Woman, 65, puts up sign to recruit boyfriend

webfact

Woman, 65, puts up sign to recruit boyfriend

By The Nation

d8f388b6e03a305f9ec31f7c6b0f99e9.jpeg

A 65-year-old woman in Ubon Ratchathani's Pibul Mangsahan district has put up a sign on her house’s gate seeking a good, pensioner boyfriend.

Sompong Chomphupraphet said she is advertising in this way because she has become lonely after divorcing her German husband.

“Woman 65, needs boyfriend between 60-70 years old, pensioner, who is good and sincere and has good health. Interested persons, please contact here,” the sign reads.

2548b52bbe7b0601283d011873878c2d.jpg

Sompong said she was once married to an Air Force officer, who fathered her two children but her first husband liked to drink and often quarrelled with her. After divorcing him, she married a German and stayed with him in Germany for 13 years.

She returned to Thailand and lived alone and now she wants to live with someone during the final years of her life.

Sompong said two men have applied, but she rejected them both and is still waiting for the right man.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330559

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-01

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  'Some grist for the mill I guess.  But you know, without knowing or wanting to know all the details, there's something to empathize with here.  A 65yo used to being with somebody and not looking forward to spending the rest of her years alone.  Kind o' sad.

9 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"...between 60-70 years old, pensioner, who is good and sincere and has good health. "

How many sick water buffaloes does she have?

I'd be sick living in that house! Let alone with any buffaloes hangin about .....

18 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Kind of nice - best of luck to her. 

I agree ... who really wants to spend the last years of their life alone ...65+ are pensioners ...

Move in with a lady who has a house must be a plus ...

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  'Some grist for the mill I guess.  But you know, without knowing or wanting to know all the details, there's something to empathize with here.  A 65yo used to being with somebody and not looking forward to spending the rest of her years alone.  Kind o' sad.

There is a nice functional post for once!

At least she is not sitting at home praying for a divine intervention to fix her problems.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Very romantic.

No pension?

Do not apply. 

45 years ago the advertisement would have been placed elsewhere...:whistling:

As a successful retired hooker a fancy fence may increase the attraction...:violin:

We are talking here not about a second hand, but a third hand antiquity, with quite a lot of mileage.

Such bargains may look cheap at first sight, but there are generally a lot of maintenance hidden costs that the lucky winner only finds about later.

The sign, written in Thai, is probably intended to keep a bay candidates who are not able to read...that would be about 75% of the adult population in my wife's village...

Edited by Brunolem
Rephrasing

Was stationed at the Royal Thai Air Base there off and on from '65-'71.  I may have known her when she was younger, more likely her mother.   LOL!  But in '70 she was 18.  Perhaps her and her mother.  

1 hour ago, ttrd said:

45 years ago the advertisement would have been placed elsewhere...:whistling:

As a successful retired hooker a fancy fence may increase the attraction...:violin:

There you go jumping to conclusions. How is it you know she is a retired hooker?