Beach Road zebra crossings repainted

Rimmer

Beach Road zebra crossings repainted

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya workers repainted pedestrian crossings across Beach Road to prepare for high season.

Crews were seen Sept. 25 slapping a new coat of paint on to the “zebra crossings” following months of rain and use. Numerous people had called the Pattaya Contact Center to complain the lines were hard for motorists to see.

Few drivers have ever actually stopped for pedestrians on Beach Road, even when the traffic lights worked. But city workers remained optimistic, saying they’ll be out next to make repairs on the signals to help high season tourists remain safe.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-10-06

9 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Few drivers have ever actually stopped for pedestrians on Beach Road

Isn't that the truth?

But it doesn't seem to bother the Chinese tourists... they blindly step out into the traffic and cross to their waiting buses causing motorists to hastily slam on their brakes... and not usually at a "zebra crossing" either.

I do hope that they continue the painting down Jomtien beach road as well... those speed bumps are difficult to see in the wet.

Gee maybe a lesson could be learned here about what

happens to outdoor road surfaces that have been painted in Thailand...Of course I am not implying the

humungus paint job they just did in the parking lot

at Bali Hi was a stupid idea or any thing....   

11 hours ago, champers said:

They are out this morning at the beach end of Klang. I nearly stepped in a pot of yellow paint carelessly left in the middle of the pavement.

You wern,t in your high heels I hope......:whistling:

How pretty and colourful!  Does it make sense to do it in the rainy season when surfaces are damp and the paint will run/dissolve/ disappear in days/hours?

What makes them think there's going to be a High Season other than TAT's imaginative figures?

Repainting is fine but is it too much to ask drivers to actually stop when the light is red against them? I have nearly been run over more than once by tuk tuk drivers who don't bother stopping. On the Jomtien side there is a police station very close to the crossing but one never sees any police pulling over drivers who don;t stop.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Repainting is fine but is it too much to ask drivers to actually stop when the light is red against them? I have nearly been run over more than once by tuk tuk drivers who don't bother stopping. On the Jomtien side there is a police station very close to the crossing but one never sees any police pulling over drivers who don;t stop.

There's a video on YouTube showing no-one stopping on the red light, including the police. In Thailand police not only don't enforce the law, they break it.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:46 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Waste of money, time, paint and words.

This is needed to stop Thai drivers run over pedestrians.

cimg0418.-seitenbild.jpg

It is not only the Thai drivers here that are at fault. You'll see plenty of Farangs doing it too.