Video: Are Thai police "fit" for purpose - national chief finds out!

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Workpoint News

National police chief Jakthip Chaijinda was on a tour of duty on Sunday when he noticed a rather rotund man walking in the area of the police station he was inspecting.

The fatty was asked if he was a policeman and when told by the man that he was an investigator on his day off asked him if he could do press-ups.

The man was then ordered to do some exercises before the chief left in his car.

Video of the incident at Pa Moke station in Ang Thong is being viewed across social media.

Source: Workpoint News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-23

The Chief is a bit slouched himself, belly sticking out further than his chest. 

I don't understand the on-the-spot press up test.  Is there a periodic physical fitness test for police?  Looking at the investigator, doesn't appear to be any body fat benchmarks either. 

1 hour ago, coulson said:

What was he doing *hanging around* on his day off, on a scheduled inspection?

Asking for trouble....

He was there for the canteen, they have such nice fatty snacks there and much cheaper than along the road.

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"The fatty was asked if he was a policeman and when told by the man that he was an investigator....."

A lot of breakins at Dunkin Donuts by the look of things.

He's current;y investigating "Who ate all the Pies!"

13 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

A bad day for the RTP image all around.  A top cop should set a non materialistic example, but it is easier to snooze in a benzy than in a patrol car. 

The customary unmarked Toyota with the number plates identifying it as a Honda Wave was not available...

Depends on what your definition of "purpose" is (not the definition of "fit"). So, I counted three pushups. Did the Chief say "Get down and give me three!"? I'd love to see a transcript in English of their dialogue? Anyone?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Before the chief delves into the question of fitness, perhaps he should be more concerned with the purpose of the Thai police. Since the police don't engage in law enforcement, what exactly is the purpose of these folks? If there is no purpose, does fitness really matter?