Officials relocate tree that blocked overpass after people question their common sense

webfact

Officials relocate tree that blocked overpass after people question their common sense

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photo: Kitichai Taechangamlert/ Facebook

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) said yesterday that they have relocated the tree that had been blocking the bottom of an overpass on Phloen Chit Road — for years.

The misplaced flora seemingly didn’t get much attention from City Hall until someone posted a photo of the tree online last week, causing netizens to start understandably start questioning their government’s common sense.

The bridge — and the Burma padauk — had been around for at least six years, according to the snaps on Google Street View, and locals have been zig-zagging around the tree all this time without any complaints.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/officials-relocate-tree-blocked-overpass-people-question-common-sense/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-10-20

Give it a few weeks and they will put it back. Once the pavement starts sinking it will be the only thing they will think of.

I remember a while ago there was a hole in the road that I passed by most days, to sort out the problem they poured tarmac over it. Within a couple of days the tarmac had sunk into the hole and they poured some more over the hole.

It took them about 2 weeks to realise they needed to place something solid over the hole and its borders before putting the tarmac over it.

I think Roger Crutchley of ' The Nation ' a few years ago re.fered to folk here who don't like to complain about many things as going into Mental erase .  Carry on as always and don't give any thought. EG  I was in a minibus about 10 years ago going from Chumpon to Rayong , being early in the AM the driver was going on the wrong side of the road round bends , ignoring red lights etc. My TW asked a passenger why does he drive like this ? The answer ' He always drives like this '.   Walk round the tree , don't question why it is there.

14 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I think Roger Crutchley of ' The Nation ' a few years ago re.fered to folk here who don't like to complain about many things as going into Mental erase .  Carry on as always and don't give any thought. EG  I was in a minibus about 10 years ago going from Chumpon to Rayong , being early in the AM the driver was going on the wrong side of the road round bends , ignoring red lights etc. My TW asked a passenger why does he drive like this ? The answer ' He always drives like this '.   Walk round the tree , don't question why it is there.

Crutch never worked at that publication, but he is a great humourist and journalist.

I don't remember that quote though.