AIS Mobile Data Use

bubblegum

Don't know about other users but I have on a regular base a message from AIS that I used 10 bath worth of internet. Before I let it slip but today I happened to know my balans and lo and behold, they did take 20 bath of me. So I phoned and they will pay back. But this has been going on for months. So be carefull, I you never use mobile data on your phone they still wanna screw  you.

Why don't you switch off the mobile data feature on your phone (there are different methods to do)?

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

So be carefull, I you never use mobile data on your phone they still wanna screw  you.

"You" might not be actively using mobile data but there are different reasons that your phone does without you being aware.

Is it a typical smartphone?

Nothing specific for AIS.

If they pay it back this time you can call it goodwill.

If you don't find the mobile data off function on your phone, you can send:

*129*2#

which turns off internet/mobile data for your number/SIM.

http://www.ais.co.th/postpaid/custom-page.aspx?language=en&furl=on_off_internet

*129# will return status.

*129*1# turns service on.

The message "you have used 10 baht internet for today.  To subscribe please dial XXXX" comes up when you have a package expire.

Need to check your packages.

Nothing about being screwed - certain packages clearly show in the terms and conditions (see online) that once the package is used up, your main phone balance will be deducted.  What is happening to you is a good system - rather than continuously billing you for data after package expiry, AIS are telling you to put on a new package.

Go and talk to AIS, or go to their website and familiarise yourself with the broad range of data packages available, and how they work

Hardly a big deal getting a bill for 10 baht when you go over your data or expiry limite

Just now, bubblegum said:

Now I have a Samsung J7 prime, bought 2 weeks ago, before many different ones . Never old cause I tend to drop them in the water.

And you've never installed an app, signed in to your google account, Samsung account, set it up or updated it?

Same question for the mobile you had before this

Nothing to do with having the same pre paid phone number for 15 years - but how have you set up your phones when you bought them?

I guess you're being charged the default rate (used to be 1.07 baht/min) for those times when you've jumped from WiFi to mobile data.

Assuming you have no desire to use mobile data then simply disable it within the phone's UI/OS. This is the safest method.

For stock Android 7.x, Settings, Data usage, untick "Cellular data".

Your UI will probably have this option in a different section? Hunt around or check the manual.