Thailand has a plan to attract millions of Indian travelers: Bollywood stars

snoop1130

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, over it said:

Talk about soap dodgers! The urine smell at DM will go unnoticed.

Let's hope they limit themselves to cheating the Thai's and not teaching them any new tricks!

i wonder if the spittoons are on order.

12 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

"According to a wage report issued in 2012 by the United Nations' International Labour Organization (ILO), India ranked 69 out of 72 countries listed, with the average monthly wage equivalent to $295 U.S. dollars or just over 18,117 rupees. The countries with lower wages than India include the Philippines, Pakistan and Tajikistan"

currently you get 0.52 baht for 1 rupee......that wage is then 9,000 baht a month ....remind you of any where ? about what I see 7/11 employees getting.....I don't see them rushing off to buy flights to Kerala for 2 weeks ?

That report may be true but just like as in Thailand that has hi-so Thai driving around in Mercedes, Lamborghinis, Porsches,  ect there are hi-so Indians that have plenty of money and could travel here. What gets me is there have been MANY reports on Thai Visa from Indians who have reported a lot of problems trying to get visas to visit or stay here long time. Does the Tourism Authority take this in consideration when they make these grandiose plans? 

India already has more tourists come to Thailand than, UK, US, Australia etc, India is number 5 on the list, just below Russia.

India is like Thailand, the middle class and well off are extremely well off.

White males from western countries really have a superiority complex, thinking they are in greater numbers and are better tourists.

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Always very funny to see foreigners in a country ranting at other foreigners!!...perhaps it gives a erroneous feeling of better integration?....

Just remember for the locals, all farangs are in put in the same bucket!...the walking ATM bucket that is!!

I'm not entirely sure that Indians count as farangs?

15 minutes ago, Grusa said:

I'm not entirely sure that Indians count as farangs?

Farang is a generic Thai word for someone of European ancestry. Indians are part of the Asian continent - geographically speaking. Therefore, your uncertainty is correct. :thumbsup:

I was in a Go-Go bar and four Indians came in and ordered two bottles of water.  The mama-san decreed it had to be one drink per person.  Two of the Indians went outside for a smoke whilst their mates tried to grab anyone in reach.  After ten minutes the smokers returned and sat in front of the water whilst the previous occupants went outside.

We need more tourists like this; it makes us farangs look prosperous.

39 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

India already has more tourists come to Thailand than, UK, US, Australia etc, India is number 5 on the list, just below Russia.

India is like Thailand, the middle class and well off are extremely well off.

White males from western countries really have a superiority complex, thinking they are in greater numbers and are better tourists.

The biggest bigots I know or have been unlucky enough to meet are the old bitter nothing but UK pension coming in

( 25,000Baht/month )to live on type or the 3 or 4 week millionaires whose holiday in Thailand is financed by hand-outs from social security etc in the UK.

I use the expression inverted snobbery.

Looks to me that a lot of farangs here think that they are only the rich spenders with money in Thailand. But it seems that a lot of them are just as ignorant or if not worsts than the uneducated  thais from the rural outlands! Get a life and go see the world dudes. They are a lot or rich Indians and also a lot of middle-class indians these days who have money to spend and also more educated than the farang bums here who could not make it in their own home countries! yes, there are Indians and Chinese cheap travellers who are ill-mannered just like a lof of these low end uneducated farangs too but do not make statements to lump all as one. By the way, you can find a lot of farangs in thailand competing with teh thais for jobs these days, staying in cheap apartment buildings (Not Condos), taking buses or riding motorbikes and eating at cheap establishments with not much money to spend on luxuries etc or worst even a lot doing farming works upcountry and living like the rural thais. So should be start a website in thais and start asking thais to post pictures and make comments about these farangs??????? I also notice that most of these farangs who make comments about these things, in real life are nothing ore than bums actually, envious of the richer thais or other Asians.

36 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I was in a Go-Go bar and four Indians came in and ordered two bottles of water.  The mama-san decreed it had to be one drink per person.  Two of the Indians went outside for a smoke whilst their mates tried to grab anyone in reach.  After ten minutes the smokers returned and sat in front of the water whilst the previous occupants went outside.

We need more tourists like this; it makes us farangs look prosperous.

These stories are legion in Pattaya. One or two Indian guys go "hunting" the beer bars or Coconut Bar and round up a companion. The companion enters a hotel room filled with 5-6 more Indians, all expecting to have their shot for the original single-user low price. Yup, leaving behind hundreds of baht on their travels.

I do find Indians to be polite and friendly, and with very good English skills. But they don't treat females with  basic human respect. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

11 hours ago, Collins said:

While on average the income is low, India has a huge income disparity. With over 1.2bn people in the country there is quite a potential of high spending travelors from there coming to Thailand. I have met quite a few Indians through business and found them to be very friendly, open minded and well mannered. From our talks they seem to enjoy a very different kind of travel when in Thailand or elsewhere - compared to say Chinese tour groups.  Nice restaurants, hotels, culture, sport activites, buying expensive souveniers etc. It's sure not the average Indian citizen - but they still have the potential numbers to impact Thai tourism.

Only place i see them at 7/11 or family mart buying a bottle of beer + pick-up  3 straws to share the beer ' stand outside girlie bar's googling with there eye's undressing them in their mind " drooling at the mouth trying to work out if they can afford 1 girl maybe ...between them " approach majority girls nock them back " yak in thai hom or kem . Loud non stop on phone's as if we all need to know they own one " look  at me  thing i have a phone " or yelling at each other which is talking for them " pushing or jumping quess  like back home " real quality tourisim " spend stuff all . Im a quater cast indian i find most r abnocoius loud annoying out side there own country real quality tourists and spenders oo2 thb bracket same group as chinese except for some reason lady boys manage to rob the Chinese of there large gold chains just purchased ' i wonder why "" insurance After 3 days off they all go , and wait for the next lot to arrive Amazing thailand do they show the 20 000 thb at immigration???

Edited by Mad mick
Spelling errors

Switzerland attracted the high-income earners from India by running an entire season of soap opera sequels (Bollywood stuff) in the Swiss alps. Import of filming equipment was facilitated, many sponsors ensured the costs remained manageable (free hotel accommodation, meals, transportation for actors and the TV crew) which resulted in sky-rocketing arrivals of high income earners in Switzerland. 

Among more than one billion Indians (< 1'000'000'000) you are busy like hell if you attend to 1% of 1% of 1% of them. 

Worked beautifully - but here they need import licenses, work permits, visa to be obtained in person etc. etc. etc. and THB 20'000 upon arrival in cash! Get your act together before it is too late - me thinks! 

8 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Switzerland attracted the high-income earners from India by running an entire season of soap opera sequels (Bollywood stuff) in the Swiss alps. Import of filming equipment was facilitated, many sponsors ensured the costs remained manageable (free hotel accommodation, meals, transportation for actors and the TV crew) which resulted in sky-rocketing arrivals of high income earners in Switzerland.

Switzerland is the destination for rich.

Thailand is not, and never will be. It's not clean enough, service is often non-existent etc... Not that I don't like Thailand, I do ... but if I had millions in bank I think nobody would see me here again.

Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Have they completely given up on attracting tourists who spend money?

If they can only attract very low spenders, hotels and restaurants will adjust to low spenders and therefore not appeal to affluent tourists, resulting in a downward spiral, a race to the bottom in attraction.

A perfect example of TAT favouring quantity over quality. They need a new metric on success: How much money is spent in Paragon, Central, Hilton, and expensive shows such as Fantasea, etc.

This is where income is made, and Indian tourists are absent.

For those who are pro Indian: Absolutely there are lots who are very rich, very nice, very educated, very great people. And those are not the ones who are going to be lured in by TAT. They are smart and rich enough to spend their money elsewhere.

There is lot of misleading information about Indians...

1. Indians like to travel Europe not Asia on their holiday vacations.They have enough money for that(so dont worry for your tip when you go back to your country and see yourself in your real life)

2. Indian education standard is way much higher than Farangs who can't even speak proper English and think themself superior in Thailand.

3. Indians are much better tourist than farangs who are begging on roads and selling their baby pictures for money.Totally shameful.

4. Indians respect women alot . And thats also true some are totally ridicolous who spoiling Indians image by misbehaving with women. Sorry for that.And I think such morons are everywhere in the world.

So dont judge all Indians on that.