Chonburi school director - whacking students is necessary and has been agreed

webfact

1 hour ago, lust said:

I believe hitting should be legal but every teacher must be given the same tool, such as like a fly swater or something for up to year 6. Something that will make the punishment regulated, but enough for the child to understand "no". 

If the students aren't up to par by grade 7, the government should mandate that the parents must assume responsibility and are subject to public lashings. Perhaps then we would get some proper parenting. =)

Thanks to dipshits like My Mate Nate, there is a huge lack of respect from kids these days. Some kids just need a little physical enforcement. =D

As a teacher I can say that I have never needed to assault a child. 

Violence is not the way to gain children's respect. 

Good teaching is. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Hit my kid and see what happens.  I might end up in jail, but I guarantee the teacher would end up in the hospital

Yeah right, keep us updated on how that one works out for you! 

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

It will never happen to my kid. At the beginning of every term, my wife warns them and to communicate with us if my child needs correcting.

Every teacher is shown this document. Feel free to print and LAMINATE. 

Thai Law against canning.pdf

Just exactly how does canning kids work- at what point is the tin opened and how do they breathe?  :shock1:

Shame TV did not put the video on for you to view 4 or 5 times my backside it was an onslaught the guy is a criminal I would love to teach him for 5 mins he would never do that again that is for sure

Edited by wakeupplease

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Surprise, surprise !

Four times appears off limits ! :coffee1:

It's all off limits - against MoE rules and actually illegal.

But these School Directors seem to do as they please in their little fiefdoms. And the inept uninterested police can't be bothered to enforce the law and arrest offenders.

So here we have a senior educationalist saying it's perfectly alright to break the law, ignore the rules set by the government, assault children as you wish and be proud of it.

And people wonder what's wrong.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

That explains why almost every adult here believe only violence can solve his/her problems. They were taught so since pre-school.

Actually the best post so far with some real insight. 

Thailand is not paradise- has a huge firearms /  violence / knife problem - all rather swept under the carpet.- you may be right. 

As a teacher in the UK in one of the most deprived areas in London- I had occasionally had to deal with fights - even riots in my classroom. We never ever touched the kids- that was for security staff . They could beat hell out of each other- but the possible risk of a court case / disciplinary action / loosing your job etc if you actually made contact with a student was too great. 

I was beaten at school for not doing my Latin homework - my Mum was furious , but in those days corporal punishment was legal . Didn't do me much good- I failed my Latin 'O ' level. Of course later in life I revisited Latin and now are fluent .

Edited by peterb17
Spelling

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ignorant ****

Exactly! If the director of a school openly admits that it is OK to break the law, what chance is there for his students to grow into adults knowing right from wrong?

3 hours ago, docshock13 said:
3 hours ago, katana said:

Here's the clip on Youtube:

That is a serious beating. And not just 2, 3 or 5 light taps as the headmaster would have everyone believe. 

What a sadistic prik. 

The pupil is off camera but according to the title in red on the video, it was a female student who received the beating. This seems to contradict the OP's story it was a boy, however, if true it's even worse. On one of the screen captures it does look like a girl.

Edited by katana

22 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Actually the best post so far with some real insight. 

Thailand is not paradise- has a huge firearms /  violence / knife problem - all rather swept under the carpet.- you may be right. 

As a teacher in the UK in one of the most deprived areas in London- I had occasionally had to deal with fights - even riots in my classroom. We never ever touched the kids- that was for security staff . They could beat hell out of each other- but the possible risk of a court case / disciplinary action / loosing your job etc if you actually made contact with a student was too great. 

I was beaten at school for not doing my Latin homework - my Mum was furious , but in those days corporal punishment was legal . Didn't do me much good- I failed my Latin 'O ' level. Of course later in life I revisited Latin and now are fluent .

Sorry, but if you were a teacher, surely you should know how to write proper English?

"Of course later in life I revisited Latin and now are fluent ."

Should that not read:-  "Of course later in life I revisited Latin and now am fluent."?

(Present tense - "I am, you are, he, she or it is)

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Sorry, but if you were a teacher, surely you should know how to write proper English?

Should that not read:-  "Of course later in life I revisited Latin and now am fluent."?

Scilicet in vita postea repetiit Latine Ego sum, et nunc fluens.

31 minutes ago, JAG said:

Scilicet in vita postea repetiit Latine Ego sum, et nunc fluens.

Thought this was an English Forum! :-

"English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.
While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts............"

This back and forth has me wondering what the "spare the rod and spoil the child" group has had in regards to a successful life compared to the opposite group.

I.E. is there empirical data that one group is scraping by here in the Kingdom because it's cheap and they're working their tails off in a low paying job because of how they were brought up?  Can we point at the fact that receiving corporal punishment makes for a stronger constitution and not receiving it results in a more lassiez faire attitude towards life?  Or is the opposite true?  Does receiving that punishment retard the growth that everyone needs and thus disadvantages those people compared to the non punished folks?

2 hours ago, katana said:

The pupil is off camera but according to the title in red on the video, it was a female student who received the beating. This seems to contradict the OP's story it was a boy, however, if true it's even worse. On one of the screen captures it does look like a girl.

MY Thai isn't good enough to decipher what the teacher is saying as he has clearly lost his cool and is almost screaming.  It seemed like he was reading from a list, but a list of what?  List of pupils who had to, presumably, come up front and receive their beating?  List of offences that one unfortunate girl had committed and had to receive the allotted number of strokes  for each offence?

If the latter, that was not discipline, it was a vicious, premeditated and totally un-called for assault on a young girl.

If I was her father, I would absolutely be after his head.

I remember reading today that three Vietnamese"British" men received far less strokes in Singapore for the forceful rape of a young woman!

49 minutes ago, saminoz said:

MY Thai isn't good enough to decipher what the teacher is saying as he has clearly lost his cool and is almost screaming.  It seemed like he was reading from a list, but a list of what?  List of pupils who had to, presumably, come up front and receive their beating?  List of offences that one unfortunate girl had committed and had to receive the allotted number of strokes  for each offence?

If the latter, that was not discipline, it was a vicious, premeditated and totally un-called for assault on a young girl.

If I was her father, I would absolutely be after his head.

I remember reading today that three Vietnamese"British" men received far less strokes in Singapore for the forceful rape of a young woman!

Looking at the clip again I think it was not one pupil but as you say, a series of pupils, some of them girls, being beaten for various infractions.

There's hardly a week that goes by without one of these stories being revealed. 

Scary in itself, but what scares me even more is how many similar incidents go unnoticed or unreported? The general public only knows about this case because it was recorded and uploaded. 

Personally I'm 50/50 about a child getting a slap on the hands or behind as a disciplinary measure - if all else fails. However,  beatings and other forms of abuse are simply uncalled for and absolutely unacceptable. 

The nuns tortured us in elementary school - making us kneel on uncooked rice; having us make 100 snowballs without gloves; them hitting us with heavy rulers; them stomping on our squirt guns; them confiscating our pea shooters and firecrackers. Did it make me a better person? Yes. It turned me into an atheist. Then I had four years in an all-boys high school being knocked about by the Brothers of Holy Cross. I ended up in Pattaya. Enough said.

6 hours ago, sambum said:

Beat him and the grammer police!

Can not or should not?

Thank you teacher for your lesson, English is not my first language, hope you don't try to hit me with the stick becouse of grammatical error. Whatever, everybody should understand the message of my post.