Not just a pretty face - this woman is an example for Thai society

rooster59

Not just a pretty face - this woman is an example for Thai society

face.PNG

Image: Daily News

Daily News caught up with a Thai woman featured in a video clip view by a million people online. And they found out that this attractive woman is a fine example for Thai society.

The clip in question posted on Facebook showed a woman sorting out a problem between a drunk man and a handicapped guy both of whom were on bicycles in the Ratchaburi area.

Most people would have let them get on with it but when Sawang-orn Dechata or Sanuk - 32, saw the drunk guy kick the other one she stepped in bravely to sort out the problem.

Then she didn't just leave the scene but followed the pair to make sure that they were behaving themselves. They weren't so she stepped in again to calm the situation for a second time one kilometer further down the road.

Daily News Online wanted to know the background of this latest "darling of the internet" and found a determined woman with a background in rescue.

Sanuk said that in 2013 she came upon an accident in an out of the way place far from help and she was unable to help the victim. Someone died in her arms before help could arrive and this inspired her to do something to help society.

She joined the Por Teck Tung foundation that is one of the rescue foundations nationwide that does much to assist the Thai public in their hour of need.

Sanuk says that when she is off duty she still keeps all her first aid equipment in her car - she is always ready to help if needed.

She said she made the video to show others what could be done - she said it shouldn't just be a question of seeing a situation, filming and posting for "likes".

She explained that in this situation there was a lot more to it than met the eye - it was not just a question of an able bodied man having a go at a handicapped man. In fact she realized that the handicapped man had started the argument and both sides needed to be spoken to politely and sensibly to calm the situation.

Daily News posted pictures of Sanuk in her job as a worker for Por Teck Tung.

Asked about this incident she added: "I was scared but here was a situation where people were in trouble. I could help calm the situation so I did".

The original story and its follow-up has been viewed by more than a million Thai people online.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-16

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would have to assess the situation, i.e. if life threatening to me or not, or the other person/s, some times its not as cut and dry, but on most occasions, yes I'm with you on this one Dave67

I'm pretty sure that you misinterpreted Dave67's remark.

I am also in agreement with him.

43 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm pretty sure that you misinterpreted Dave67's remark.

I am also in agreement with him.

Lol, that went straight over the top, didn't it, in that case, sheet yeh, I would too 555

Edited by 4MyEgo
Typo

I admire her for what she did/is doing but would add caution due to the number of brainless twits who are very likely to pull out a knife or a gun with no thought to the consequences of their actions.

As to the crass comments made by the horde of 'I think I am the expat version of Pearce Brosnan in Thailand' grow up and try to start thinking with something other than a 14 year old schoolboy brain. Or god forbid, the other brain you are using.

Edited by overherebc

I can understand all the responses concerning her actions, 

and the steps she took to prevent a more serious situation, 

but guys, do you really think you need to express you thoughts as it relates to her body parts,

where you think you may or may not have seen her?

Just think for a moment, it's still early in the day, 

so perhaps some reflection can be considered, 

before happy hour kicks in; 

what if this was your daughter, 

would you still be so proud of your inner observations of her appearance?

Really?

Really sad indeed...in reference to the degrading posts made on this article.

1 minute ago, ajarnmarc said:

but guys, do you really think you need to express you thoughts as it relates to her body parts,

Really?

OMG  Are you serious?   hmmmm.... stay out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat!!

4 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

Really?

ajarn, you're here to teach the thais not tvf members that are just having a laugh. chill out 

31 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

ajarn, you're here to teach the thais not tvf members that are just having a laugh. chill out 

It may be " a laugh" to you , but a bunch of guys sitting around all saying "Cooor , give her one" and having an on-line circle jerk is not very humorous.

"Cor look a female , one of those things with tits and a pussy and an alternative to masturbation"

The only time that she would have anything to do with you guys, is if she was picking you up off out from the gutter

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It may be " a laugh" to you , but a bunch of guys sitting around all saying "Cooor , give her one" and having an on-line circle jerk is not very humorous.

"Cor look a female , one of those things with tits and a pussy and an alternative to masturbation"

The only time that she would have anything to do with you guys, is if she was picking you up off out from the gutter

5555 really? if you say so mate