The New Blade Motorbike

bungalowbill

Does anyone have the new Honda Blade? If so how do you like it?.....I would like to rent one in CM, anyone know where?

I bought my wife an Air Blade in October of last year and she loves it. Automatic is great. It does take some getting used to for Thai's since there are lots of interlocking features to prevent starting the bike without kickstand up and brakes locked and since the key coding is in English it takes some getting used to to open the seat, and the gas compartment.

It is a very stylish bike but does have limitations in that there is no basket for carrying things and no way to add one and going to the market presents a problem hauling what you buy. Even with that problem wife manages very nicely with her Air Blade and the prestige it brings her when she goes anyplace with it.

Not sure about renting it in Chiang Mai and someone else will have to give you that information.

The blades are hours of endless fun, very nippy and really nice to ride

No basket is a minus, but underneath the seat there is enough storage for a "proper" helmet so you can fit

quite a bit in there.

Its the best moped I have ever written and I think its probably the best automatic bike in the market

I have one rented from Tonys Big Bikes which is on Ratchamankha Rd opposite the Gecko book store.

He has 3 but I think there pretty much rented full time as no one likes to give them back, I have had it for 6 months

and have no intention of ever returning it :o

But I was down there the other day and I no he is planning to get more, and I think one of the 3 bikes is being rented out just on short term rentals

Edited by Remo

No basket is a minus, but underneath the seat there is enough storage for a "proper" helmet so you can fit

quite a bit in there.

Its the best moped I have ever written and I think its probably the best automatic bike in the market

I have one rented from Tonys Big Bikes which is on Ratchamankha Rd opposite the Gecko book store.

He has 3 but I think there pretty much rented full time as no one likes to give them back, I have had it for 6 months

and have no intention of ever returning it :o

But I was down there the other day and I no he is planning to get more, and I think one of the 3 bikes is being rented out just on short term rentals

thanks remo and wash...it really is a nice looking bike and I'm told the suspension is very strong, so carry a passenger is not a problem

quite a bit in there.

and have no intention of ever returning it :D

thanks remo and wash...it really is a nice looking bike and I'm told the suspension is very strong, so carry a passenger is not a problem

we just got a Honda Dream for the shop here and thinking perhaps an automatic would have been a better way to go. Before we decided on the Dream, it seemed to us like all these automatic mopeds sounded like Hair Dryers on the road. :o

Im married and we use the bike for both of us to get around, a second passenger is not a problem on the bikes,

Have taken it up to Doi Suthep, and Doi Pui and with two its been a nice trip instead of a struggle

Some people might not be a fan of mopeds, but these bikes are really quick which I like to help escape from the

jeeps etc.. at the lights

The guy that runs the bike shop, is really good to deal with, no BS and charges less than other shops

There a bit pricier to rent than other bikes, but I after waves, dreams, clicks etc... I am 100% converted and even happy to pay more for renting it

Edited by Remo

Right now the Air Blade can be considered the top model automatic bike , but the Yamaha Nuovo is considered a better bike by many people.

The folks at Yamaha have been doing automatic bikes for years already. The Air Blade has problems with the electic starter.

I know many bike rental places and they steer clear of the Air Blade.

side note; these bikes suck on gas.

Right now the Air Blade can be considered the top model automatic bike , but the Yamaha Nuovo is considered a better bike by many people.

The folks at Yamaha have been doing automatic bikes for years already. The Air Blade has problems with the electic starter.

I know many bike rental places and they steer clear of the Air Blade.

side note; these bikes suck on gas.

Very interseting Vespa...that's why I'm not rushing in to buy one and wanted to rent first. When I was in Vietnam they had Honda and yamaha 125 and 150s automatics and they were a much bigger bike size wise and very good for long rides, There's a new bunch of those bigger 125/150s in Thailand...I forget the name of the make but I don't trust them and am hoping Honda or Yamaha will send some bigger ones to thailand in the future

havent had a Yamaha before, not sure what the problem you mention with the electric starter is as the biek I have is brand new

and the only problem I have had is a loose lightbulb

Suck on gas? Not sure what your compariing it to, but we do a lot of running around on it and its very inexspensive to run

Just realised I writing a message defending one brand of moped versus the other, I had better find something to do :o