U.S. comedian Louis C.K. admits and apologises for sexual misconduct

rooster59

Just now, lannarebirth said:

I imagine it falls under the heading of "indecent exposure". In many US jurisdictions just getting caught taking a piss on the side of the road will get you on the list of Registered Sexual Offenders , so it is not something to be taken lightly.

Indecently exposing yourself in the privacy of your own room in front of other people who choose to be there?

I cannot see that being illegal 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are forcing me too look and a photo of a buxom woman in her underwear with her breasts partially exposed .

I do not want to see such things . Imagine if that was my mum , sister or close friend .

I will never be able to forget that image and I may have issues dealing with females in the future .

I didnt ask to see that photo , you forced it upon me , that is sexual abuse .

You should be put in jail with a big black guy , whos hasnt had sex for 20 years

Neither I nor the actress are forcing you to do anything of the sort.  Your analogy is off the mark by a very wide margin.  

GOODBYE.

Edited by Ramen087

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

There is nothing relative about a man trapping a women in a room and forcing her to watch him masturbate.  It is always wrong. Always.

Were they actually "trapped" in the room ?

Did he lock them into his room and not allow them to leave ?

Did he actually force them to watch him ?

16 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Neither I nor the actress are forcing you to do anything of the sort.  Your analogy is off the mark by a very wide margin.  

GOODBYE.

Oh dear......sanemax's post went completely over your head.

Where's a damn tongue-in-cheek emoticon when you need one?

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh dear......sanemax's post went completely over your head.

Where's a damn tongue-in-cheek emoticon when you need one?

No humor in any of max's posts. Some may get some kind of kick out of it, but this is a serious subject, and not to be taken lightly. 

Any defense or mitigation of Louis C.K's actions, direct or indirect, is very demoralizing to anyone who values the basic humanity of the ladies involved. 

Actually the women ("ladies" is rather patronising) come out of it very well, as while being shocked and disappointed by his behaviour, especially as they were fans of his and were working with him, they do not appear to have been de-humanised and originally laughed it off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Actually the women ("ladies" is rather patronising) come out of it very well, as while being shocked and disappointed by his behaviour, especially as they were fans of his and were working with him, they do not appear to have been de-humanised and originally laughed it off.

Referring to a female as a 'lady' is not patronizing. It is simply another term for a female, just like the word 'woman'.  Nice nitpick though.  Your conclusion about the women, and how they've come out if it, is bizarre. BYE.

Edited by Ramen087

Referring to a female as a 'lady' is not patronizing. It is simply another term for a female, just like the word 'woman'.  Nice nitpick though.  Your conclusion about the women, and how they've come out if it, is bizarre. BYE.

I'm just going by the reports, rather than my own prejudices.

27 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

According to reports, he blocked the door.

Which reports ?

In one report, the ladies were screaming and laughing , which they later put down to "being shocked"

During Ms. Goodman and Ms. Wolov’s surreal visit to Louis C.K.’s Aspen hotel room, they said they were holding onto each other, screaming and laughing in shock, as Louis C.K. masturbated in a chair.

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of interest. I don't fully agree with the article's conclusions. 

Louis C.K. Is Done

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/louis-ck-is-done.html?wpsrc=nymag

I don't like the author's false equivalence of CK to Lenny Bruce.  While they both are deeply flawed, CK's humor, to me seems mostly self indulgent. While Bruce took aim at hypocritical moralizers the CK stuff seems to me more of an attempt to normalize immoral behaviour. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't like the author's false equivalence of CK to Lenny Bruce.  While they both are deeply flawed, CK's humor, to me seems mostly self indulgent. While Bruce took aim at hypocritical moralizers the CK stuff seems to me more of an attempt to normalize immoral behaviour. Just my opinion.

Degenerate probably a better word than immoral.