge hammer to drive these nails or will a normal heavy hammer work?

A friend mentioned that the best option would be the kind of stick on hanger where no nails are needed.

This US site offers cloth hangers that can support 10 pound pictures:

http://www.dickblick.com/zz189/16c/

Any place in Pattaya where I can get these kind of cloth hangers?

Edited by Jingthing

Many many years ago I was at a general auction , so long ago

that I forget what I bought for myself.

But there was a lot of framed Constable prints and my mother

liked Constable so I bought them.

My father put them on the wall of one of the bedrooms with

blu-tak.

Two of his female cousins came to visit and were lodged in

that room.

Apparently , at some point in the night , all six pieces of blu-tak

gave up the ghost simultaneously.

Good news is , no heart attacks no casualties.

But DO NOT DO THAT !

:o

I drill holes with a 2 mm drill, two toothpicks in the hole (drive them in with a hammer) and then the nail.

Interesting idea.

Toothpicks? Sounds like a light picture.

works pretty well for anything you want to hang with a nail For larger pictures I would ayways use screws and those plastic dowels.

I drill holes with a 2 mm drill, two toothpicks in the hole (drive them in with a hammer) and then the nail.

Interesting idea.

You poke the toothpicks in the hole and then you drives the nail in.

Then you hang the picture on the NAIL "NOT" the toothpicks. :o

Interesting idea.

You poke the toothpicks in the hole and then you drives the nail in.

Then you hang the picture on the NAIL "NOT" the toothpicks. :o

OK, very stupid of me!

For a light frame you will need something like this

http://www.beijerbygg.se/templates/BB_Produkt.aspx?id=1380

Where to get in Pattaya I really have no idea.

Viking

These work very good on concrete, one good wack with a hammer is all it takes. Usually they can also be removed without to much damage.

Most of the small hardware stores around Pattaya have these.

Those plastic hooks with the 3 nails are not secure enough for anything with a bit of weight. The only secure way is to drill , hammer in a plastic plug and then use a screw.

There is not realy any method that you can use without damaging the wall. You have to fill the hole and repaint.

I have found that the 3M removable stick on hooks to be the strongest and least damaging of any of the suggestions made so far, and I have tried them all. 3M is more expensive, but the reason is quality.

You should be able to find them in any high end department store and perhaps Homepro.

I used a larger one as a full bath sheet hanger and even when I gave the towel a good pull, the hook never came off and it was in a high humidity location, ie the bathroom.

The hooks can be re-used with replacement stickers that are also available at the same locations.

One removes this sticker by pulling down on the tab that visable under the hook, it is highly elastic and I guess it is the stretching of the material that allows for removal without damage or residue to the surface.

I cant believe this post!

Dont any one of you know ANY Diy?

Items Needed

Drill & M10 Bit

Rawl Plug Red

Screw M8 x 1"

Screw Driver

Picture

Picture Wire

If you need to post a question like this then maybe you need to get someone to actually do the work :o

Different strokes for different folks.

I've lived here a long time and found this site interesting. Lived in a number of places, some which allowed you to hang things on the wall, but no nails or screws, some allowed nothing on the walls etc.

Good to know the different methods and ups and downs of each.

For those who are not interested in the general stupidity of others, perhaps they shouldn't view this thread!

I have found that the 3M removable stick on hooks to be the strongest and least damaging of any of the suggestions made so far, and I have tried them all. 3M is more expensive, but the reason is quality.

You should be able to find them in any high end department store and perhaps Homepro.

I used a larger one as a full bath sheet hanger and even when I gave the towel a good pull, the hook never came off and it was in a high humidity location, ie the bathroom.

The hooks can be re-used with replacement stickers that are also available at the same locations.

One removes this sticker by pulling down on the tab that visable under the hook, it is highly elastic and I guess it is the stretching of the material that allows for removal without damage or residue to the surface.

Do you remember the name of these....I understand they are a 3M product, and I remember an ad from television...but searching has been unclear. Does this product go by a particular name?

And do you feel it would stick to a slightly pourous surface like cement that is not absolutely smooth?

Thanks,

Eric

Different strokes for different folks.

I've lived here a long time and found this site interesting. Lived in a number of places, some which allowed you to hang things on the wall, but no nails or screws, some allowed nothing on the walls etc.

Good to know the different methods and ups and downs of each.

For those who are not interested in the general stupidity of others, perhaps they shouldn't view this thread!

Read the OPs original post, scott. being allowed to use nails, screws to penetrate the wall is not an issue for him.

BTW I agree this site is interesting, regardless of how long YOU have stayed here :o