webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BasalBanality said:

A side from the mild arthritic discomfort in my left knee, I am in relative good health. 

And how are you today?

I am good, but there seems to be something wrong with your moral compass and your understanding of evolutionary theory and the idea of survival of the fittest :smile:

Just now, PremiumLane said:

I am good, but there seems to be something wrong with your moral compass and your understanding of evolutionary theory and the idea of survival of the fittest :smile:

My moral compass is reserved for those who deserves to be referenced by it.

As far as Darwinism is concerned, it is a matter of perspective.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

as horrible as this sounds, lets hope this is not a totally random attack and that there was some history with these people.

i live in Hua Hin and besides the one off bombings and the rare drunk tourist versus Thai fights, we don't have much of a problem here, but the idea of being set upon for no reason at all is really scary to me.

Yeah, you just have to worry about packs of rabid dogs roaming the streets.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I've lived in Khon Kaen for 12 years, and have always felt safer than when I lived in UK. I also walk around the lake early evening, and never see any youths congregating, only the stray dogs, and even they don't bother you if you are inside the perimeter of the lake.

Oh, you personally weren't bothered, so every thing is fine then!

I personally was never shot, so I guess, guns don't exist!

I really don't get, what these kind of comments actually want to say?!

Just now, DM07 said:

I think he's trying to say he feels safe there. if you have encountered problems yourself you should report them to the police

4 minutes ago, DM07 said:

most kids that are riding motorcyles and getting drunk at night time don't have a very high social status and are very easy to deal with your local police. the dogs? if one is being to aggressive shoot it, the others will learn

My son first told me 2 months ago?  a incident to a student in his class. He was going to school in Pattaya, Soi Nernpludwan at the railroad intersection when a sword welding kid in another school uniform attack his classmate. The classmate wasn't hurt badly but had to go to the emergency. My son said the school told him to wear a regular shirt when coming and going until further noticed.

Since then I noticed a number of incidents like this throughout Thailand?

5 hours ago, BasalBanality said:

Evolutionary instinct, survival of the fittest, at least nature is sorting itself out.

Yeah, it looks like the attackers are using sticks like they did a few 1000 years ago.

Guess not much has changed since?

I bet the recipient is not feeling to fit now to want to survive another beating tho??

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

My son first told me 2 months ago?  a incident to a student in his class. He was going to school in Pattaya, Soi Nernpludwan at the railroad intersection when a sword welding kid in another school uniform attack his classmate. The classmate wasn't hurt badly but had to go to the emergency. My son said the school told him to wear a regular shirt when coming and going until further noticed.

Since then I noticed a number of incidents like this throughout Thailand?

its been going on for years. I remember waiting for a bus at victory monument when some kid was running for his life and the kids chasing him with machetes or what looked like machetes. that was mid afternoon around 18 years ago I guess. same crap happens in uk. post code wars. sad really. we used to just have punch ups with rival schools. nobody wanted to see anyone in hospital

Read a lot of these reports and I can only recall 2 such reports where Khon Kaen was mentioned and s shocking incident took place.

1. The girl who was chopped up by other girls 

2. This incident.

I think the place is safer than most areas. I hope so anyway

No doubt the poor guy is dating someones x girlfriend, i.e. she ditched him and moved onto to better pastures, and he can't move on, needing his buddies to come in and teach this poor guy a lesson, 7 on 1 sounds about right, the small dick syndrome has spread fast throughout Thailand, faster than I anticipated.

Hope they catch them all, put them in full view of the public, no sunglasses or hats, and send them to 10 years each, might just send a clear message, ooooops, sorry, forgot where I was again 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

4 hours ago, tonray said:

There is a contingent of teens who hang out by Bueng Kaen Nakhon early evening, smoking weed and pounding beers...I usually would get the hell out of there when they started to congregate as they looked like a crew who could start some serious trouble.

They can, they will.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Read a lot of these reports and I can only recall 2 such reports where Khon Kaen was mentioned and s shocking incident took place.

1. The girl who was chopped up by other girls 

2. This incident.

I think the place is safer than most areas. I hope so anyway

i haven't been to khon kaen for years. I went to nong khai last year to sort a visa but I missed the closing time. asked for local hotel which is a short walk from the crossing. booked in and went to eat at pretty much the only place that had its lights on. asked the waiter is there anywhere to go out as stuck here for the night. they were closing up. his mate another waiter pulls up in his pick up says lets go. went to a great little bar with pool. they didn't take a baht from me. nice music. nice place. 2am I said I should go as need to cross the border in the morning barman says wait. 5 minutes later another pick up turns up and takes me back to hotel. money offered, none taken. not so bad right? Thailand is a great place

I think they knew him from the actions of the attackers.

Not a random attack.

Maybe they were looking to find a victim from another school and then everyone had a go at the poor student when they found one.

They must find the attackers and punish them severely,

Just now, hobobo said:

Does anything justify this kind of attack?

well yes actually but i'm sure that lad didn't deserve it. you can spot the real retard wanna be hard men on that video by the way they walk and dress. they'll get theirs rest assured. they have nothing to lose so end up in the monkey house eating shit and wasting away

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

I think he's trying to say he feels safe there. if you have encountered problems yourself you should report them to the police

I know, what he wants to say!

I am questioning, what sense it makes to state, that you personally feel safe, when the story is about 7 guys ganging up on one guy and hacking him to death with knives! 

Just now, DM07 said:

I am questioning, what sense it makes to state, that you personally feel safe, when the story is about 7 guys ganging up on one guy and hacking him to death with knives! 

Maybe he was reacting to the title the poster or press used to exaggerate the issue on Khon kaen which is a bit unfair IMO. Is khon Kaen really scary? does it deserve such a negative comment or perhaps the real issue is the country wide epidemic of gang culture which is the real issue and continues to be ignored it would appear.

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I missed the part where it said he died !

English not your strong point ?

29 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

it's simply Thainess: There is no way for Thais to calm down and control themselves. It's just a violent, uneducated folk.

Thaivsaforumess - the inability for some posters to calm down and control themselves, ending up think that all Thais act and think the same

11 minutes ago, DM07 said:

did he get hacked to death. I must have missed that part.