My wife is with me for the money.

Been there done that

We have been together for over 10 years and married for at least half of that time. My sin sod was purely for show and I was given the entire amount back after the wedding. We have 2 young children together. She has her own bank accounts and income & we split all bills. Our relationship has never been based on money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The OP has not specifically mentioned Thai women, so how is this topic even Thailand related? In-fact this is rather derogatory against women. Why not ask, does your husband treat you like a servant and only want`s you for sex. 

Lol, if OP was referring to any other nationality of women, why would he raise the topic in TV?

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Back on topic having been tooing and froing to Thailand for the past 25 years I would say in my experience Yes.
But....... my current girlfriend of 3 years seems a little different :)
I met her in a massage shop (yep I know) and she had working in massage around 8 years. She is 2o odd years younger than me.
I was totally upfront from the start because that’s how I am. I told her she could go home and stay with her family but I couldn’t pay big money, would never remarry, and didn’t want any more kids. What I give her per month is peanuts compared to some of the numbers I see banded on here, but it’s enough for her to feed herself and her son/ family.
I’m often in the country so when I am I’m happy to spoil a little.
I’ve deliberately played it slow because I know and have seen many of the horror stories.
My guess is that’s she in it for the long haul. She knows I will retire here and she’s hoping what I have one day will be hers.
I’m still sceptical. She’s a good looking lady and turns many heads when we are about but if I’m honest she’s done nothing for me to doubt her.
As things stand it’s a win win. I’m having the time of my life and she seems happy with what she has.
As people say maybe it’s the long con.
I’d be interested to know what the tell tale signs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well it wouldn't be hard for her to cover her tracks if you are 10000km across the planet for half the time. Just i don't understand why you send her money when you are not there. If she likes you and you treat her well when you are with her she will still make time for you when you are in Thailand. Sending money or not will not make an iota of difference as to whether she is faithful or not when you are distant.

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Back on topic having been tooing and froing to Thailand for the past 25 years I would say in my experience Yes.
But....... my current girlfriend of 3 years seems a little different :)
I met her in a massage shop (yep I know) and she had working in massage around 8 years. She is 2o odd years younger than me.
I was totally upfront from the start because that’s how I am. I told her she could go home and stay with her family but I couldn’t pay big money, would never remarry, and didn’t want any more kids. What I give her per month is peanuts compared to some of the numbers I see banded on here, but it’s enough for her to feed herself and her son/ family.
I’m often in the country so when I am I’m happy to spoil a little.
I’ve deliberately played it slow because I know and have seen many of the horror stories.
My guess is that’s she in it for the long haul. She knows I will retire here and she’s hoping what I have one day will be hers.
I’m still sceptical. She’s a good looking lady and turns many heads when we are about but if I’m honest she’s done nothing for me to doubt her.
As things stand it’s a win win. I’m having the time of my life and she seems happy with what she has.
As people say maybe it’s the long con.
I’d be interested to know what the tell tale signs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well it wouldn't be hard for her to cover her tracks if you are 10000km across the planet for half the time. Just i don't understand why you send her money when you are not there. If she likes you and you treat her well when you are with her she will still make time for you when you are in Thailand. Sending money or not will not make an iota of difference as to whether she is faithful or not when you are distant. She managed to feed kids and famly before you were on the scene !

Edited by Gruff

Well it wouldn't be hard for her to cover her tracks if you are 10000km across the planet for half the time. Just i don't understand why you send her money when you are not there. If she likes you and you treat her well when you are with her she will still make time for you when you are in Thailand. Sending money or not will not make an iota of difference as to whether she is faithful or not when you are distant. She managed to feed kids and famly before you were on the scene !

Sending money means she doesn’t have to go back to work, nothing to do with buying her faithfulness. If she works then she can’t see me when I come. It’s that simple and that’s the reason. I’m in the country 6 months a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Sending money means she doesn’t have to go back to work, nothing to do with buying her faithfulness. If she works then she can’t see me when I come. It’s that simple and that’s the reason. I’m in the country 6 months a year.

You are quite likely not the only one funding her, but if that doesn't worry you and you are ok spending money un-necessarily and you are happy, great i guess. Work is also probably good for her to see and chat with friends and also to have some self reliance.

You are quite likely not the only one funding her, but if that doesn't worry you and you are ok spending money un-necessarily and you are happy, great i guess. Work is also probably good for her to see and chat with friends and also to have some self reliance.

My gut instinct says I am but I respect your opinion. I’m old and ugly enough to know the risks. For me at the moment the positives outweigh the negatives but that may change who knows.

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

My gut instinct says I am but I respect your opinion. I’m old and ugly enough to know the risks. For me at the moment the positives outweigh the negatives but that may change who knows.

I guess our priorities must always be selfish but if lots of guys send regular money (for what the girl will see as nothing)  it does nothing to dispel the Thai girl belief that we are ATM's

I guess our priorities must always be selfish but if lots of guys send regular money (for what the girl will see as nothing)  it does nothing to dispel the Thai girl belief that we are ATM's

Yeah I get that. Obviously if I had any idea that was the case I would be off like a shot. At the moment I’m going with the flow and have no reason to doubt. But I would never rule anything out. Thai ladies are the most uneducated educated species when it comes to money and how to obtain. I am well aware.

To be honest I’ve had some great times travelling with her. I am gradually making my way round Thailand with a view to deciding where I want to end up. She is invaluable in many way especially as I don’t speak the language so no complaints as yet. But I’ve always an open mind.

13 hours ago, gamini said:

The answer is: if you are fat, ugly, unatractive, elderly, badly dressed, spend your time in bars drinking and lack Thai freinds there is a very high possibility the lady is with you for money. 

Have we met ?

11 hours ago, xylophone said:

My take on that is that as long as the farang knows that he is buying her youth and beauty, then it doesn't matter.

What I find sad is that many of these guys become heartbroken when the girl leaves, stating that he really thought it was "love"............and they go to pieces. 

Renting, surely ?

Middle age v younger women is the classic problem. Many guys go through a mid life crisis, attempting to solve it by trying to recapture youth.  Its not a good basis for success.  Although most age gap relationships can be less than ideal, I would give better odds on an older guy v younger woman relationship, providing of course the older guy is accepting of his age.

I always see these questions. Is she just out for your money? The women could ask a similar question. Is he just out for sex with a younger woman? If both people are getting their needs met, then no one is being taken advantage of.

Edited by fordguy61mi

10 hours ago, transam said:

Isaan Mrs.Trans, heading for 50..

15697503_1214662581953423_5899418634497744185_n.jpg.03bdb3a343c442c03542f0068ac261a8.jpg

15665513_1214662551953426_5989446486816175463_n.jpg

Hmmmmm. Do you have any job openings around your place by any chance? Can do some gardening, I am good with dogs and buffaloes, can Tap Dance and impersonate Elvis. Can tell a 100 Bob Hope jokes. Will work for food and lodging.
What do you say?
Cheers.

In the prehistoric era, the females offered their bodies to the best hunters within their tribes....as it meant a good supply of food and skins to dress and be warm..

In the industrial revolution era, females offered themselves to he with a stable job at the local mill, in good shape, for mating healthy kids, a good 2 storey lodging lined up in some middle class lane, the giant fridge and kitchen mixers, an oversized car sucking 30 /Litres per 100 km...all that caracterised the era of the american way of [consuming] living...

And today ?....have things changed all that much ?

On 10/31/2017 at 3:36 AM, swissie said:

It's a universal concept that has been in place for at least the 6000 years (Thailand included).
- I am prepered that soon the "my wife is diffent from the rest" brigade will join in, claiming that an age difference of 25 years has nothing to do with any sort of financial constellations whatsoever. Very funny!
Not critizising the concept as it were. Far better to wake up in the morning to a 45 year old Thai-Female than a 65 year old caucasian woman. As long as the Farang can uphold and finance this concept.
OP asks for "honest answers". I just did.     You?
Cheers.

And even better to wake up in the morning to a 35 year old Thai- Female !

8 hours ago, swissie said:

Hmmmmm. Do you have any job openings around your place by any chance? Can do some gardening, I am good with dogs and buffaloes, can Tap Dance and impersonate Elvis. Can tell a 100 Bob Hope jokes. Will work for food and lodging.
What do you say?
Cheers.

She's already got one with those qualifications...Me...classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.0b27b0221e54d0a569795e7058ca0234.gif

But her daughter (27) is still single...:smile:

31 minutes ago, transam said:

She's already got one with those qualifications...Me...classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.0b27b0221e54d0a569795e7058ca0234.gif

Go for it swissie 27 is not bad If u bomb out there my wife has a 20 year old daughter Only prob is she is very lazy If you were having sex with her she be asleep I yawn just looking at her

:cheesy:

32 minutes ago, transam said: