Russian beaten up by lady boy and woman in Jomtien - but Facebook posters turn on the tourist for assuming they are Thai

webfact

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Another woman Ben Benjamas went further: "Some foreigners bring it on themselves and deserve what happens. Thais wouldn't do this sort of thing unless foreigners looked down on them first.

sadly…this is social media…where every retard in the world has a right to voice and opinion…and if a handful of people take up the chorus…then that's the right way of thinking. Pathetic……which is why i refuse to twitter, Facebook or instagram…..idiots galore.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist was not interested because he was on the phone,

Maybe if he had not been on the phone he would have hired them for the morning?

This is what seems to be implied in the OP.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

"Some foreigners bring it on themselves and deserve what happens. Thais wouldn't do this sort of thing unless foreigners looked down on them first.

Despite the fact that sometimes foreigners bring it on themselves there are just too many incidents that point to the fact that Thais do prey on us.

What scares me most is that this mentality is what led to the mass purges in the concentration camps, and the creation of the gulags in Siberia.

18 hours ago, champers said:

You seem to be getting Pattaya confused with Jomtien (where the incident occured).

Ahhh - my bad. Read the OP a little to fast it seems. I saw "out for a stroll going home to his South Pattaya room" and "across from Soi 7" but missed the "Jomtien" part. 

Once upon a time I had a "room" in South Pattaya and used to go to a bar in Soi 7 where some friends of mine (in a band) played. Saw the South Pattaya and Soi 7 bits and overlooked the Jomtien part.)

I bet dollars to donuts the ladyboys blocked his way, hassled him, maybe even touched him... He was pissed off and called them f.cking ... When that did not work out too well he tried to get help, compassion at the police station. They are simply all at fault. Thr ladyboys obviously, the Russian for not knowing his way around here. But lets give him some space, maybe not a long stayer. Now if somebody bothers you here and you want to move on with your life, stay out of trouble, do something enjoyable i/o sitting at the station, keep your visa... just ignore it. No need to smile, no need to swear. Been there, done that. Assaulted twice for no good reason, reported it, saw them getting fines of 100 b (hitting me) and 1000 b each (fighting in gang and damaging my property). What a terrible waste of time that was, not to mention hours of sitting and going hungry.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

sadly…this is social media…where every retard in the world has a right to voice and opinion…and if a handful of people take up the chorus…then that's the right way of thinking. Pathetic……which is why i refuse to twitter, Facebook or instagram…..idiots galore.

Benjamas can get on her knees where she belongs

4 AM, Soi 7 and Jomtien Beach; I have to figure he is lying about why he was there so his version of events is also suspect. It doesn't take a lot of bad mouthing a Thai of any gender to get your lights punched out. He ought to be glad he got off so lightly. I also suggest he find some other route home to his south Pattaya room next time he is out at 4 AM.

6 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

4 AM, Soi 7 and Jomtien Beach; I have to figure he is lying about why he was there so his version of events is also suspect. It doesn't take a lot of bad mouthing a Thai of any gender to get your lights punched out. He ought to be glad he got off so lightly. I also suggest he find some other route home to his south Pattaya room next time he is out at 4 AM.

I will walk anywhere I choose. I wish it was me in would do society a favor

On 9/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, darksidedog said:

Really? Thai people are capable of unbelievable levels of aggression very swiftly, with minimal, if any provocation. Maybe they should visit Nong Plalai prison and see how many of their countrymen are in jail for exactly this sort of behaviour before making such dumb comments.

especially when weakness is sensed. Once they feel strength they run. I like to strike hard and fast first. Normally does the trick.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:33 PM, champers said:

You seem to be getting Pattaya confused with Jomtien (where the incident occured).

Its his business. He say no is no. No dirty Thai should touch a farang guest who keeps there people eating..any rat that does should do 3 months jail mandatory 

-Looking down on people does NOT justify violence.

-Turning down hookers does NOT justify violence.

-Ignoring their offers does NOT justify violence.

It doesn't sound like anything in this scenario justifies the violent attack.  Only self defense (or defense of others) justifies violence and that is not reported to have happened here.

But then again, law enforcement in Thailand only exists to make money for the guys in brown uniforms. 

22 hours ago, Media1 said:

I will walk anywhere I choose. I wish it was me in would do society a favor

I agree. People are blaming the victim here. Why is walking in certain areas or times a justification for assault? Oh wait, it's not. How exactly does a person "ask for it" regarding getting assaulted? Wear a sign? Yell at people to attack them?

Walking home? Sounds like the only thing he's "asking for" is to get home. 

2 hours ago, Global Guy said:

I agree. People are blaming the victim here. Why is walking in certain areas or times a justification for assault? Oh wait, it's not. How exactly does a person "ask for it" regarding getting assaulted? Wear a sign? Yell at people to attack them?

Walking home? Sounds like the only thing he's "asking for" is to get home. 

The police are part of the crime syndicate. A police officer is chosen via a number draw. No nothing Academy is a lie. 

They operate on a 500 baht fine system and break the law by not charging send summons the suspect to court. There crooks in uniform as labelled by the UN

25 minutes ago, Media1 said:

The police are part of the crime syndicate. A police officer is chosen via a number draw. No nothing Academy is a lie. 

They operate on a 500 baht fine system and break the law by not charging send summons the suspect to court. There crooks in uniform as labelled by the UN

Oh, I agree. Law enforcement exists to make those employees in brown uniforms money, nothing more. There is so little rule of law and Thais know this. As the economy worsens, crime is going up. When I first came here, violent crime was unheard of. Now, it's a weekly headline.

When there is little to no risk for committing crimes, it's no surprise that crime will be worth it and go up. Compound that problem with certain sectors in Thailand making less money, like the entertainment (bars/clubs), so they turn to crime to make money. Or, violent crime. Before it used to just be non-violent scams. Now it's outright assault and robberies.

37 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

As the economy worsens,

How is the economy worsening ? I see headlines lilke: exports up, tourism up, foreign reserves and direct investment up, bond inflows up,baht up, income up. Is it the economy or too many lowlifes ?

Edited by morrobay
Add

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

How is the economy worsening ? I see headlines lilke: exports up, tourism up, foreign reserves and direct investment up, bond inflows up,baht up, income up. Is it the economy or too many lowlifes ?

Well, there's at least one part of the above statement that is definitely a bit dubious!

Edited by sambum

One night visit last week after shopping in Central festival I thought I would walk along Beach road rather than the main shopping street back to my hotel. I heard about clamp down on prostitutes by the beach so thought Id take a look.  Well! dozens of them, and a Police Tent half way along with a Sign "protecting Pattaya tourists" with 4 police playing with their phones. As I go to near the end at Walking Street one "Female hooker" shouted something to me , not clear but along the lines of " You want,  Why you dont want.  You gay... Falang blah blah blah. Well there you have it my one and only visit for the year to that agqressive, unpleasant place .    

On 21/09/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jingthing said:

Don't smile at random Thais and you won't notice a thing. I know I've been here too long. I just filter stuff out. Except when I can't when I had to confront those horrific ladyboys threatening to push me in traffic like the other night for not being interested. 

In other words, negative local stuff that isn't directly threatening my life just doesn't rate to me as worth caring about. That's a LOT of filtering. 

The VERY FIRST TIME I went to Pataya (and Thailand for that matter) I had only been there less than an hour with two friends. I separated from my friends for only about a minute, less than 50 feet away, to pick up some cigarettes. This being mid-afternoon in broad daylight, I was approached by 3 Ladyboys which I didn't even notice until one grabbed me by the nuts which got my attention immediately (as would anyone that values their reproductive organs). While I was preoccupied with rescuing my nuts the other two proceeded to take everything of value I had on me. I ended up standing in front of a convenience store holding my nuts and my back pocket (where my wallet was) while they fled with a digital camera and a $200 pair of sunglasses. 

That incident occurred Sep. 11, 1990. I filed a report with the police but nothing ever came of it. As you can see this is not something new as that was 27 years ago. The difference I've noticed (from the numerous incidents reported on this site) is that they've become more violent. While I lost about $400 worth of merchandise at least I wasn't physically harmed; and I still have my nuts!

7 hours ago, hgma said:

Not my scene, never was and never will.

But a country boy never leaves his roots.

"But a country boy never leaves his roots." While Aussie boys, like Kuala's...Eats, Roots, and Leaves!

Sorry...I couldn't resist. An Australian girl told me this joke about why Australian men are like Kuala Bears.

Edited by TimTang

On 9/23/2017 at 2:56 PM, morrobay said:

You see headlines? Well, Thailand certainly wouldn't put out inaccurate information to make them look better now would they? How about yes, every day of the week. 

38 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

You see headlines? Well, Thailand certainly wouldn't put out inaccurate information to make them look better now would they? How about yes, every day of the week. 

Well I wish it was inaccurate information for every case  above including the  GDP up headline from a few days ago. Because what is bad for the economy is good for the exchange rate.

Any theories on the baht ?