Hunt continues for Yingluck’s assets, more seizures expected

webfact

Hunt continues for Yingluck’s assets, more seizures expected

By The Nation

a5e56c3a5a0230810e89b22f47be9805.jpg

File photo: Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Permanent Secretary Somchai Sujjapongse said on Friday the Finance Ministry was continuing to search for more of ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets and would seize what it found.

He did not reveal the worth of her assets already frozen.

The ministry last year ordered Yingluck to pay the state Bt35.7 billion, representing 20 per cent of the cost of the controversial rice-subsidy scheme initiated during her tenure.

It issued an administrative order to freeze Yingluck’s assets. 

Her request to the Administrative Court to  grant an injunction against all assets seizures was denied.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30324860

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-25

hopefully they will seize everything in Thailand and leave her with nothing, the family home needs to be included as well, they always seem to leave these people with more than enough to live comfortably, the only way they will deter people from screwing Thailand over is by taking absolutely everything they own. Anyone that believes she is innocent is brain dead and incapable of rational thinking after all the evidence has been put forward, they simply use innuendo and lies produced by the reds/ptp to try to confuse people. The sooner the shins are wiped from Thailand the better, between them and the yellows they have buggered the country

a glance into my crystal ball:

this will be the end of criminal shin family. They will try to let loose their red bloodhounds but to no avail. At last people will find out that they were never interested in democracy nor the people. And never friends of the people for sure

22 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

this will be the end of criminal shin family. They will try to let loose their red bloodhounds but to no avail. At last people will find out that they were never interested in democracy nor the people. And never friends of the people for sure

I disagree....

Yes , that looks like the end of the active role of the Shinawatra family in Thailand ... if justified or not is not up to me to decide ...all politicians are corrupt to some extent , everywhere , no ?

The Shinawatras dared to compare themselves to the only one more powerful family in Thailand , and lost . Of course .

They could not expect any mercy by the man behind all this . Yingluck was informed in time about the outcome of her process and left , before they could put her in prison . She will probably join her brother in Dubai or elsewhere ...

Burt court sentences should be put in relation to the crime commited , and should not be pure revenge ... if this will keep the country peaceful in the long term ? I doubt it ...

ILL gotten gains to become further windfall for Junta and elites...but ZERO for Thailand, Thai people or homeless, hungry children. Not even one satang.

Same Same :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by Skeptic7

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's all gone,look in Switzerland,  Panama,Caymans.

regards worgeordie

you can be sure that the army of lawyers this family employs has been transferring , hiding assets for a long time; long before this trial; likely they are quite good at it

5 hours ago, seajae said:

hopefully they will seize everything in Thailand and leave her with nothing, the family home needs to be included as well, they always seem to leave these people with more than enough to live comfortably, the only way they will deter people from screwing Thailand over is by taking absolutely everything they own. Anyone that believes she is innocent is brain dead and incapable of rational thinking after all the evidence has been put forward, they simply use innuendo and lies produced by the reds/ptp to try to confuse people. The sooner the shins are wiped from Thailand the better, between them and the yellows they have buggered the country

Disagree completely.

Re your last sentence, on the contrary, the "Greens" have buggered this country, now, in the present, and for the last six decades.

Whow a lot of anger you have tell us more about the evidence.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Na Lee said:

Whow a lot of anger you have tell us more about the evidence.

I take it you must be  incapable of reading it for yourself,  has been put up here in news articles for some time now, suggest you try google, it is your friend, anger, I am sick of seeing these people rip off all the thais to enrich themselves and their friends/family

I take it you must be  incapable of reading it for yourself,  has been put up here in news articles for some time now, suggest you try google, it is your friend, anger, I am sick of seeing these people rip off all the thais to enrich themselves and their friends/family

Boy oh boy not only angry but SICK as well.

49 minutes ago, seajae said:

Everyone is sick of seeing whoever is in charge of Thailand line their own pockets, I think that was why a few were concerned when the good general inherited 20 million dollars within days of becoming PM from some old patch of land that his parents had been sat on since the days when they "grew rice and vegetables for a living", I can't see why people would be sceptical of that though, sounds perfectly legit!

In one place I read that they hit a snag in trying to freeze assets, due to that they can´t be found.

Here I read that they are coing to continue to locate and freeze assets. Also that they try to find more.

In my world 0 out of 0 is still going to be 0. Nope, I didn´t use a calculator!

18 hours ago, seajae said:

That is pure and poor nonsense!

To eradicate somebody belongs to terms of long forgotten century.

Also it's impossible to reunite Thailand without reconciliation. And this will not happen with a sentence of 42 years in jail. After Yingluck left the country (with or without support of this army) she will become a martyr for PTP people and the hate, vengeance and fighting will go on. Prayut cemented the separation in Thailand.

it that was really possible, North Korea would already be on it's back.

Thailand's SEC allows Thai securities to be registered in the name of a nominee, and commingled... and does not allow for even the slightest clue to be exposed to any Thai intermediary in the chain.... as to who the beneficial shareholder is. just for using an overseas broker or even the most retail... retail bank.

but those banks and brokers now keep computerized records of all of that, to a T... 24/7/365.... it can be done very very easily.

but it ain't. 

i.e. the Non Discrimination clause of your US tax treaty requires disclosure.
so just do it.

Edited by maewang99

10 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Everyone is sick of seeing whoever is in charge of Thailand line their own pockets, I think that was why a few were concerned when the good general inherited 20 million dollars within days of becoming PM from some old patch of land that his parents had been sat on since the days when they "grew rice and vegetables for a living", I can't see why people would be sceptical of that though, sounds perfectly legit!

And avoided tax by ensuring the BVI was the residential area of the registered legal entity.

Yes , that looks like the end of the active role of the Shinawatra family in Thailand ... if justified or not is not up to me to decide ...all politicians are corrupt to some extent , everywhere , no ?
The Shinawatras dared to compare themselves to the only one more powerful family in Thailand , and lost . Of course .
They could not expect any mercy by the man behind all this . Yingluck was informed in time about the outcome of her process and left , before they could put her in prison . She will probably join her brother in Dubai or elsewhere ...
Burt court sentences should be put in relation to the crime commited , and should not be pure revenge ... if this will keep the country peaceful in the long term ? I doubt it ...

Whatever the outcome would have been.. It will surely be guilty now by her own actions fleeing...
As for your revenge theory. You should review the history relating to the charges without a anti-junta bias.. She was surely negligent and allowed others to profit from this.. Other asian countries are prosecuting their leaders for corruption.. Why should Yl be excused for her misdeeds? Or are you just a junta basher?

17 hours ago, sweatalot said:

The Red brigade of loyal followers will never see the truth behind her & her families pillaging of the country...

the so called poor farmers up north who are still poor cannot understand the truth, just the lies from the party fed to them along with the scraps from the Shinawatra's table to keep them voting!!

21 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The Red brigade of loyal followers will never see the truth behind her & her families pillaging of the country...

the so called poor farmers up north who are still poor cannot understand the truth, just the lies from the party fed to them along with the scraps from the Shinawatra's table to keep them voting!!

Ahhh!  You so smart!  Know truth in Thailand!  Ching Ching?