Abhisit’s home flooded in Bangkok deluge

rooster59

Abhisit’s home flooded in Bangkok deluge

By The Nation

6462435fc70464a5be0982e454dec6b3.jpeg

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has been affected by the flash-flooding that hit Bangkok on Saturday.

“It was the first time floodwater has got into my house. I did not lift things up. My car has already broken down,” he posted on his official line account, @mark_abhisit, on Saturday afternoon.

The Democrat Party leader’s house is located in Soi Sukhumvit 31.

Heavy rains lashed Bangkok from midnight on Friday and continued into the early hours of Saturday, leading to flooding on many Bangkok roads.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30329271

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-14

4 minutes ago, saakura said:

Bangkok was. And it was said that Thaksin deliberately did this to save the farmlands of his cronies upriver.

Who said that? The voice in your head?

Thaksin was not in power in 2011 and everything north of Bangkok was flooded for months in order to save Bangkok. At the end the water won and inundated the northern part of Bangkok, while the center stayed dry.

My car has already broken down,

Then 90% of the population wet themselves laughing as they say well you should of fixed that when you had some power.

But think on the brightside Mark, now you do not have to drive with the worlds deadliest drivers.

8 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

My car has already broken down,

Then 90% of the population wet themselves laughing as they say well you should of fixed that when you had some power.

But think on the brightside Mark, now you do not have to drive with the worlds deadliest drivers.

Poor man! I do feel sorry for him. Can he afford a new car, or should TV start a collection?

18 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Who said that? The voice in your head?

Thaksin was not in power in 2011 and everything north of Bangkok was flooded for months in order to save Bangkok. At the end the water won and inundated the northern part of Bangkok, while the center stayed dry.

Agreed. People forget that the prime ministers wish to keep Bangkok businesses dry meant that she ordered the sandbagging of all klongs leading into Bangkok. This is what led to the higher flood waters to the north of Bangkok. Some areas under 3-6 feet of water for 4-6 months. Does anybody remember the news of residents having had enough and trying to rip the sandbagging down to release the water.  

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

As much as he is a limp wristed, under performer, sad to hear that he or anyone's homes get flooded out.

My other half said that he was ' just too nice to be a politician ' probably right.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

My other half said that he was ' just too nice to be a politician ' probably right.

Though he has spoken out against some of the buffoonery of the junta, he accepting the role of PM during the last coup has made him hated by a good percentage of the population.  He should bow out.  He may be a good man, but he as made some really bad choices.  

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

No he is not a nice guy and I have no sympathy for him - I have met some Cambodians that told me some horror stories about the time when

he was in charge and those Cambodians were working illegally in TH.  Basically the BiB could do just about anything with them and they really enjoyed it.

I doubt realistically that this was really his doing as much as it was Immigration police.

As you say, they were illegals, so they were part of their own problem. Thailand has constant problems with illegals from Myanmar ( just look at MBK ) Laos and Cambodia. The fact that these people do work that Thais consider beneath them is besides the point.

I know Cambodians right at this minute working in Thailand- legal and illegal. You pay your money, you take your chances!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/14/2017 at 5:53 PM, saakura said:

Last time in 2011 he blamed Thaksin for the flooding....

Abhisit could have done something to prevent future flooding, in his time as prime minister of Thailand, e.g. improving rainwater canalisation and sewerage systems, but he didn't. How do they say in Thailand: "Som Nam Na!"

Edited by StayinThailand2much