Canadian woman arrested for ‘stealing’ nail polish in Pattaya

webfact

9 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Study found out that upper middle, and upper class are shoplifters. Because they materials, and don't like to pay.

Middle and lower and middle class don't steal anything, because they are happy with what they have, and buy only those are affordable.

Many high class hotels, set the room rents along with amount of goods they lose from guest, that's why they are expensive.

Study no good.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Study found out that upper middle, and upper class are shoplifters. Because they materials, and don't like to pay.

Middle and lower and middle class don't steal anything, because they are happy with what they have, and buy only those are affordable.

Many high class hotels, set the room rents along with amount of goods they lose from guest, that's why they are expensive.

So you are saying she is Upper Middle or Upper? Hmmm.

We Canadians are known to be tight fisted but very few of us have the need to steal. What an idiot to come to Thailand of all places and jeopardize yourself with petty theft. Shame on her. 

One would anyone defend this moron? did she steal or did she not ? Whether Thai's Russians Chinese Indians Brits Aussies are bad or not is not the subject of discussion? She stole so she committed a crime and in somebody else's country.

2 observations;

1. All this bad news about Pattaya, why would anyone want to visit the place. Is there nothing redeeming?

2. I notice the womans name does not seem so stereotypical Aussie, perhaps she was visiting her homeland?

2 observations;
1. All this bad news about Pattaya, why would anyone want to visit the place. Is there nothing redeeming?
2. I notice the womans name does not seem so stereotypical Aussie, perhaps she was visiting her homeland?

1. Why would someone shoplifting put anyone off visiting Pattaya?

2. She's Canadian.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

1. Why would someone shoplifting put anyone off visiting Pattaya?

2. She's Canadian.

Oopsie, my bad, I have no idea where Australia came into it. Maybe they changed the country to make me look bad. :shock1:  555 But the name sure sounds Canadian also, 

my comment was not about a shoplifter, but several bad stories about Pattaya most every day. Shitty beaches, foreigners killed, etc etc. 

oh I read she stole more than just nail polish

No doubt she will get used to no make up in jail, absolutely stupid thing to do, especially from a farang in a foreign country, let alone any country, stealing is a crime, even as small as it is, if your going to steal, make it worth your while.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:24 AM, R123 said:

"They said foreign tourists often stole from shop so they had to closely monitor them."

A prejudicial remark and so the  Thai shoppers never steal......right?! 

Almost right . Its fairly uncommon here because the locals know that the penalties are severe . Its usually dumb tourists who dont realize the shit they are getting into when they are charged with theft in Thailand . A jail sentence and large fine . Serves the stupid cow right in my opinion .