Thai man flying drone at Don Mueang will pop in to see police by Friday

webfact

Thai man flying drone at Don Mueang will pop in to see police by Friday

3pm.jpg

Picture: INN

A man suspected of flying a drone near Don Mueang airport has told police he is busy but will answer their summons by Friday.

INN news reported he was currently in contact with civil aviation authorities facing their investigators.

The man had flown a drone in the area of the Royal Thai Air Force that is close to the main Don Mueang Airport used by travelers.

Surachet Banthit the chief of Don Mueang police said a summons had been issued and the suspect had called to say he would be in by October 20th to face charges.

It is understood he faces charges of flying a drone and contravening the official secrets' acts.

He could be jailed for a year and fined 40,000 baht or both.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-18

So suspect telling police what THEY are going to do,God forbid

the Police have to get off their @rses and go and get him,or is

contravening the official secrets' acts,not serious  enough offence.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Yes, indeed, maybe the cops will send a car for him to save him having to drive himself. Perhaps even treat him to lunch at the canteen?

Yes, maybe a pick up time has been arranged for Friday. Perhaps the Don Mueang police are very community minded and do not wish to inconvenience him, especially when he is busy.

Friday? Sorry, I normally wash my hair on Fridays. How about ehm ... Sat- ... No, Saturday is caffeine enema day. It usually takes me 3 hours to cleanse my colon and I have an aerobics class in the afternoon. How about I drop by on Sunday after lunch for a friendly chat, a wai and a 500 baht fine?

54 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Was it yesterday that a commercial plane, in Canada I believe, hit a drone due to some numbskull flying in the no go zone of an airport, are these people morons ?

Yes. 

But so are the regulators here!

I remember some 15 years go there is a RC airplane flying field just 3-4 km away from don muang airport. I was always amazed that it was allow to operate, this was one of the popular rc airplane flying fields in bangkok and was pretty crowded on weekends.