Interpol issues “Blue Notice” to member countries to locate Red Bull heir

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Thaksin has been abroad now for more than 10 years.  Do you expect him to come back soon and face justice soon?

When you're very wealthy exile is hardly onerous.

Its completely and obviously different which anyone with half a brain cell could see. It is onerous when they want to be at home in Thailand with their childhood friends who they grew up with, their family and being somewhere they are the big dogs.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Its completely and obviously different which anyone with half a brain cell could see. It is onerous when they want to be at home in Thailand with their childhood friends who they grew up with, their family and being somewhere they are the big dogs.

My heart bleeds for the "onerous" life that they have to lead! They could always pay for their childhood friends to come and visit - I don't think the money would be a problem! And they probably are "big dogs" wherever they are - money talks volumes! 

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

You think Thaksin has friends?

3 hours ago, hathairat2711 said:

Yes, many news reports have indeed stated that a 'red notice' was issued last Monday.

And all of them have quoted the Thai police as the source of the information.  Would be nice to get some independent confirmation.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:13 AM, Oxx said:

When I checked a few days ago, not a single notice for a Thai national had been raised with Interpol by Thailand.  It would appear that Thailand is very reluctant to use Interpol, for whatever reason.  This Blue Notice is quite exceptional, even if it is insufficient.

They are above Interpol... how could a foreigner know more? 

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

I checked the Interpol database earlier and there were no notifications posted for Yingluck either. ???

She has not yet been convicted of any crime.  The verdict will be given late September.

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I checked the Interpol database earlier and there were no notifications posted for Yingluck either. ???

Apart from not having the courts verdict yet, why would she have any Interpol interdiction requests? Her big brother doesn't. Interpol doesn't do politically motivated tracking (blue notice) or apprehension ahead of extradition (red notice).

On 8/30/2017 at 8:25 PM, Oxx said:

She has not yet been convicted of any crime.  The verdict will be given late September.

Somebody stated that jumping bail was enough for a notification, and I thought the government had said they notified Interpol.

Is that incorrect?

On 8/30/2017 at 10:49 PM, NanLaew said:

Apart from not having the courts verdict yet, why would she have any Interpol interdiction requests? Her big brother doesn't. Interpol doesn't do politically motivated tracking (blue notice) or apprehension ahead of extradition (red notice).

Exactly.It's laughable how some  of our members not only misunderstand Interpol but also the external world's perceptions.Yingluck is seen overseas as a former democratically elected PM ousted by undemocratic means.Thailand is the world's ONLY military d........ship.Overall since Thailand is not that important in the scheme of things, nobody is going to worry very much.But Yingluck is never going to be extradited.

Turning to the Red Bull guy, my bet is that he will b e returned one way or the other to face the music.Prayuth and his colleagues might well figure that in PR terms making an example of him loses them nothing but could gain them quite a lot.But who knows - I have heard more indignation about this from foreigners than Thais (who don't like it but seem to shrug it off)?

8 hours ago, GBW said:

in this day and age, how fkn hard is it to find a criminal?

Depends if you really, really want to find them! Lots of them, of all nationalities, from all countries apparently in Bangkok Nana district!