Click, click, click, click instead of click, click... great update!

JohnLick

Actually it does no such thing on my Chrome - unless you are faster than a speeding bullet.  If my cursor goes into the heart area selection will appear for about 1/4 second and never come back again.   Hover on it (white heart) and get the word like to appear below the heart.

Edited by lopburi3

I am also using Chrome (on Win 10) and when I hover my mouse over the heart I see the following:

Capture.JPG

Mine doesn't disappear after 1/4 second.

It stays like that until I make a selection (single click) or move my mouse away.

Not how mine works - thought it might be an add blocker but turned that off and still only appears if go through one time and immediately disappears.  Also reduced enlargement to 100% from my normal 175% and that did not help.  There isn't any forum control may have to be set?

Do you have flash turned on?  Not sure where control is (they change Chrome every week) but believe I may have it turned off.

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you have flash turned on?  Not sure where control is (they change Chrome every week) but believe I may have it turned off.

It's under Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings.

Capture.JPG

Same here.

Capture.JPG

Are you sure you navigated to Content Settings?

BTW, although I've got Flash set to "Ask First", the ThaiVisa forum website is not on my allowed list... only Facebook and my Thai Bank so I don't think it's a Flash issue.

/Edit: I've just done some tinkering and verified that you must have JavaScript Allowed.

Toggle that and see if it works. (you will have to refresh the page first)

Edited by Jai Dee

Indeed did not know there was a sub menu to advanced - got there and tried all to no avail - also turned on pop-up and that did not change display either.

But have found I can make the heart display appear if I click on the heart itself.  It shows a reaction made without clicking on any of the options however - but seems at least can send a like with simple click on heart.  Sorry for the simple mind - did not know they had menus on menus on Chrome.  :saai:

It does seem fairly pointless to load javascript just to slide those like/sad/happy/etc icons around.

Why not just code them permanently in place? I would make them part of the icons that show who has reacted: click on the icon to add your voice, hover over the number next to it to see who else has reacted. Then it would all fit nicely in the space available with no need for sliding.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

It does seem fairly pointless to load javascript just to slide those like/sad/happy/etc icons around.

What makes you think it requires javascript to see the icons.

As far as I know it does have anything to do with it.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When I was tinkering yesterday to try to help Lop out, I turned JavaScript off and the heart icon did not animate into the various like options shown above, so yes, JavaScript does need to be enabled in order to display correctly.

27 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

When I was tinkering yesterday to try to help Lop out, I turned JavaScript off and the heart icon did not animate into the various like options shown above, so yes, JavaScript does need to be enabled in order to display correctly.

He did say load javascript.

I had to search to find the the selection for it on the new Chrome settings page. Found it under privacy and then content settings.

I think most people would have it allowed already since many sites require it to function properly.

Edited by ubonjoe

Re icons

Its definitely a script issue once my adblock (scriptblock) is turned off  icons appear when hovered over , however when its  turned on ,just like button is there

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Javascript slides them around as I and others have mentioned. Javascript is not needed to see them, hence my suggestion to position them permanently in the space available and to combine them with the counters which display automatically and permanently when they are greater than zero anyway. I think that this would be much easier to understand at first glance, and it would avoid the nuisance factor of things that slide.

I believe that Javascript should be avoided whenever there is another simpler way of doing things. Why? Because Javascript tends to slow down page load and display time and may also react badly with other (possibly more important) scripts on the page. Also it is not always 100% compatible with all platforms and browsers.