Hunt on after student found murdered on Bangkok footbridge

webfact

Hunt on after student found murdered on Bangkok footbridge

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A manhunt is being mounted after a 16 year old technical college student was found stabbed to death on a footbridge in Bangkok.

Kriangkrai Wimana was found with five stab wounds to the head and neck and other parts of his body.

His body, in purple shirt and black trousers, was in the center of a footbridge.

Bang Plat police were told that Kriangkrai, an electrical studies student, had been waiting for his 16 year old girlfriend at the end of Jaran Sanitwong Soi 84/1.

Another youth arrived on a motor cycle and a fist fight developed.

Kriangkrai was then chased onto the bridge and attacked with knife before his assailant fled on the bike.

Police believe the case either involves the girl or may be one of rivalry between colleges.

CCTV is being studied to find the getaway route of the man on the motorcycle.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-01

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Maybe, wait, wait! Here it comes...... You think it might be common sense?

Or drugs, or money, or loss of face, or a long standing feud, or a family problem etc etc etc.

The list is endless and hypothesising in the press can lead to steering an investigation the wrong way in an attempt to save face. It is fine to have an idea, it is needed to start the investigation if there is some knowledge potentially of the crime or the reasons behind it, but don't give it to the press. Every report I see always has two reasons suspected by the police. Most of the Police I have met here could not fine their own <deleted> with both hands so their 'reasons' for a murder are laughable.

just shut up, do your investigation then give an outcome.

Sorry for my slow reply by the way, I was wiping orange juice of my keyboard as I laughed so hard when you posted 'common sense' in a post relating to a Thai Police investigation.

8 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Or drugs, or money, or loss of face, or a long standing feud, or a family problem etc etc etc.

The list is endless and hypothesising in the press can lead to steering an investigation the wrong way in an attempt to save face. It is fine to have an idea, it is needed to start the investigation if there is some knowledge potentially of the crime or the reasons behind it, but don't give it to the press. Every report I see always has two reasons suspected by the police. Most of the Police I have met here could not fine their own <deleted> with both hands so their 'reasons' for a murder are laughable.

just shut up, do your investigation then give an outcome.

Sorry for my slow reply by the way, I was wiping orange juice of my keyboard as I laughed so hard when you posted 'common sense' in a post relating to a Thai Police investigation.

As you appearently are so intelligent, and knows so much more than people investigating. Then you should either shut up or offer your services.
All we needed was another "Wannabe Sherlock" :cheesy:
By, the way! I hope your keyboard survived. 

Edited by Get Real

Just now, Get Real said:

As you appearently are so intelligent, and knows so much more than people investigating. Then you should either shut up or offer your services.
All we needed was another "Wannabe Sherlock" :cheesy:

Is this seriously all you have to do all day? Annoy other posters with inane disputes? It very much seems that way. 

With regards to Wannabe Sherlock, please feel free to send me a PM and I will discuss my credentials with you, I am more than happy to do that. I have found in the pst other posters doing it in public meets with ridicule from sad individuals such as yourself. Let's do it in PM to avoid cluttering the forum with your nonsense.

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:

Did girl show up? If not she is involved. Could be a love triangle

Whoaaaaa slow down there tiger. Using your brains in this thread will get you labelled at a Wannabe Sherlock.

In fact I don't know why the reply function is even active as we should all just accept the news report as gospel.

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

Police believe the case either involves the girl or may be one of rivalry between colleges.

Based on what?

Because the Technical College students here hack each other up for sport.

Actually not only the the students. The head of a Nursing College in Buriram sent 2 pick up trucks of students and thugs to a rival nursing college to hack them up. One was shot dead by a security guard and the rest legged it. Around 3 years ago. 

Education, like the roads, business, love, and everything else here, can easily become murder. 

3 minutes ago, DLang said:

Because the Technical College students here hack each other up for sport.

Actually not only the the students. The head of a Nursing College in Buriram sent 2 pick up trucks of students and thugs to a rival nursing college to hack them up. One was shot dead by a security guard and the rest legged it. Around 3 years ago. 

Education, like the roads, business, love, and everything else here, can easily become murder. 

Hi

I know this, I have lived here for 14 years and I am aware of the nuances for the technical colleges. This does not mean this murder was as a result of two college students fighting over college turf so to speak.

To assume this would mean that all murders related to two students from different colleges is as a result of them attending different colleges, and correct me if I am wrong those skirmishes do not tend to be one on one, not that I can recall anyway.

My point is, the police habit here of offering an opinion on a motive is pointless and counterproductive to a good investigation. The evidence should lead to the cause, not the cause leading to the evidence.

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Whoaaaaa slow down there tiger. Using your brains in this thread will get you labelled at a Wannabe Sherlock.

In fact I don't know why the reply function is even active as we should all just accept the news report as gospel.

No, using your brain is perfect to do in this forum, and that doesn´t give you the title. Assuming that professionals at the scene always makes the wrong assumptions does.

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Based on what?

Based on past experience of finding a student corpse with stab wounds...

7 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Hi

I know this, I have lived here for 14 years and I am aware of the nuances for the technical colleges. This does not mean this murder was as a result of two college students fighting over college turf so to speak.

To assume this would mean that all murders related to two students from different colleges is as a result of them attending different colleges, and correct me if I am wrong those skirmishes do not tend to be one on one, not that I can recall anyway.

My point is, the police habit here of offering an opinion on a motive is pointless and counterproductive to a good investigation. The evidence should lead to the cause, not the cause leading to the evidence.

Assuming he was in uniform it's a fair place to start. The girl is probably the next bet, seeing as he was meant to be meeting her. You don't actually know that the police haven't talked to her or that witnesses haven't said the attacker was wearing a uniform of a rival school. Or the same school, because sometimes different departments of the same school have grudges. 
There's not even a quote attributed to anyone here (which is unusual if they've actually given one) so 'The police believe ...' bit could just be journalistic licence. 

Your last point may be a valid perspective. But, as you probably know, it's not how it's done here.

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Based on past experience of finding a student corpse with stab wounds...

It would be interesting to know the percentage of murders of students that are related to girls or college disputes for them to make the assumption.