Trump's attacks could leave him friendless if impeachment comes

webfact

Have been in the gym for a while so I'll have look at newsnow to see what Trumps been up to in the last couple of Hours.He may have declared war on Argentina as he has just heard they have Invaded the Falkland islands which the Don thinks in the English channel

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, impulse said:

The difference between a Tillerson (or Gates, or...) and a Clinton is that Tillerson has made his nugget and won't still be haunting Washington doing $500,000 speaking engagements in return for favors 20 years later.  I'm going to discuss here as if it is Tillerson, but he may not be the guy.

With no lifelong designs on the DC money trough, he won't be looking at every single word and deed and backroom deal with an eye toward how it will affect his piggy bank over the next few decades.  He won't be making compromises to guarantee decades of government and corporate pork coming his way.  He's made his money.  Now, he wants to insure his legacy.

The fact that he's an outsider is a plus.  But the real attraction in my mind is that he wants to take time away from a successful career to serve the country and not the party and the special interests at the expense of the country.  Then, he wants to go back to his life.  That's what the founding fathers envisioned when they framed the system.  Not career politicians hauling around an entourage that cares about staying in power and the spoils more than they care about the country.

Gates would never run. Nor would Buffet. Tillerson? He's not worth thatmuch. Guaranteed he'd be doing 500k speaking engagements. He's all about money.

Not being a billionaire myself , not even once over , I'm  not sure how they work but I'm almost sure that to achieve such wealth

you are supposed to have , not friends but a series of friendly aquaintances  - people   you  befriend or shun depending  on how things are going

or how you may think they go in the future.

Personally I always preffered  having a few beers down the pub with my mates !

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Gates would never run. Nor would Buffet. Tillerson? He's not worth thatmuch. Guaranteed he'd be doing 500k speaking engagements. He's all about money.

But unlike Hill and Bill, he wouldn't be coming to DC virtually bankrupt, with lawsuits and possible prosecutions hanging over him.  Kind of tough to drive a hard bargain with that bunch of skeletons in the closet.  But again, I don't think Tillerson is the guy either.  He's just an example of the genre- and maybe not a good one.  The citizen leader who goes to DC to serve the country, not suck it dry.

42 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Not quite.  Some people voted for Trump, many just voted against Clinton and some didn't vote at all.  I would think a vast amount of people who voted for Trump have their head in their hands and realise what a terrible mistake it was.  That is why he now has the lowest popularity rating of any POTUS that has gone before him.

He got half of the votes. So doesn't matter WHO voted for him. It's a shame anyway

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

But unlike Hill and Bill, he wouldn't be coming to DC virtually bankrupt, with lawsuits and possible prosecutions hanging over him.  Kind of tough to drive a hard bargain with that bunch of skeletons in the closet.  But again, I don't think Tillerson is the guy either.  He's just an example of the genre- and maybe not a good one.  The citizen leader who goes to DC to serve the country, not suck it dry.

I think what would be better is an insider who knows how to navigate Washington. And ready to make the necessary changes. Sadly, Congress needs to be part of this and they are completely dysfunctional.  LOL

Tough times!

:jap:

30 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I think what would be better is an insider who knows how to navigate Washington. And ready to make the necessary changes. Sadly, Congress needs to be part of this and they are completely dysfunctional.  LOL

The problem is that anyone whose been there that long has probably been drawn into the Matrix.  Or at least, corrupted by the system.  You can't live with yourself for long in a system like that unless you surrender to it. 

Edit:  I liken it to my moving to Asia.  I know better than to do it.  I promised myself I'd never do it.  I try real hard not to do it.  But I haven't met anyone who's lived her awhile that doesn't pick up some pidgin English.

Edited by impulse

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

The problem is that anyone whose been there that long has probably been drawn into the Matrix.  Or at least, corrupted by the system.  You can't live with yourself for long in a system like that unless you surrender to it. 

I think there are some who truly want a better America and are willing to work for it. I'm a half glass full guy.  LOL.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I think there are some who truly want a better America and are willing to work for it. I'm a half glass full guy.  LOL.

I'm sure there are, but their political consultants won't let them do anything that may stop the special interest money from flowing in, or anything that could possible be credited to the other side of the aisle.  And even if their consultant relented, the parties' hatchet men would overrule them.

1 hour ago, Jack100 said:

Not being a billionaire myself , not even once over , I'm  not sure how they work but I'm almost sure that to achieve such wealth

you are supposed to have , not friends but a series of friendly aquaintances  - people   you  befriend or shun depending  on how things are going

or how you may think they go in the future.

Personally I always preffered  having a few beers down the pub with my mates !

Trump had a rich daddy, that is where the money came from

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Trump had a rich daddy, that is where the money came from

Trump grew an approx. 200 million into more than three billion (at one point it was four and a half, but fluctuating global real estate constantly moves the number) while creating a global brand.  He hasn't sat on his laurels.  He is highly successful.  It's time to live with this fact.

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

Trump grew an approx. 200 million into more than three billion (at one point it was four and a half, but fluctuating global real estate constantly moves the number) while creating a global brand.  He hasn't sat on his laurels.  He is highly successful.  It's time to live with this fact.

if I had 200 million even if was baht I'd retire. I think you are mixing up success with greed

4 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

As has been pointed out, if he just invested that in index funds the result would have been the same. And he trashed the business his father left him. Banks wouldn't lend to him. But it seems that dubious Russians lanudering their money did.

4 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

if I had 200 million even if was baht I'd retire. I think you are mixing up success with greed

No, I am not.  Making billions legally does not equate to greed, at least to me.  Everyone has different definitions of what is enough money have. 

4 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

As has been pointed out, if he just invested that in index funds the result would have been the same. And he trashed the business his father left him. Banks wouldn't lend to him. But it seems that dubious Russians lanudering their money did.

just anther irrelevant comparison in attempt to diminish his massive success... and the russians have nothing to do with it, as does chronically making connections where none exist. it's time for an new hobby, you're starting to sound like russell crowe's character in 'a beautiful mind'.

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

No, I am not.  Making billions legally does not equate to greed, at least to me.  Everyone has different definitions of what is enough money have. 

hard work ??

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Can't be bothered to be fair, you win well done Trumps a level headed hard working, never ripped anyone off, saint he doesn't appear to know his arse from his elbow now he's president though

Edited by Dave67

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're totally wrong. Studies have shown the main reason trump  won was WHITE resentment. He milked the racism the republicans have been playing with for a very long time, as in Nixon's southern strategy. Racism can be put on the political spectrum. It's right wing.

He won because people are sick of America being given away

6 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

He won because people are sick of America being given away

Yeah, now it can be sold to the highest bidder with Donny John making some good money off these deals.

5 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

What deals. Oh yeah the deals that have kept american jobs

Yeah, those same American jobs being shipped to Mexico.

Trump's Carrier deal is not living up to the hype — jobs still going to Mexico

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/trumps-carrier-jobs-deal-is-just-not-living-up-to-the-hype.html

Also, all those lovely Russia deals for the past 3 decades which Donny John so likes to forget now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-business.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-21/trump-russia-and-those-shadowy-sater-deals-at-bayrock

Yes indeed, no longer giving it away, it now comes with kick backs as well.