'Boss' outruns another charge

webfact

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't know about you, but billions or not, having to look around

you and for years and years having to live in fear of being grabbed

by a policeman at any time and detained, sent back in cuffs and

put to trial and sent to jail this is not a life even the most powerfull

and affluent person are envisioning to themselves....

My friend who is in Thai prison says he would gladly change parts... I would too knowing what he goes through every single day.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hathairat2711 said:

Keep up 'webfact', I posted that a red notice had been issued several days ago.

OK, good for you having nothing else to bide your time.

IMHO, this is the best site to keep up to date with current affairs here in Thailand and I'm sure the ThaiVisa news room has better things to do than monitor your posts as do I!

Edited by bdenner

44 minutes ago, Cranky said:

An important lesson was learned at Chappaquidick - Don't drive over narrow bridges when your pissed out of your mind (or with a dodgy brake light if your a fat EPL striker with a stiffy)

and your will-power's all waned . . . absolutely, our kid.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the Criminal Code, reckless driving that leads to death is punishable with a jail term of up to 10 years and a fine of up to Bt20,000. Its statute of limitations period is 15 years.

The very idea that there IS a statute of limitations for a cop killer fugitive is repugnant and sickening.

5 hours ago, Docno said:

The guy already has enough money in his pockets, and dad would likely not betray him. A boycott would mostly hurt innocent factory workers, warehouse crews, truck drivers, distributors, etc., who have mouths to feed. They'd be the first to feel the pain, and they bear no responsibility whatsoever... 

Aw... that earned your halo.... ✌️

Edited by farcanell

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

OK, good for you having nothing else to bide your time.

IMHO, this is the best site to keep up to date with current affairs here in Thailand and I'm sure the ThaiVisa news room has better things to do than monitor your posts as do I!

:cheesy:.... TV news room may have better things to do.... but....apparently you don't...

monitor on, dude ?

27 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:
49 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

The very idea that there IS a statute of limitations for a cop killer fugitive is repugnant and sickening.

And if it was not a policeman killed it would be ok ?

Techno Viking, you must have been listening to too much techno music, and too loud, because your brain is obviously not functioning properly.

Your extremely dumb post is regrettably quite typical of this Forum, ie you make a vicious comment about something another poster DID NOT SAY.

Wouldn't it be nice if people like you understood that a discussion Forum is for discussing, if possible in a gentlemanly manner ? It is NOT a boxing ring, NOT a ranting dump, and most of all NOT a playground for so called adults behaving like 12 year-old little machos.

Why does there have to be a 5-year limit on bringing the spoiled little a-hole to justice? Perhaps it's time to change that law or allow for exceptional circumstances to override it. 

So, once this hideous little man hides out long enough, he can freely walk around in society with full rights and privileges as if nothing ever happened? Amazing Thailand!  

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:
5 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Can someone well versed in law please explain to me (or rather us, as I'm pretty sure I'm not the only here who's totally staggered by this situation) how this 'statute of limitation' thing works ?

How is it even possible that criminals only have to run and wait for the 'statute of limitations' to save their ass ? I know that it doesn't cover every kind of crime, but how come it does cover this one ? (and yes, I know, there are 3 different charges and only 2 have been wiped 'clean' by now, but the third one - the worst - is also due to be erased later on).

There is usually a reason why laws exist, so I'm desperately trying to get my head around this one : what purpose does it serve ?

Almost all justice systems have a statute of limitations. They've been around for about as long as systems of justice have existed.  For instance, in Athens in the 5th century BC, a five-year statute of limitations was established for all cases except homicide and the prosecution of non-constitutional laws. Based on contemporary writings, these statutes of limitations were adopted to control professional accusers from bringing malicious prosecutions long after the event.

The main intent of statutes of limitation is to protect the defendant. I think it's fair to say that they were not designed to protect criminals that flee the jurisdiction, such as in this case.

There are various reasons sometimes given for them, including the following:

• There is a general feeling that to be fair to all involved, cases should be brought it to trial within a reasonable length of time. There's an old saying: "Justice delayed is justice denied".
  • By the time a stale claim is litigated, evidence may have been lost or be no longer reliable, witnesses may have died etc so it may not be possible to provide a fair trial.
  • Litigation of a long-dormant claim may result in more cruelty than justice.

In most legal systems, a statute of limitations restricts when a case may be filed, but so long as a case is filed during the period specified in the statute of limitations, the case may be heard and decided by the court even after that period expires. However based on what I can tell by looking at the Thai legal codes, in Thailand that is not so - the prosecution has to be started AND the person has to brought to court before the time period expires.  This would seem to be a weakness in the Thai Statute of Limitations as compared to many other legal systems.

Also, in many jurisdictions, the statute of limitations does not apply to the more heinous crimes such as murder or rape and there may be exceptions due to the age of a victim etc.  I am not sure whether Thailand has these kinds of exceptions in its legal code.

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to answer my question in great detail. It does help me to figure out the absurdity of the situation in this case.

What's the expression again ... 'third time pays for all' ? ... LOL, before your post, 2 people explained to me what the statute of limitation is. LOL ... Of course they're not supposed to know that I have a Master's degree in Sociology and another one in Political Science, so I believe my brain is functional enough. When I read their obliging explanations I thought I had not phrased my question clearly enough, but then your post proves that at least someone understood what my question was really about : not the letter of the law, which I do know and understand, but about its spirit.

The main problem here in Thailand seems to be that they're applying a law that's utterly dated, while other countries have factored in the fleeing situation, ie when the defendant is on the run, the time he/she spends being uncatchable does not count. This amendment makes perfect sense.

One can only hope that this pathetic 'Boss' charade might wake up some honest souls here (I know there are quite a few in the University system who've had the courage to speak up on other delicate matters) and that they will try to have the law updated.

Edited by Yann55

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't know about you, but billions or not, having to look around

you and for years and years having to live in fear of being grabbed

by a policeman at any time and detained, sent back in cuffs and

put to trial and sent to jail this is not a life even the most powerfull

and affluent person are envisioning to themselves....

He will never have that fear because he knows nothing is going to happen to him. He also doesn't leave the house without private security. No one is grabbing him.

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

Techno Viking, you must have been listening to too much techno music, and too loud, because your brain is obviously not functioning properly.

Your extremely dumb post is regrettably quite typical of this Forum, ie you make a vicious comment about something another poster DID NOT SAY.

Wouldn't it be nice if people like you understood that a discussion Forum is for discussing, if possible in a gentlemanly manner ? It is NOT a boxing ring, NOT a ranting dump, and most of all NOT a playground for so called adults behaving like 12 year-old little machos.

Yeah I replied to what the poster did say, glad you had your 5 seconds of glory up your high horse though.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

He will never have that fear because he knows nothing is going to happen to him. He also doesn't leave the house without private security. No one is grabbing him.

True. No one is grabbing him; no one is even looking for him.  It's all just a show.

Surprised, anyone? Just wondering how much money Red Bull is paying for keeping the little creep on the run and also wondering, if this meets the approval of the Austrian Co-Founder Dietrich Mateschitz. 
If this story breaks in Europe then the customers usually retaliate by boycotting the product, be it sellers or buyers. And, in all fairness, the whole thing has nothing to do with the company but just the little d"ç%khead of the Thai co-founder's grandson. 

Interesting also is who is on the take for this serious amount of money. Let's see in ten years; the police are aware that he killed one of their own - and for much less money someone could sort of get rid of little a"*ç%"*hole by waiting, i.e. in front of his London residence. If I would be him I would be very careful where I go and start looking over my shoulder ..... 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanacharern, deputy spokesman for Royal Thai Police, said police had turned to every channel to get Worayuth arrested, but there has been no update on his whereabouts.

probably the same channel where Yingluck vanished......the channel of bribery

I think he already got a new Thai passport issued by the police who is working "together" with the Red Bull family in secret , maybe a bit of plastic surgery as well.

Then he can stay on a wanted list all over the world , it doesn't matter anymore.  Well played and lets hope Karma will hit you hard.

Basically, all the people responsible for prosecuting this case were not only paid off, but well enough that  future generations of their offspring will be fabulously wealthy by Thai standards.  

The alternative would have been generations of hardship for those involved if 'cooperation' was not received.

7 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

The authorities only regret is that the statue of limitations isn't 50 years so they can milk Boss's family for millions of Baht more.

I would respond to that by asking rhetorically who is behind the current 'authorities' being in place? Wouldn't 'Interested Parties' want a return on their investment? 

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone in Thailand who is worth over 500 million baht is above the law. Any and all laws. Just look at the Dark Tao murder case, for proof of that. The fabulously wealthy headman of Sairee beach was able to buy permanent freedom, and lifelong immunity for his son, with his wealth and influence. When someone is worth billions here, there is no touching them. Not in recent Thai history, and not in the near future. Just the way it is.

Any protestations to the contrary are based of naivety, and any declarations to the contrary by the authorities, are simply meant for public consumption, and the avoidance of a loss of face. Anyone in power knows he will never return to Thailand, and if he does, he will be exonerated, or granted immunity. He is completely above the law. Any and all laws. Including the army, as tough as they pretend to appear. 

Wow...this might get a few responses if it is reposted in The Nation newspaper (who partner with TVF)!!  

You certainly have some balls!

Headman of Sairee Beach?

Glad that you wrote this and not me......good luck....and keep away from balconies.

Edited by tryasimight

8 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to answer my question in great detail. It does help me to figure out the absurdity of the situation in this case.

What's the expression again ... 'third time pays for all' ? ... LOL, before your post, 2 people explained to me what the statute of limitation is. LOL ... Of course they're not supposed to know that I have a Master's degree in Sociology and another one in Political Science, so I believe my brain is functional enough. When I read their obliging explanations I thought I had not phrased my question clearly enough, but then your post proves that at least someone understood what my question was really about : not the letter of the law, which I do know and understand, but about its spirit.

The main problem here in Thailand seems to be that they're applying a law that's utterly dated, while other countries have factored in the fleeing situation, ie when the defendant is on the run, the time he/she spends being uncatchable does not count. This amendment makes perfect sense.

One can only hope that this pathetic 'Boss' charade might wake up some honest souls here (I know there are quite a few in the University system who've had the courage to speak up on other delicate matters) and that they will try to have the law updated.

Get a Masters in Wikipedia.  It will save the respondent  poster doing the work for you.