a complete list of requirements for a retirement visa for those who already pocess a non imm.O visa

I assume you mean you want to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at an immigration office during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from your visa.

Where will you be applying for the extension? It can vary office to office.

Are you using the 800k baht in the bank option or proof of 65k baht income by way of a income letter from your embassy or the combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht?

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean you want to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa)

Any stamp giving permission to enter a country, entered into your passport, is a 'visa'. 

Application form TM7. Duly filled out.

Photo copies of all pages of other visas (extensions of stay) No photo required. They check your facial features online.

"       copy of your photo and personal details

"                  "            departure card

"                  "            proof of abode plus Yellow book if have.

Letter from bank confirming monies in.

Filled out declaration of you knowing the penalties for overstay etc.

Bank book updated to that day of reporting.

That's about it good luck in that they don't add something else to the list as they see fit..

Edited by sinbin
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Any stamp giving permission to enter a country, entered into your passport, is a 'visa'. 

You have to be in the country already to get an extension of stay. A visa only allows you to enter the country.

Your list is not complete. You seem to of forgotten there are 2 other options to meet the financial requirements.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Application form TM7. Duly filled out.

Photo copies of all pages of other visas (extensions of stay) No photo required. They check your facial features online.

"       copy of your photo and personal details

"                  "            departure card

"                  "            proof of abode plus Yellow book if have.

Letter from bank confirming monies in.

Filled out declaration of you knowing the penalties for overstay etc.

Bank book updated to that day of reporting.

That's about it good luck in that they don't add something else to the list as they see fit..

so a re-entry permit is a visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to be in the country already to get an extension of stay. A visa only allows you to enter the country.

Your list is not complete. You seem to of forgotten there are 2 other options to meet the financial requirements.

A '30 day exemption' allows you 30 days of stay. Although they claim it's not visa it is. No stamp no entry.

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Any stamp in a passport giving permission to enter/stay is a visa.

It can vary office to office.

I based my list of requirements based on my Retirement Extension done on Wednesday.  As you said UJ, in an earlier post.

So always be prepared, and if in doubt phone your office first.  :smile:

7 minutes ago, MickTurator said:

Have you read the title at the top of the TM7 form ?

It is not a visa

Have you ever read the legal definition of 'Visa'??? The TM7 is not a 'visa', I agree. It's the application to obtain one. Only when you get that stamp in your passport does it become a 'visa'.

visa
ˈviːzə/
noun

1. an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.

Edited by sinbin

36 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Have you ever read the legal definition of 'Visa'???

What you posted is a dictionary's definition of a visa. Not sure that would be the legal definition of it. Plus there are many definitions of one that can be found.

Here is a different definition.

A visa (short for the Latin carta visa, lit. "the document having been seen") is a permit given by a country that allows someone to go to that country. A visa is a document that is stamped on a person's passport by an embassy. It names the kind of visit and says how long the person can stay. Sometimes, people need to go through an interview held at the embassy before they get a visa.

Source: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Have you ever read the legal definition of 'Visa'??? The TM7 is not a 'visa', I agree. It's the application to obtain one. Only when you get that stamp in your passport does it become a 'visa'.

visa

ˈviːzə/
noun

1. an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.

A TM7 is an application to Apply for an Extension of permission to stay in Thailand.

It is a permit, not a Visa.

It does not allow any entries to Thailand, unlike a Visa which would allow at least one entry.

No, I live in Thailand. I want to Change visa from Non Imm O to retirement.

I see the list thanks Ubon, Steve and Nasa. So a complete list is:

Application form TM7
Photo copies of all pages of other visas and valid data (TM6 departure card?)
Photo copy of your photo and personal details (someone said 2 2x2 photos)
Photo copy of your departure card
Photo copy of  proof of residence plus Yellow book if have. (housing certificate?)
Baht 1900
Letter from bank confirming monies in with bank book updated to that day of reporting.
( In some places-signed and stamped bank letter, plus copy of bank book name, copy of last 2-3 entries including copy/indication of sufficient monies for surrent time) or maybe letter from Embassy stating have over B 65,000/month
some parts of Thailand picture of applicant in front of house where abiding.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

A TM7 is an application to Apply for an Extension of permission to stay in Thailand.

It is a permit, not a Visa.

It does not allow any entries to Thailand, unlike a Visa which would allow at least one entry.

No it is not a 'permit'. A TM7 is an application to obtain a visa (extension of stay). A visa being a stamp in ones passport. Some may see it as an 'extension of stay only' but it is in fact a visa. Per sa.

An official endorsement on a passport or other document required to secure an alien's admission to a country. 

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/visa

What is the difference between a permit and a visa?
The difference between visa and work permit is that visa is a document acquired by an individual to enter a specific country whereas work permit is an employment letter issued by an employer to the employee needed for entering the country. ... The immigrant visa allows the immigrant to acquire residence and work.

www.differencebetween.net/business/difference-between-visa-and-work-permit/

deadhorse.gif
Edited by sinbin
  • Sad 1

Oh goody, a discussion on semantics!
English speakers taught Thais the word 'weesaa' so English people are the only ones who know what it means. (The same sort of English speakers who taught Thais to write 'click for to download' presumably. ) This forum has decided that visa is the stamp which is sometimes overstamped 'used' when you pass through Immigration at the border. Legally, Thai does not use 'weesaa' , or didn't, they use 'draa' (stamp) and in the nature of Thai specify what it allows. This forum is in English and the term visa has been assigned a specific meaning which, because it is counter intuitive, naturally creates controversy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

I have just renewed my own Permit To Stay with a ME, for reason of RETIREMENT.

You need either 1 or 2 [hotographs of youself with a white background

Phuket Immi office also requires the applicant to draw a map of how to travel from the Immi office to your house.

Then the picture of you standing outside the house where the house number is clearly visable.

They did not use my filled out form, about a Foreigner, like social media you use, bank accounts, where you frequent etc.

Hope that helps a bit?

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Have your tried exiting the Country and re-entering on the so called Visa you obtained from Immigration using a TM7.

It would by your definition of a Visa allow you to enter Thailand.

Like most things in Thailand, rules and laws are to be open to interpretation, their interpretation. You may well be right in that my, the legal interpretation, definition of a visa should allow re-entry. But typical Thailand in that what it gives you with one hand, ie a 30 day visa free, it takes it off you in another way by getting yous to pay re-entry fees. This 30 day visa free is all a load of nonsense. Salesmanship.

That's all I can think of why they charge you for a exit/re-entry visa. You'll have to take it up with them.   :smile: Good luck.

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

A re-entry permit is an appendage to your original visa. It allows you to return and stay until the expiration of your original visa without applying for a new visa.  

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Have your tried exiting the Country and re-entering on the so called Visa you obtained from Immigration using a TM7.

It would by your definition of a Visa allow you to enter Thailand.

I have a Visa...A  Non-Immigrant 0-A  M issued in Australia...The Thai Embassy in Australia refers to it as a "Retirement Visa" (on the application form).  It took me 3 years to workout how to go about getting one.  In Thailand people will still tell me there is no such thing as a "Retirement Visa"  I rest my case.

3 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Oh goody, a discussion on semantics!
English speakers taught Thais the word 'weesaa' so English people are the only ones who know what it means. (The same sort of English speakers who taught Thais to write 'click for to download' presumably. ) This forum has decided that visa is the stamp which is sometimes overstamped 'used' when you pass through Immigration at the border. Legally, Thai does not use 'weesaa' , or didn't, they use 'draa' (stamp) and in the nature of Thai specify what it allows. This forum is in English and the term visa has been assigned a specific meaning which, because it is counter intuitive, naturally creates controversy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

A visa is, and has always been, a request to enter a country. Not a right. Present your "request" on arrival. If acceptable, enter. If not, bugger off. Same everywhere.  In Thai:  ตราของสถานทูด  ,ie Stamp/brand-of-embassy. 

Regardless, it's a request /begging for permission to enter. 

No controversy except for those who are confused.

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's the logic of there not being a pinned thread on this? And kept up to date with latest info

There used to be one.

IIRC it was written by Yorkie and was a very clear explanation.

I failed to find it earlier, maybe it has been removed

55 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's the logic of there not being a pinned thread on this? And kept up to date with latest info

Really it is not worth effort and the wasted space on the forum since people tend not to read them.

Hard to keep them updated with info since every office has different requirements.

There are pinned topics about online 90 day reporting and ME TV's and there is still post asking questions about them.

35 minutes ago, MickTurator said:

There used to be one.

IIRC it was written by Yorkie and was a very clear explanation.

I failed to find it earlier, maybe it has been removed

There has not been one that I can recall in the years on i have been active on this forum.

There is one for getting visas in the region but never for the requirements to get an extension based upon retirement.

9 hours ago, hwaetu Go said:

Hello Forum,  I would like a complete list of requirements for a retirement visa. I already pocess a Non-imm. O visa. Thank you

It would help in terms of accuracy of advice if the OP would indicate what Immigration office he's planning to apply at?  As Joe has noted above, there are various variations of requirements among some different Immigration offices.

For example, Chaengwattana Immigration in BKK typically doesn't ask for any proof of residence for retirement extension applications.  Although, in the OP's case, since this apparently would be a FIRST application, they might do otherwise. But they certainly don't ask for any residency document on that for extension renewals.

Re the OP's post above, the back side of the TM 7 form has a square box where they want you to attach a printed photo.  And yes, they want a copy of your airport departure card. And they want you to sign all your document photocopies (passport pages and departure card).

The financial requirement is you get to choose among 3 options for retirement extensions:

--at least 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, or

--at least 65,000 baht in monthly income certified by an income affidavit from your home country's consulate in Thailand, or

--a combination of monthly income certified by the income affidavit from your consulate and Thai bank deposit in your name that totals to at least 800,000 baht for the year.

And I believe, on your first retirement extension application, generally, you're only required to have "seasoned" any Thai bank funds for a two month period prior to the date of your application.  On subsequent applications, that would become three months. And seasoning meaning, the funds have stayed in the same account for the required period of time and never had the balance dip below the amount required.