How and where to watch the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, KunMatt said:

He went 10 rounds with the best ever on his first fight. It as real life Rocky 1

He was wilting after Round 5. The only reason he was still standing was that Mayweather is a class act and was being over cautious as he  wanted to retire at 50-0.

I lost all respect for McGregor after his rude obnoxious disrespect of Mayweather. Zero class displayed by this uncouth dick. Mayweather was and remained a gentleman. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayweather just proved a point,you can not as a wannabee boxer beat a pro at his own game.

He took his time and was never one second in trouble,Gregor got slowly taking apart.If the ref. would not have stopped the fight Gregor would still be out.

16 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

A Good UFC Fighter like McGregor can use his hands, feet, knees and elbows, as well put a good sleeper hold on him or tackel the guy to the gound and do some Ground and Pound. So if this was the rules he would stand a good chance. 

But McGregor agreed to a boxing match with one of the worlds best, in Mayweather. Nice to think McGregor has a good chance and pulls off the upset of the century over Mayweather. That would be good for sport to. 

But the reality of it all is McGregor doesn't stand a hope in hell against Mayweather. His biggest accommplishment would be able to last 5 rounds without getting knocked out, and I don't think he will make this unless the Ref stops the fight first.

We all mostly like McGregor, and Mayweather, but it is time to get real here. 

And wham bam you were vindicated. :)

He was wilting after Round 5. The only reason he was still standing was that Mayweather is a class act and was being over cautious as he  wanted to retire at 50-0.

I lost all respect for McGregor after his rude obnoxious disrespect of Mayweather. Zero class displayed by this uncouth dick. Mayweather was and remained a gentleman. 

You're supposed to judge fighters by how they handle their wins and losses. Not on their pre fight hype.

You understand which one is real and which one is for hype, right?

Rude obnoxious disrespect of mayweather was the best bit?

53 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

That was all done for publicity and promotion of the fight

One thing is for sure. It was the most exciting boxing match I've watched in about 10 years.

Respect to Conor for coming into this game and doing what he did. It wasn't the spectacle everyone said it was going to be and Conor held his own for a while there.

Now the trilogy with Nate next or whipping Paulie in boxing??

I'm no boxing expert & don't watch this sport much, but clearly mcgregor has limited boxing skills.

Puny jabs that left no bruising at all on Mayweather. The round before the fight was stopped was a predictable outcome, no energy to even keep his guard up.

Happy to see this big headed loudmouth finished off

I'm no boxing expert & don't watch this sport much, but clearly mcgregor has limited boxing skills.
Puny jabs that left no bruising at all on Mayweather. The round before the fight was stopped was a predictable outcome, no energy to even keep his guard up.

Happy to see this big headed loudmouth finished off

And I'm happy that you admit you're not a fan so your opinion is worth much less.

Correct?

The reason everyone wanted to see the fight was because of the pre-fight stuff. Anyone one of us would be talking trash making a ass of ourselves for 100 million. The trash talking is the hardest work to generate the revenue and the share chance he might get in a lucky punch get so frustrated he body slams or end up throw a round house kick is why we wanted to see it?

I give him credit he earn his money there have been guys along Mayweather route to 49 that didn't show as much. For the money he accepted all the rules of pure boxing except shaving the beard and found out it is a whole different ballgame.

Mayweather, whether you like him or not comes and does what he does never deviate from it majority of his fight as the same including Pacman. I've watch his last two fights at Weatherspoons and hear guys get upset about him running. He came out did what he always does after the 3rd round Conor was spend, his face and body said it all. Simple body punches, innocent punches thrown to the shoulder blade area, a punch to the side of the hip all done to produce a result. By the fourth he came out and found out the affects, barely could lift his arms punches had no power.

If the fight ended early before their beers were finished there would have been a riot.

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What a waste of time, effort and energy that was. 

Dull and absolutely nothing about it was unpredictable. 

Hype and bs combined to make two extremely wealthy individuals even richer. 

Totally different audience these days. Today's boxing promoters and organizers should move to the Hollywood studios.

Kung Foo Man VS Boxing King and all that crap.

Edited by maxpower

36 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Totally different audience these days. Today's boxing promoters and organizers should move to the Hollywood studios.

Kung Foo Man VS Boxing King and all that crap.

It was a waste of time. 

Both are/were top top in their field, but this crossover bs match was pointless. 

Mcgregor is a brilliant mma fighter but he is not a pure boxer like mayweather is. 

It was never ever going to match the hype. 

It was a waste of time. 

Both are/were top top in their field, but this crossover bs match was pointless. 

Mcgregor is a brilliant mma fighter but he is not a pure boxer like mayweather is. 

I've never been so interested or excited about a boxing match for at least 10 years.

Nice for boxing fans to have a bit of MMA excitement for change. They deserve it after all the dull fights they've sat through.

It was a waste of time. 

So did you win a lot of money with your correct prediction....or are you just speaking with the advantage of hindsight?

29 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

I've never been so interested or excited about a boxing match for at least 10 years.

Nice for boxing fans to have a bit of MMA excitement for change. They deserve it after all the dull fights they've sat through.

I wouldn't get too excited. McGregor once knocked out an opponent in about 19 seconds of the first round. After paying $60 and seeing that happen to McGregor this time, it could be a big disappointment. 

It could also turn into and exciting fight, but I wouldn't gamble and pay $60 to find that out. 

I wouldn't get too excited. McGregor once knocked out an opponent in about 19 seconds of the first round. After paying $60 and seeing that happen to McGregor this time, it could be a big disappointment. 

It could also turn into and exciting fight, but I wouldn't gamble and pay $60 to find that out. 

You are talking about when Conor KOd the 10 year undefeated champion and won the title in 13 seconds. I literally looked away for a second to talk to someone and missed it.

I've never paid for a UFC PPV. I always go and watch it somewhere with a crowd if it's an event I want to see.

16 minutes ago, Gregster said:

So did you win a lot of money with your correct prediction....or are you just speaking with the advantage of hindsight?

I don't gamble.

Never have, never will.

It's for idiots. 

Not hindsight. Anyone could see how this bs fight would go. 

41 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

The build up was all the excitement offered. 

I found the fight itself dull

16 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

You are talking about when Conor KOd the 10 year undefeated champion and won the title in 13 seconds. I literally looked away for a second to talk to someone and missed it.

I've never paid for a UFC PPV. I always go and watch it somewhere with a crowd if it's an event I want to see.

I do agree it would be more exciting to see live. But I think Ring Side Seats are selling (scalped) for a couple of hundred thousands dollars, so that blows me out of that arena. But to make money, I guess they need to charge these kind of prices.

When the Purse bewteen the 2 fighters is somewhere around 300 Million Dollars, I don't think the biggest gamble is on which fighter wins or loses. To me it looks like both fighters are for sure winners here. The biggest gamble is on the Promotors and it will be interesting to see if they can raise enough money to even pay them. 

I don't gamble.

Never have, never will.

It's for idiots. 

I also could see how this fight would go.

Sorry to hear you made zilch from an event that many, including you and me, considered to be a foregone conclusion.

I rarely bet, but I bet a lot on this mismatch.

Thank you Mayweather for paying for my forthcoming overseas trip...and spending money xoxo

Sorry to hear you made zilch from an event that many, including you and me, considered to be a foregone conclusion.

Thank you Mayweather for paying for my forthcoming overseas trip...and spending money xoxo

I bet you were nervous for the first 4 rounds! [emoji16]

39 minutes ago, Gregster said:

There is always of course the "Lucky Punch".  Mc Gregor got one of those when he won a bout in 19 seconds. 

But then Mayweather is known as perhaps the best Defensive Fighter ever, with 49 Wins under his belt, and no Loses. So he doesn't give anyone a chance for "Lucky Punches". 

I don't gamble.

Never have, never will.

It's for idiots. 

Who dont take high risks don't drink champagne.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk