True Internet Cancellation Fees 5000 Baht - Any Way Of Avoiding?

Neole

I had taken true internet 1mbps for around 1000 bahts a month in november. I will be leaving thailand (and the rented apartment) in a week. Thats 2 months of internet usage.

I had read in the contract I would have to pay 2000 baht cancellation fees if I cancel before 1 year. Now they tell me I will also have to pay 3000 baht cancellation fees for the landline phone they had to install to provide internet.

Is this correct? Any way I can avoid paying so much? I will be back again in 4-5 months for another 2 months but I doubt I will be getting the same apartment. I also dont want to leave the phone line around in the apartment that any new resident could use.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Guest Reimar
I had taken true internet 1mbps for around 1000 bahts a month in november. I will be leaving thailand (and the rented apartment) in a week. Thats 2 months of internet usage.

I had read in the contract I would have to pay 2000 baht cancellation fees if I cancel before 1 year. Now they tell me I will also have to pay 3000 baht cancellation fees for the landline phone they had to install to provide internet.

Is this correct? Any way I can avoid paying so much? I will be back again in 4-5 months for another 2 months but I doubt I will be getting the same apartment. I also dont want to leave the phone line around in the apartment that any new resident could use.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

It is correct! As TRUE provide the Landline for "free" with an signed 1 year contract for HighSpeed Internet, you need to pay for the Landline Installation the "normal" installation fee, which is 3,000.00 and for the "free Modem" 2,000.00 by early cancellation of the contract.

The only way to avoid is to have someone to take over your contract, mainly the "new" "owner" of your appartment.

There may be a partial out for you. I live in Loei now but still have a Pattaya phone number. I pay the 100 baht per month bill just to be able to keep the number. Have a talk with True and see if they can work something out for you.

You can do one more thing.

For telephone line, ask them to temporarily block the line, so you have to pay only THB107/= per month and you can cancel the hi-speed contract and pay only THB2,140/. So all in all you have to pay THB1,070+THB2,140

But again you can cancel the whole deal and pay THB5,000/= :o

Just pick up your bags and leave .... True hardly chases their non-paying customers.

==============================================================

So all in all you have to pay THB1,070

==============================================================

That might be a challenge to have True pre-charge you for 10 months .... :o

I did that for UBC i still owe them like 4000 baht , but they still have my 4k baht deposit for the box and they picked up the box already so I guess it evens out, I still have to call them though lol, ya those extra fees are annoying, just go through a different company if anything.