Navy To Push Rohingya Boat People Out Of Thai Waters As Response Debated

webfact

Navy To Push Rohingya Boat People Out Of Thai Waters As Response Debated

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

BANGKOK — As the number of Rohingya fleeing what the UN has described as “textbook” ethnic cleansing reached an estimated 412,000 people Monday, Thailand says it will stick to its policy of pushing out to sea any boat people intending to enter its territorial waters.

Citing a three-step rationale to determine the intent of Rohingya fleeing violence in neighboring Myanmar, Col. Peerapat Saengthong from the Internal Security Operations Command said the navy would push back any boats seeking to reach Thai shores.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/09/18/navy-push-rohingya-boat-people-thai-waters-response-debated/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-09-18

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

I can hear the TVF SJWs now.

A tough decision to make, but at least the security of the Thai state seems to be taking priority here.

Given the Buddhist view on the sanctity of life, it should be a very easy decision to make, and it wouldn't be to push people out to sea to possibly die. I also fail to see how genuine refugees threaten the security of a nation. Maybe you feel that genocide is OK if it doesn't involve you or your family.

You really can't call yourself Buddhist if you push people back out to sea. Doesn't matter if pushing people back into the sea is right or wrong - you simply can't call yourself Buddhist and do it. 

But what is religion to most people nowadays but a lucky rabbit's foot, etc. 

Pesky Phuketwan pair who exposed the same won the defamation lawsuit against them, but ruined in the process, now conveniently out of the way and largely forgotten….. Carry on as before. 

Edited by Aj Mick

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the Buddhist view on the sanctity of life, it should be a very easy decision to make, and it wouldn't be to push people out to sea to possibly die. I also fail to see how genuine refugees threaten the security of a nation. Maybe you feel that genocide is OK if it doesn't involve you or your family.

These people don't care about anybody other than themselves..what have they ever done that was good. Give me a list lol. They spend huge money on a army that has never assisted anybody. Look at Western countries they have values. These people hide behind temple walls and talk big and do nothing period.

10 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

true; amazing what happens to a religion once it becomes 'organized'

Yeap. Spirituality is a personal feeling. Whatever gets you through the day. Religion is an organised body that uses their ideas for power and wealth. 

18 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

I can hear the TVF SJWs now.

A tough decision to make, but at least the security of the Thai state seems to be taking priority here.

image.jpeg.7d23a18093abb0637c4cabf0a998bf27.jpeg

Yes, a clear threat to the security of the Thai State if we ever saw one!

There are already well established camps set up to hold previous Myanmar refugees so why can't they be accepted and sent there ?  Since there are so many jobs Thais do not want to do you would think they could provide productive employment for many of these unfortunate people.

2 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

There are already well established camps set up to hold previous Myanmar refugees so why can't they be accepted and sent there ?  Since there are so many jobs Thais do not want to do you would think they could provide productive employment for many of these unfortunate people.

Because that would be the human and good thing to do!

Just read through some of the posts here- even people, who have nothing to do with this, are posting hateful BS!

I have little hope for the human race!

8 minutes ago, DM07 said:
17 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

A cold-hearted and racist response by Thailand, but probably what was expected.

Because that would be the human and good thing to do!

Just read through some of the posts here- even people, who have nothing to do with this, are posting hateful BS!

I have little hope for the human race!

You will probably have even less hope for the human race once the mighty Thai military get their hands on their beloved submarines. They could then blow their boats out of the water undetected at periscope depth leaving survivors to drown and no evidence left. With both unwanted refugees and illegal fishing boats the RTN now have an excuse for their subs.

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

People only care if things happen to them or their family. Human beings are mostly selfish these days... Where is our humanity??? We  are not better than animals.

The Buddhists in Myanmar are murdering the Rohingyas' if they do not leave. This is "ethnic cleansing."

Rohingyas have lived in Myanmar for centuries and were never given citizenship. This is nothing like what is going on in Europe!

Yes turn them all back to die, not Thailand's concern. This is a very disturbing situation. I wish I could help because if I am not concerned, this ethnic cleansing will get to me one day........and you. (it will be called something else: Farang Cleansing!)

Edited by 300sd