SURVEY: Is a military strike against North Korea justified?

Scott

SURVEY: Is a military strike on North Korea justified?  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The North Korean fat boy is mainly concerned with preserving his own skin. If he shows any weakness, his own generals will turn on him.

I think he's too smart not to realise an attack on America would result in his country's obliteration. So he's continually provoking, hoping America will attack first so he gets world opinion on his side.

IMHO the Americans have the technology to shoot down North Korean missiles. They aren't doing that, because that then would give valuable data to the Russians and Chinese.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Ummm...who was it that started the Korean war?  And you're blaming the US for being there to protect the South?  By their invitation?  Really? LOL

Who started the Korean war? The United States and the Soviet Union. They divided the peninsula and created the two separate Korean client states in the first place. Korea was one country lest we forget.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

Not that I place much trust in your guarantees (or Craig's, that matter). But under your "guarantee", Seoul is still being held hostage by Kim's artillery.

As I said earlier, my guarantee is worth nothing, and was purely a reaction to Craig's worth nothing guarantee.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Talking and appeasing is what got us to this stage.

First Clinton made the mistake f giving him money

Bush tried sanctioning and talking

Obama just felt that if he left it alone it would go away.

North Korea never stopped fighting the Korean War.  That unfortunately is a fact.

The second fact that seems to have skipped the history lessons is that the reason that NK is strong is that the US and it's great leader Douglas screwed up.  The Korean conflict was initially about the 2 Koreas. and if MacArthur had not been an imperialistic <deleted> would have stayed that way.  Unfortunately he decided to go across the line into China's territory and brought them into it.

Since talking to the Kim family/dynasty has failed and he is just getting stronger more effective action must be taken.  Will lives be lost yes,

Russia has no dog in this fight, therefore, will stay the hell out of it.  China has a lot involved here but realizes that they are now a world leader and must act like it.  

There are a couple of solutions 

1. China puts together a team of Koreans to remove the Kim Dynasty (easier said than done)

2.  Kim provokes the UN into taking the same step they did in the 50's.  China man's its borders with all its military might to keep the NK out

The UN then takes it to NK and then cleans up.  The conversion as they call it would not be that difficult.  Think along the lines of the wall in Berlin coming down.  The worst case in this is that Kim hits the button and decides to take everyone with him.

Bush actually walked away from talking.

15 minutes ago, baboon said:

Who started the Korean war? The United States and the Soviet Union. They divided the peninsula and created the two separate Korean client states in the first place. Korea was one country lest we forget.

Nice deflection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

The Korean War (in South Korean Hangul한국전쟁; Hanja韓國戰爭; RRHanguk Jeonjaeng, "Korean War"; in North Korean Chosŏn'gŭl조국해방전쟁; Hancha祖國解放戰爭; MRChoguk haebang chǒnjaeng, "Fatherland Liberation War"; 25 June 1950 – 27 July 1953)[36][38] began when North Korea invaded South Korea.

Place the blame properly.  Please.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Nice deflection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

Place the blame properly.  Please.

But why would you stop there? It’s almost like you don’t want

to explain that the north and south were surrogate actors for the world powers and their post WWII games.

Edited by mikebike
Spelling

Poll: Far more trust generals than Trump on N. Korea, while two-thirds oppose preemptive strike

Two-thirds of Americans oppose launching a preemptive military strike against North Korea, with a majority trusting the U.S. military to handle the escalating nuclear crisis responsibly but not President Trump, a new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds.

Roughly three-quarters of the public supports tougher economic sanctions on North Korea in an attempt to persuade it to give up its nuclear weapons, while just about one-third think the United States should offer the isolated country foreign aid or other incentives.

The Post-ABC poll finds 37 percent of adults trust Trump either “a great deal” or “a good amount” to responsibly handle the situation with North Korea, while 42 percent trust the commander in chief “not at all.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-far-more-trust-generals-than-trump-on-n-korea-while-two-thirds-oppose-preemptive-strike/2017/09/23/5cc4377c-9fbb-11e7-8ea1-ed975285475e_story.html

Just now, mikebike said:

But why would you stop there? It’s almost like you don’t want

to explain that the north and south we’re surrogate actors for the world powers and their post WWII games.

100% understand.  But who fired the first shot?  Who initiated the fighting?  Hint? It wasn't the South.

And who backed them?  From my link:

The conflict escalated into open warfare when North Korean forces—supported by the Soviet Union and China—moved into the south on 25 June 1950.

And who's refusing to fully comply with the UN sanctions now?  Hint?  See above.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As I said earlier, my guarantee is worth nothing, and was purely a reaction to Craig's worth nothing guarantee.

Indeed. But at least his nothing guarantee covered major threats emanating from both sides. Yours, on the other hand, failed to acknowledge the standing threat to Seoul. This is something often glossed over. One side is required to take all threats away, the other not.

Nobody has the right to fly or detonate ordinances over another sovereign territory without the express permission  of that nation/country. 

I would imagine pretty soon he's going to get his panties pulled down and get the right Royal spanking he should have received as a child. 

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

100% understand.  But who fired the first shot?  Who initiated the fighting?  Hint? It wasn't the South.

And who backed them?  From my link:

And who's refusing to fully comply with the UN sanctions now?  Hint?  See above.

I do not think you 100% understand that the CONFLICT started BEFORE the war and that both sides were  complicit.

Edited by mikebike

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Indeed. But at least his nothing guarantee covered major threats emanating from both sides. Yours, on the other hand, failed to acknowledge the standing threat to Seoul. This is something often glossed over. One side is required to take all threats away, the other not.

Yes, and Pyongyang is still under threat from US artillery. The buck stops somewhere.

As said, it has to come from both sides,

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I do not think you 100% understand that the CONFLICT started BEFORE the war and that both sides were  complicit.

I understand.  Conflict started centuries before.  But who fired the first shot that STARTED the war.  Jeez....there is conflict all over the world.  Not all of it ends up in war.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, and Pyongyang is still under threat from US artillery. The buck stops somewhere.

The US has been talking to NK for dogs years.  No results.  How about NK abide by just one UN resolution.  Just one.  LOL

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I understand.  Conflict started centuries before.  But who fired the first shot that STARTED the war.  Jeez....there is conflict all over the world.  Not all of it ends up in war.

Not all conflicts are/were backed by two unique world powers trying to exercise dominance over each other using surrogate actors. The “war” was not started by a single shot but by the events leading up to that shot.

Edited by mikebike
Clarification

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

The US has been talking to NK for dogs years.  No results.  How about NK abide by just one UN resolution.  Just one.  LOL

No, they have not. They have only been telling NK: stop nuclear tests and we'll talk. NK has been telling: stop showing off your military might and we'll talk. Hence nothing has happened.

13 minutes ago, mikebike said:

This survey is not a history test.  What is this obsession with trying to place the blame on previous generations?  They're dead!  

Let's focus on the live people.  Before they get dead, too.

Just now, rijb said:

This survey is not a history test.  What is this obsession with trying to place the blame on previous generations?  They're dead!  

Let's focus on the live people.  Before they get dead, too.

Simple response to a poster who does not seem to understand history. Would it be better to let historical inaccuracies go unchecked? Lack of said understanding is a common cause of mistakes in current policy decisions.

Just now, mikebike said:

Simple response to a poster who does not seem to understand history. Would it be better to let historical inaccuracies go unchecked? Lack of said understanding is a common cause of mistakes in current policy decisions.

Survey says...

34 minutes ago, baboon said:

So you do deny that Korea was divided into two states by the US and the Soviet Union. Enough said.

The USA was not alone in stopping NK ambitions way back then, my chum was a Captain In the UK Royal Artillery........

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Craig's post - Kim stops nuclear weapons program, loses weapons aimed at Seoul, stops incursions into SK.

USA removes forces from SK

Your post - Kim stops nuclear weapons program

USA removes forces from SK, stops exercises

I was just pointing out the often left out bits. If your version is adopted, Kim still holds a gun to SK's head.

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Craig's post - Kim stops nuclear weapons program, loses weapons aimed at Seoul, stops incursions into SK.

USA removes forces from SK

Your post - Kim stops nuclear weapons program

USA removes forces from SK, stops exercises

I was just pointing out the often left out bits. If your version is adopted, Kim still holds a gun to SK's head.

:coffee1:

Your claim is simply not correct.

Edited by stevenl