What do you miss about western women that you find difficult to get from a Thai woman?

Csaw

13 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am no expert on Buddhism, but I have been told that "white lies" are sometimes preferable to honesty because of the concept of "right speech". Protecting someone's feelings can be more important than telling the truth when it would hurt.  wai.gif

A TOTAL aberration of Buddhist 'Right Speech':

1. Abstain from false speech; do not tell lies or deceive.
  2. Do not slander others or speak in a way that causes disharmony or enmity.
  3. Abstain from rude, impolite, or abusive language.
  4. Do not indulge in idle talk or gossip.

It is typical 'Thai' ignorance, whoever told you that, of what Buddhism teaches.  Thais twist, turn and spin Buddhism to suit their own 'style'. Actually it means being 'good' and speak honestly, compassionately and with kindness. 

We all 'white lie', it's true, and intention is the most important thing in Buddhism but Thais don't care about 'intention' they just lie by nature and there's little 'white' about that!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Funny thing about farang women.  I dated quite a few back in the day in the USA.  They always say they want a nice, sensitive, honest man.  But in reality, they always go for the bad boy, dishonest, manipulative type.  I imagine it's still that way today.

Well I think it has changed some since your time.

They still say they want a nice, sensitive, caring, loving, honest man. But once they find him they start trying to change him into a dishonest, manipulative, bad boy type, so they have something to complain about and get a divorce in later years.

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Well I think it has changed some since your time.

They still say they want a nice, sensitive, caring, loving, honest man. But once they find him they start trying to change him into a dishonest, manipulative, bad boy type, so they have something to complain about and get a divorce in later years.

I know this is going to sound absurd (and probably might be) but as time goes on I look at the world and I truly think humanity, as a whole, is becoming more and more dysfunctional and I'm thankful I'm nearer the end of my life than the beginning.  

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I know this is going to sound absurd (and probably might be) but as time goes on I look at the world and I truly think humanity, as a whole, is becoming more and more dysfunctional and I'm thankful I'm nearer the end of my life than the beginning.  

I think I would rather start over again. Or at least age 14. Forgot what it feels like to eat like a horse and not gain a pound of weight. Or getting out of bed without a bad back.

But you do make a valid point.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Actually, I don't think it has changed all that much. It's more about the light of technology being harsher and exposing more. In the Victorian era of England, there was probably just as much hanky-panky going on, but better concealed.

People concern themselves with the horrors of Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia. In terms of the scorecard of people killed and lives ruined, the British Empire was probably the most evil of all.

7 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Actually, I don't think it has changed all that much. It's more about the light of technology being harsher and exposing more. In the Victorian era of England, there was probably just as much hanky-panky going on, but better concealed.

People concern themselves with the horrors of Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia. In terms of the scorecard of people killed and lives ruined, the British Empire was probably the most evil of all.

Hmm without turning this into a 'history' thread I think Stalin's Russia or Nazi Germany take the top slot and naught good came out of those whereas at least something good came out of Brits (infrastructure, governance, law, Parliament). I was referring to how INDIVIDUALS are rather than imperious governments. USA has turned into an 'entitled PC universe' of it's own. Anyway maybe many people think this as they age. Anyway I'm taking us off topic. 

A guy earlier on this topic likes calling people (I'll presume including myself) 'Payboy' but that's really OK because this is just a website.

But since it seems he does not consider himself to be a 'Payboy', is OK if we just call him 'Boy'?

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Fake hippy confesses really made of sponge.

"confesses"? "proudly declares" would be more accurate.

I have a hunch that your avatar is not your real pic. Confess!

Edited by oldhippy
edited

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Hmm without turning this into a 'history' thread I think Stalin's Russia or Nazi Germany take the top slot and naught good came out of those whereas at least something good came out of Brits (infrastructure, governance, law, Parliament). I was referring to how INDIVIDUALS are rather than imperious governments. USA has turned into an 'entitled PC universe' of it's own. Anyway maybe many people think this as they age. Anyway I'm taking us off topic. 

Continuing off topic with apologies, Facebook and Twitter have a lot to answer for in that respect.

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

A guy earlier on this topic likes calling people (I'll presume including myself) 'Payboy' but that's really OK because this is just a website.

But since it seems he does not consider himself to be a 'Payboy', is OK if we just call him 'Boy'?

Everybody pays to play.....

If you've not worked/working for/paying your own way in life, you're a bum, a leech/crook,  a freeloader, welfare recipient, or a mooch......  

If you've earned your way through life you've also earned the right fund and run your life as you choose to live it.....

A choice many of us didn't have during some stages of their lives....

So, now we're here....

Some want a fast, at risk life & the inevitable quick end that comes with it....Others seek happiness or unhappiness in their own ways.....

We all pay to play....

nbfgnfn

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Hmm without turning this into a 'history' thread I think Stalin's Russia or Nazi Germany take the top slot and naught good came out of those whereas at least something good came out of Brits........ 

Germans invented almost all the technology we use today, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, diesel, rotary, jet rocket engines. If you've ever flown, you flew in a NAZI invention. Fanta, bet you've drunk a few bottles of than in your lifetime, also a NAZI invention.

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

nbfgnfn

Germans invented almost all the technology we use today, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, diesel, rotary, jet rocket engines. If you've ever flown, you flew in a NAZI invention. Fanta, bet you've drunk a few bottles of than in your lifetime, also a NAZI invention.

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Thought Frank Whittle invented the Jet engine...

First liquid fueled rocket engine invented by Robert H Goddard in 1926.

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Thought Frank Whittle invented the Jet engine...

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

First liquid fueled rocket engine invented by Robert H Goddard in 1926.

Frank Whittle developed the concept of the first jet engine in 1928, but A. A. Griffiths published a paper in 1926 on compressors and turbines. The first aircraft to fly under rocket power was in 1928 in Germany.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Frank Whittle developed the concept of the first jet engine in 1928, but A. A. Griffiths published a paper in 1926 on compressors and turbines. The first aircraft to fly under rocket power was in 1928 in Germany.

So it was a British invention, not German...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So it was a British invention, not German...

It certainly wasn't a so-called Nazi invention. Nor was the Diesel engine which was first patented back in 1895. As for Fanta, that was an ersatz substitute for coca-cola due to WW2 trade embargo of the real thing.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

nbfgnfn

Yes I know and loads more. I was thinking more of cultural. societal and governmental stuff  (law, education, government, bureaucracy etc.) anyway YOU tempted me off topic again Tracy  (was it or one of the other brothers?).

Sometimes one has to feel sympathy with both Western and Thai women who encounter some Western men with their lunatic conspiracy theories and other historical nonsense. A bit like marrying into weird strange cults. Whether the western women ever put up with it in the first place is a moot question. The Thai women lucky they don't have to engage, unless the guy turns out to be a nutter on all levels.

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Sometimes one has to feel sympathy with both Western and Thai women who encounter some Western men with their lunatic conspiracy theories and other historical nonsense. A bit like marrying into weird strange cults. Whether the western women ever put up with it in the first place is a moot question. The Thai women lucky they don't have to engage, unless the guy turns out to be a nutter on all levels.

If you live in a village where no-one goes out at night for fear of ghosts, and the next-door neighbor fires off a shotgun during thunderstorms to frighten off evil spirits, I guess they feel right at home.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Especially the ones that seem sincere.

Yeah, I was dancing with a woman whilst telling lots of sincere lies, after 5 minutes she said ' You talk rubbish'.

Rubbish is the key to a western womans heart.

17 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

What I miss about western women is not having to pay sin sod.

We are back on topic!

PS. But what do you think about sin sod?

:sorry:

Don't most guys get the money and gold back?  I thought it was only for show?  Mine's still in my safe.  Don't tell me you fell for that old con.

4 hours ago, bazza73 said:

It still is.

We have this thread that basically says that farang women (particularly the UK ones) are fat & ugly & money grabbers.

We have other threads that say that Thai women (particularly the Isaan ones) are skinny & stupid & money grabbers.

Can the mods please integrate all these threads into 1 thread,  the mother of all threads, "The Misogyny Thread"?

Alternatively, that thread could also be called  " The I got burned because of my own stupidity and now I wish everybody else would get burned too Thread".

37 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

What I miss about western women is not having to pay sin sod.

We are back on topic!

PS. But what do you think about sin sod?

:sorry:

I believe in reverse sin sod which is money I give to the family so I don't have to marry their daughter.